We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fiat 500 in NYC

ScoobSTi

A Fiat 500 was spotted in NY a few days ago. It's pretty cool, but I'd wait for the Abarth.

fiat_500_sneak_1010-lg.jpg

The 500's will be on sale in January. I'd love to drive one but if my friends saw my with this, they'd think something would be wrong with me. I wouldn't care though!

Some guy on Jalop took pics from last February of a 500 Abarth sighting found here.

Jalop article here.

So what do you guys think? :rolleyes: Will you be getting one or no?

I read on Speedhunters a while back that they were going to sell them State side!

Do Fiat sell cars over there alredy? or is the 500 going to be there Entry over there?

And I love them, prefer them over the BMW Mini, and i can trust Fiat to not flush brand values down the toilet with the 500 making a SUV out of it. And I'd easly get one, and i know someone who has one and she loves it! lol

Your mates would shut up once you showed them how fun that little thing is round the twisties and how punchy it feels. Sure it looks weird but that's what people want with these cars, to be noticed.

Yup, that's what I would do!

And yeah tWm, they pulled out of the US market lol. I still see a really old Alfa sometimes. Alfa's coming back though.

These are new in the US? Lulz.

Yes, lolz. Sure. :rolleyes: Ford is especially annoying in this respect. This is our Focus:

2638752_1.jpg

It sucks about 50% more than you think it does. :p And what does Europe get?

2011_Ford-Focus-RS-USA.jpg

Oh, or the Alfa 159 (or any Alfa, the 159 and Sportwagon just happen to be two of my dream cars to put it into perspective) - we don't have that. We don't have any Fiats, any hot hatches (no Renault, no Citroen, no Type-R - no Civic hatch, even!), any spliced exotics (the V12 Vantage was only recently approved for the US, and there are many other EU-only supercars).

The list goes on. And what do we get? That hideous thing on top.

-Leadfoot

I love the 500, though not enough to actually own one. Great alternative for those crazy people who get Smarts and Buggies :p. I really hope we get some Alfas though :).

As for the Ford thing, we're getting the Fiesta, and it looks just like the European version. I actually saw a new Fiesta outside a dealer not too far from my home :). And the 2012 Focus is quite alot nicer than Focuses (or Focii :confused:) of the past.

Pretty sure this is their first effort, or at least the first in a long time.

Yeah they have sold cars here before, but it was a long time ago. This is their fist attempt in a very long time. I don't see them selling well at all because, unfortunately, people here do not like change and will not buy anything they are not used to. Hopefully someone will open their eyes though.

Yeah they have sold cars here before, but it was a long time ago. This is their fist attempt in a very long time. I don't see them selling well at all because, unfortunately, people here do not like change and will not buy anything they are not used to. Hopefully someone will open their eyes though.

Hmm, I don't see them selling well either, but not because people don't like change. It's more that people don't think like Prohibit here:

Woot for little cars! :)

We really don't like little cars much. It's going to be a winner in it's class, but it's size is going to be it's problem :(.

Hmm, I don't see them selling well either, but not because people don't like change. It's more that people don't think like Prohibit here:

We really don't like little cars much. It's going to be a winner in it's class, but it's size is going to be it's problem :(.

I do.

I see smart cars all over the place, and scions.

Your mates would shut up once you showed them how fun that little thing is round the twisties and how punchy it feels.

Your right there, My mate drives a base model(1.2) but she throws it into corners and all that! Really funny as its only like 50Mhp but its fun!

Also Alot of cars don't make it to the US because of Safty regualtions! I Beleave theres only 1 Zonda in the US thats actually road legal! And Modern TVR's were band for safty and emissions!(Although i like my mates reasoning better, "They diddent want the Vetty to get beat!" lol)

Yeah that's true. Also, since most of America's population is "overweight"... but I do see a bunch of Mini Coopers and Smarts around here.