We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Shift 2: Unleashed

hpluls

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was gonna give the new one a go, but carbon put me off and ive not played one since except i beta tested the online version for around 20 mins before un-installed, with tdu2 coming next month im not that bothered about them at all anymore

You know that scene in "Minority Report" where Tom Cruise has the bandage over his eyes and tries to get stuff to eat, but just barely misses the decent food and drinks from the bad milk and the rotten sandwich? That's the equivalent of you. I'm sorry that you missed EA's few decent titles - Shift was good, but as Ryzza said:

Shift wasn't too bad for me - just the selection of tracks got boring fast.

Add the repetitive game modes, too.

-Leadfoot

I guess they're just going to take advantage of their new licenses from Porsche and BMW. I hated Shift's physics, and what happened to the good ol' Underground series?!

The Undergrounds were fun at the time, but like the neons, they became boring and uncool :rolleyes:

Didn't we miss out on the extra track (and cars that went with it) as well? Shift was the beginning of the 'ignore PC players' saga I thought.

Yea, the Exotic Racing series. The Ferrari pack was 360 exclusive so it wasn't only PC players who missed out on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Though I'd post this, but engine sawps and JDM rims are in!

A 2JZ in an AE86 anyone? or the Lexus's LF-A V10 in a Supra? and with added turbos if you want.....

Also, RS Watanabes and a whole set of SSR's!

we can also drifting, down a particular mountain race track in Australia.

More info on Speedhunters.com

Also i read somehwere(I cant rember where, but i'll look around again) that Shift 2 has the rights to the FIA GT1(Thats why the SUMO Power GTR's been showen around alot) and the FIA GT3(Just so happens that 'Team NFS' has there Z4 running in that).

Dunno if anyones said about that here!

I haddent been on the official site, nice for the heads yup on the car and track list!

Some brands that they havent showen but are in Are Alfa(The new Gulitta is a limited edtion car), Nissan( S15 Silvia, LE) and Mazda(Sure that they have a RX7 FC with a Widebody kit on a few shots)

But 145 cars! I'm hoping that have a mix of current cars and past legends! With Speedhunters now playing a slight part in it(The reason why JDM rims and Engine swaps are in is due to Rod Chong beeing 'NFS Special Projects Creative Director' but also was head of Speedhunters.

so maybe S13 slivias, Older Skylines(R30's?) older Civic's(EK9) and maybe an MR2!(AW11 or a SW20, but AW11 FTW:cheeky:)

Hi people,

I'm planning on getting it on PS3. Any news about preorders (limited edition) for us europeans ??

I really wanna drive the Giulietta and Murcielago...

Amazon.com preorder is about 100$ for delivery fee + misc. taxes :confused:

Not sure about that, I'm going to see about that!

Also new pic's and cars on Speedhunters...

From what i see, lotus Exige, Lancia Delta HF and What looks like a E30 M3(in the same pic), Priginal Viper and the Honda/Acura NSX!

the Artical it's self is about the phisyscs! in short It says how in the first game they tryed to blend Simulater with arcade and it was a bit meh, but now SMS have been given freedom to do there stuff! And considering they helped to make GTR, GTR2 and the expansions....I'm keeping an eye out!

Also on a side note, I think some cars may be able to be had in RHD & LHD! Second Pic has an AE86 with LHD, yet another pic on the same artical has the AE86 in RHD! but the 86 in the later pic is based on an actual 'Team Car' Hopefully there will be a choice, or even swaps? But If its a case of pick when you buy i can live with it!9and you could only pick if the car was sold in both)

But as I said It's just a Guess and hoping!

Heres the Speedhunters Artical

The only reason I'd preorder it are for the extra 40 challenges. I was thinking of getting it on PS3 for more chances of DLC but it turns out all my friends are getting it on PC - so that sorts that out. Will check Ebay for cheap preorders later.