We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Last Murcielago Rolls off Line

T1M

"The Murciélago embodies the pure, unadulterated values of our brand. It is truly extreme, uncompromising and unmistakably Italian. This already makes it one of the legends of the sports car world. But the Lamborghini story continues. In 2011, we will take a huge step into the future with the successor to the Murciélago – with the most innovative technology and, once again, truly stunning design."

Source

Sad times. Such a shame, such an amazing car. I'd go as far to say the LP670-4 SV is irreplaceable, in my mind atleast. Goodbye, Murcielago. :sulk: *gets tissues*

Sad but still a joy to think about the next gen that is gonna take over for this gen... kinda like when the Diablo ran out..:)

I'm not sure this time, so far most of the concepts they've created i've not liked as much as the Murcielago, or indeed the Gallardo.

The last standard LP 640 to enter the UK was... 2008 I think. Obviously there have been SV's since then. It's a shame but I felt that when production of the Diablo ceased, but soon fell in love with the Murcielago and I'm hopeful the same will happen again.

I don't regard the Murcielago better than the Diablo and to be honest I was never really fond of it's smoothness and I hate the fact they never made a RWD version but all the same the LP640 and SV definitely made the Bat something special, so like many others I salute it and look forward to it's successor.

It was truly a worthy addition to the Lamborghini stable.

Aww, so sad news :( I love murcielago, have loved it ever since the production began and will love it forever. I doubt the next one will be as special for me as murcielago was (altough I love Diablo too (the car, not Diablo Diablo (altough he's awesome (but still I don't love him (in a gay way))))). We'll see when it gets to production...the concepts so far aren't too pretty...:(

I don't regard the Murcielago better than the Diablo and to be honest I was never really fond of it's smoothness and I hate the fact they never made a RWD version but all the same the LP640 and SV definitely made the Bat something special, so like many others I salute it and look forward to it's successor.

It was truly a worthy addition to the Lamborghini stable.

Quoted for absolute truth. Couldn't said it better. :thumbsup:

As soon as I opened this thread I thought "this so better have not been bought by an Arab" :p

This is unfortunate news and I do hope very much that Lamborghini continue their tradition with an amazing array of fantastic looking cars. The Murcielago was awesome and I honestly cannot wait until the next one comes out :)

The Murcielago was a proper car, it's always had a special place in my mind, nothing beats the sound of that beastly exhaust!

And that is why it's gonna be remembered!

There are many times where i can remember killing those boring times at school, just looking at photos of the beautiful yellow Murcielago!

There is times where i have been drawing my own.

Also those good times where i was just cruising in one at NFS MW(because that was the only game i had that included that car)

Fantastic piece of machinery that will stick in my memory for long time!!:)

All those new Lambo's are all Reventon-y... I don't really like it.

Aww, so sad news :( I love murcielago, have loved it ever since the production began and will love it forever. I doubt the next one will be as special for me as murcielago was (altough I love Diablo too (the car, not Diablo Diablo (altough he's awesome (but still I don't love him (in a gay way))))). We'll see when it gets to production...the concepts so far aren't too pretty...:(

OMG I died ! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...