We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Geneva Motorshow 2011

Who

So how many of these strikingly similar Celica/Supra concepts are Toyota going to show us before they get on and, you know, build one?

Alfa is tres cool, but lose the tacky flag mirrors. The Gumpert doesn't do anything for me tbh. Saab is still a Saab, that problem cannot be solved through design.

The Alfa and Saab are fantastic! Too bad Saab said it won't go in production, it would really boost sales with the right specs. The Toyota, well it doesn't look bad but I'm definitely not excited to see one in real.

The Gumpert is wayyyy too boring. I don't know what's going on today but just like the MP4-12C it's ''just another car'' in its class, and not as different from the rest as the F1 and the Apollo were. The design really has nothing that really makes the car stand out from the rest as the Apollo did. It looks boring, very ''friendly'' too. Too bad, a new Gumpert sounded to me like a new roadmonster, but getting that external studio involved has not been the correct thing to do imo.

The Gumpert... can't they make something that won't set fire to your eyes? The FT86 looks great, too bad they don't seem to want to actually make it... Personally I'm most excited about the Saab, partly because I think it looks epic and partly because I'd like to see them survive the problems they've had lately and it certainly wouldn't hurt if some of the design from the PhoeniX made it to some production car in the future.

I can defiantly see some Spyker design in that new Saab, I like it. No pics of the Agera R? That is one HOT car.

I saw the roofline similarities between that and the Peking-to-Paris, but I suspect it'll be the last (or one of the last) tie with Spyker. They're selling the supercar division. :(

-Leadfoot

I'm loving the FT86 II, but the LED's are becoming a cliché, ever since Audi started using them.

Am I alone in thinking the Alfa looks like an Elise with a bit of Solstice?

Nope! :)

...I'd like to see them survive the problems they've had lately and it certainly wouldn't hurt if some of the design from the PhoeniX made it to some production car in the future.

:agreed:

I wondered how long it would be before someone ruined this gorgeous car. :rolleyes:

What's to ruin?:cheeky:

I must agree, the Mansory job is even worse. Truly hideous.

Dunno what came over Gumpert with this new car. The Apollo was never beautiful as such, but it did look great in a kind of mad way.