We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Corvette vs. Murcielago

wcumbie

Well you all don't be rude about it. And SuperVeloce, did you think that mabey the Vette was suppost to stay behind the Murci?? look at how it hung on it thru the whole vid and thats a light version of the Murci. Then price comes into the matter, you for sure cant beat the Vettes prices.(And it's not the same as getting a Jap Crap Civic and modding the hell out of it.)

Yeah it was, it did hang on suprisingly well I admit. The Vette is a very nice car, I wouldn't say no to one, but i'm just not sure if i'd buy one. (Obviously I'd have the Murcielago SV over the ZR1, actually any car, as the SV is my favourite car.) But it is exclusive over here so I guess to be different, the Corvette would be the way to go. Would have to be a Z06 or ZR1 to begin to tempt me though.

that was only a 1/8 mile and really it was an older murcielago up against the newest vette so not much of a surprise that it managed to keep up with a murci but in all reality american muscle cars are built for going in a straight line where as lambos go faster round tight corners in control where as a vette cant help but hold the back end out making it slower round the corners

that was only a 1/8 mile and really it was an older murcielago up against the newest vette so not much of a surprise that it managed to keep up with a murci but in all reality american muscle cars are built for going in a straight line where as lambos go faster round tight corners in control where as a vette cant help but hold the back end out making it slower round the corners

I can't believe people are still under the impression that North American cars can't turn a corner, this isn't 1970 anymore, modern Corvettes can take a corner quite well, and if they couldn't would they really be in Le Mans? and win? And I'm not one to start a fan boy war, but this deserves a place.

It's a twin turbo Vette. It's not standard. Move on. The Corvette could be out and out the greatest car in the world and I still wouldnt desire it. That's just what it is to be stereotypically European.

Why was this thread created anyway?

Ummmmm,I dont think the Murci was really that old and the Vette was a 2006. I also don't see how the Murci being mabey a year or two older would make a difference. It being older doesn't take away the launch control, all wheel drive, rear mounted engine, or the noticealble HP gap. By the looks of it, that may even be a normal C6.....

It's a twin turbo Vette. It's not standard. Move on. The Corvette could be out and out the greatest car in the world and I still wouldnt desire it. That's just what it is to be stereotypically European.

Why was this thread created anyway?

Because a stock Z06 beat a stock (base) Murcielago 3 out of 4 times. And some journalistic establishments would, in fact, argue that the ZR1 is one of the greatest cars in the world. Also, the twin-turbos and superchargers are one of the unique aspects of Corvettes - you can, if you choose, give it 850 horsepower.

-Leadfoot

Europe Vs America fight!!! :run:

lol you makes me giggle.

But yeah at the end of the day, the ZR1 has the capabilities to compete with the SV. However, lets be realistic. When is the last time you saw a person considering an SV in a Chevrolet dealer being partially persuaded to buy a ZR1 instead? That's right, you never have. They are different cars for different people.

And at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is which car makes you smile the most.