We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car insurance shake-up in the UK has meant that insurance for me on a BMW 330D has halved since I ran the quote last week.

However, insurance for my car hasn't dropped much and quotes for me on a Fabia vRS are similar. At least it's all going the right way.

Well under £1000 for the 330D and Fabia, under £500 for the 306.

Thanks for the Christmas present insurance companies.

Insurance going up is a good thing? :hmmm:

Glad you had a good day at work though, nothing worse than dealing with jerks and having to be polite about it.

Nah, I paid mine 2 weeks ago. So it's good that I got it before it went up.

They can be jerks all they want, all we have to do is put our thumbs over the mics and it blocks all noise so we can rip them to shreds. :lol:

It is nice when you get a decent person ringing up who you can have a conversation with while waiting for stuff. I tend to get them in big lumps, I'll have a day of low severity calls and nice people and then I'll have a day of high severity calls and idiots.

Well it was yesterday, but I got to see a lot of my family and Christmas dinner was awesome and I've still got a week left to do absolutely nothing.. apart from getting to see some of my friends tomorrow for our pub-catchup.

Might be going to look at a 330D some time over the weekend as well, although it's not for me, it's for my step-dad. At least it'll give me a chance to have a good look around one without feeling under any pressure. He's going for a touring, I'd be looking at a saloon or coupe, but finding a decent mileage coupe with manual transmission isn't as easy as I thought.

Step-dad put a deposit down on a BMW 330D M-Sport touring yesterday. Car's got full BMW service history which they didn't mention in the advert which was a nice surprise. Needs a bit of a clean up to get it up to my standards, but I don't know if it would be worth doing as the MK3 Golf he's got at the moment is basically a bin, so I'd be surprised if the BMW isn't like it after a week.

Engine seems healthy and suspension is quiet, don't know how long that will last. No rust on the wheel arches, 4 matching Michelin Pilot Sport 3's. First job is to remove the swirl flaps.

Just means that the poor old Golf has to go now. Won't be scrapped, but we won't see 200,000 miles in it like we wanted to. It'll be the first time in many years when there isn't a Golf GTI owned by at least one member of my family so that's an end of an era really.

Why don't you take the Golf off his hands? What generation is it?

He has offered me it and I said I would if I could, but I've got no-where to keep it. There are already four cars at my house and three at my mums house (four including the BMW). I'd probably have it as a project and bring it back to a really good condition standard car, although I'd probably replace the 8v engine with a 16v engine from another car. I'd ideally need a garage to keep it in while I fix it up, but there's no room in the garage at my house.

It may only be a MK3, but I'm a sentimental person and I'd love to keep it purely for sentimental reasons.

• 2 weeks later...