We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Day and Night Cycle (joke?)

iLLGT3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;379424']Good idea, but that would throw a ratchet in their weather predictions and matching-ToD-for-all-players systems.

-Leadfoot

Plus the fact when you joined anyone online in BP your weather quickly changed to the same as the host's weather/ToD. I don't think Eden want to promote offline play so I doubt they'll add appealing offline-only features.

You guys do have a point, but they could also have a 'weather setting' as well. Ok it would be annoying to be jumping between time of day and weather, but for public survers they could be random weather/time of day, and For privat lobbys could be set according to what the host picks!

It could work, and personally it would please more people. Also When i think of my dream drive, I think of A nice sunny day, when skies are blue and fields are green! Not beeing stuck with rain...if i want to do that I can go outside for real for hevens sake!:rolleyes:

;379706']Maybe they'll change it if they hear our complaints.

Optimism is futile. If that was to be the case settling down wouldn't be the solution. Look at all the people who protest their point in an orderly and mature fashion... yes look at them, over there... ignored. I'd like to see people being noisier, however this site probably isn't the place to do it.

The fail just gets stronger... I must now phone all the people I told to buy this game and warn them that it it will not live up to the promises. That, or I have to leave town for my life. It's been a nice ride.

This. I have told like my every friend to buy this and they'll hang me if things won't get better.

Optimism is futile. If that was to be the case settling down wouldn't be the solution. Look at all the people who protest their point in an orderly and mature fashion... yes look at them, over there... ignored. I'd like to see people being noisier, however this site probably isn't the place to do it.

You missed my sarcastic "Oh, wait... :rolleyes: " because this is, after all, Atari we're talking about.

-Leadfoot

I'm going to be honest, 24mins doesn't make it too realistic but it seems like a minor thing compared to large issues that the game still has (handling and cars for instance).

There are 2 vids vimeo, one of the driving school and one with and RS6 avant (both from a beta that is more advanced than the current one that is available to testers) and believe me, the handling looks horrid...

Perhaps this is done for the preview build so that those playing can experience the full cycles as you know what some reviewers are like, 1-2 hours and they're done. You do get some decent ones sure but they are usually the minority.

As for the handling without knowing what control system they were using and also any tweaks to the settings it's hard to gauge how crap or horrid the handling is from vids. I can't see this game being screwed up in the core areas but then hey these things happen and whoever makes the decision for it needs kicked in the shins repeatedly if it turns out to be the case.

It won't annoy you that it will take nearly 2 in game days to drive across O'ahu?

Maybe a bit. But nowhere near enough to ruin the entire game for me. I see it as more of a subject for a "1000 things you learned from TDU2" thread than a reason to refuse to buy the game and unleash my rage on internet forums. But maybe I'm just weird like that...

Maybe a bit. But nowhere near enough to ruin the entire game for me. I see it as more of a subject for a "1000 things you learned from TDU2" thread than a reason to refuse to buy the game and unleash my rage on internet forums. But maybe I'm just weird like that...

It won't ruin it but 24 minutes is a bit too short.

Great news!!!

GMDestra on the official forums did reply:

Hey Everyone,

I'm pretty sure that 24 minute day/night cycle reference is a mis-translation as some users have estimated. I have the release version of TDU2 at home and I just ran a test to determine the specifics:

1 minute in TDU2 is 6 real life seconds

60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, 1440 minutes in a day

1440 TDU2 minutes x 6 real life seconds = 8640 real life seconds in a TDU2 day = 144 real life minutes in a TDU2 day = 2 real life hours and 24 real life minutes in 1 TDU2 day

GMDestra - Community Team Lead

Test Drive Unlimited 2 is currently in development. Due to this, any information communicated in forum posts by Atari staff is subject to change. Please keep this in mind!

Twitter