We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frickin' car is doing my head in now. I get one thing fixed and then something else starts going wrong.

Got the new brake pads on yesterday and I thought "Finally, the car might not have anything wrong with it for a while". Bad thing to say. Went out for a drive, turned left at a junction and now I get a knocking/clunking noise from the front somewhere, it doesn't do it constantly, maybe once or twice throughout the turn (not full lock) so it's hard to determine exactly where it's coming from because by the time I realise the car's make the noise I've stopped turning. Could be a CV joint, I don't know. It doesn't do it every time I turn at a junction either. I'm also getting another noise from somewhere which half of me says is a wheel bearing and the other half of me says could be tyre noise from the ditch-finders on the back not liking the cold weather. I went somewhere with my step-dad yesterday, and his Golf was making exactly the same noise and he only replaced the bearings a year ago and didn't seem to notice/be bothered by the noise either so I don't know what it is.

Whatever it is is bound to be more money leaving my bank account. Definitely a love/hate relationship with this car. I love the car in general, but I hate how it keeps breaking something else everytime I fix something.

Can't remember off the top of my head, I'll have to find the receipts.

It's had a new cambelt and crankshaft pulley, auxilary belt and tensioner, front and rear brake disks and pads, two new tyres for the front, water-pump, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, oil. Which in the scheme of things are all things that could need replacing on any car at any time. It's just a pain in the arse that they've all decided they want doing within less than a year :p

With my job hanging in the balance I don't need the car throwing problems at me all the time.

I suppose as long as the rear beam or injectors don't break then I can't really complain too much. Those are the parts that'll send the car to the scrap yard if they let go.

My pathetic lumps of overpriced crap I have to call network equipment died for the 9001st time, was almost a halfway decent day until I had to take 3hr to get it (partially) working again, now I've gone to default settings and by some act of God it works. On the subject of crappy interweb things I apparently have about a 2.5mbps connection to the internet when being promised up to 15mbps, I didn't expect the max bandwidth but this is just sad. Also had to use Windows Vista and the obnoxious tools at my school were being slightly louder and more annoying than usual. :bsod: