We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe - it happens to all of us. I got a bad start at some lights and was narrowly beaten by a Subaru ?Legacy? RS - well I had to brake so we didn't collide at the merge. Congratulations to the RS driver who narrowly beat a 1.4L Golf :D

I also let a Commodore driver past me on the Great Ocean Road since he was a little quicker (RWD FTW I guess), plus I wanted him to be the first one to find any hazards around the next bend. :cheeky:

I also let a Commodore driver past me on the Great Ocean Road since he was a little quicker (RWD FTW I guess), plus I wanted him to be the first one to find any hazards around the next bend. :cheeky:

Everyone I know does that. I find it a bit weird, because sterotypically, all New York drivers are impatient.

It's sorta true. :ytwh:

Well, at the same time I probably overtook 20 cars on that twisty road. Some were more considerate in moving out of the way than others. One guy in a Hyundai Getz thought he was quick enough not to let me past. Just because he speeds on the straights doesn't mean his car was any good through the bends.

One guy in a Hyundai Getz thought he was quick enough not to let me past. Just because he speeds on the straights doesn't mean his car was any good through the bends.

I have a friend who thinks like that. Just because his older, lighter, less well equipped car is as fast as mine in a straight line till about 30mph he thinks it's better and always block me. But if he tried to match my car around corners he'd hit the nearest tree whilst on his roof. :hmmm:

We get that anytime we're driving in the GT-Four. People drive along at a slow pace, then they see us and decide to drive fast, but ofcourse they're braking in bends when they don't need to... Though it's always fun when someone is tailgating us in the 30/40mph zone, then when you come out you floor it and never see them again.. :lol:

Overtook LOTS of cars coming down the A12 from Norfolk the other day, couldn't help it when I'd been stuck behind my mate's Orange defender 90 since Great Yarmouth. Tis quite cool being in convoy with it though :) Also cool thinking how He's 19 like me.

One day I won't have a Focus that can't overtake on busy rural roads, instead I'll have a Civic Type R which can overtake in any gap I want it to :D

Well it started last night when I cut my face while shaving, which was somewhat painful. Then this morning, I was barely halfway through my breakfast when I accidentally knocked it on the floor, wasting it essentially. So I tried to just forget about it over some TF2, but these idiots in one server were being cocky and just plain annoying. And to top it all off, it's partly cloudy outside but still extremely hot. Worst day I've had so far this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to get up early to go to my mums to wait for a delivery, that's fine though, free food. :D

But having to listen to a big room full of fat people doing "exercise". It's essentially a room full of fat women shaking their arms about shouting " WOOOOO WOOOOOOO WOOOOOOO WOOOOOOO WOOOOOO" none stop for 3 hours whilst listening to extremely loud music that would be better suited to a Caribbean island. They ain't gonna lose any weight doing that and just piss everyone off. I'm about 100 yards down the road and it's still loud in the house with the doors and windows shut. :mad: And there's another 90 minutes of it to go, yay.

Were they doing zoomba or whatever it's called?

Was I the only person who thought Mellors' mum was giving birth for a moment there? :p

If that's the thing where they shake them stick things then yea.

And you probably were the only one thinking that. :p

Bus broke down twice on the way to work, the first time it broke down the driver managed to fix it temporarily but the second time he just gave up and called Stagecoach to say he'd broken down. Good job another bus going to the same place as me was just behind so I jumped on that and just about caught my next bus. Apparently the bus I was on in the morning which broke down twice also broke down in the afternoon. The newer buses really don't seem to like the hot weather but the older buses seem fine. Infact I think the older buses are better because they seem to go a bit better and the only time I've seen one 'break down' was when it ran out of diesel, good old 90s engineering.

Apart from that it wasn't really that bad a day.

Do they now let you on if you try to pay with a note? Very few drivers would let me on if I didn't have the right amount in coins, even if I tried to buy an £8 ticket with a tenner. I never knew what was so hard about giving me 2 £1 coins as change.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't even realise anyone had replied :p

I buy a Mega-Rider Gold ticket each week as I need to catch two buses which an ordinary Mega-Rider doesn't cover, area wise. £19 a week (usually) to do 50 miles a day. As much as I'd rather go by car it's a lot cheaper, especially at the moment as it's £10 a week because of some weird promotion thing they've got going on for under-25s running until August 30th. I paid the £19 using a £20 note and pay the £10 using a £10 note obviously, they don't bat an eye-lid about that but the driver who took me to college hated anyone who showed her anything larger than a £5 note because you either had to pay for a bus-pass at the start of each year which was £300+ or you had to buy single-way tickets all the time which were £1.70 or something when I left, I did lol when one of my friends used to get on with a £20 note and say "Sorry, it's all I have!".

In other news I'm so frickin' stressed out at the moment, my temporary job is coming to an end and I'm struggling to find a new job. Work's pretty hectic at the moment anyway, I basically go there these days to bare the brunt of an argument/problem which has nothing to do with me because I know nothing about it and didn't cause it but these pigeon racers need someone to moan at I suppose. Been living on my own for the last two weeks because my sister moved out and my dad's on holiday so there's no food to eat at all (I could get it myself but I'm lazy like that) and I've got no energy to do anything at the moment, I can sleep for as long as I want and it doesn't make a difference. Then there's another thing which is stressing me out the most, but I'm not prepared to mention that right now.