We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase

iLLGT3

Cost me a fortune and the wait was painful but now when I have been driving with it for a few hours, I think it was worth it :D

Nice to see you went for fanatec, its great :-)

clubsport pedals for you?

the standard pedals are..uhm not very reliable, but if you have trouble fanatec will instantly swap them for you.

Nice to see you went for fanatec, its great :-)

clubsport pedals for you?

the standard pedals are..uhm not very reliable, but if you have trouble fanatec will instantly swap them for you.

Nah dude, I don't swim in money :( The standard pedals are good enough for me ;)

Nah dude, I don't swim in money :( The standard pedals are good enough for me ;)

i dont swim in money either :P

Il tell you how i got my GT3 RS v2 and the clubsports, i was a bit lucky but i also gave them a lot of feedback.

I bought a 911 carrera with standard pedals and h shifter for xmas, cost 160€ around plus 20€ of shipping.

I had trouble with the carrera ( which is minor trouble it takes like 5 seconds to power up but works ) and fanatec offered to send me a new carrera, or for 50€ more euro, they would give me the GT3 RS v2 and i would get to keep the carrera. Ok, then standard pedal problems ( the wheel problem was bad luck, they are great, its just the standard pedals which are crappy ), potentiometers getting out of place and innacurate, i had a replacement set, same problem, had a replacement set which was a "testing unit they were making", from the first nest of permanent fixed standard pedals, i ended up gettin the problem but it lasted a long while, they thanked me a lot for the feedback and sent me Clubsport pedals :)

My birthday present (iPod classic, not nano). Thanks family.

I don't think I could live without my iPod Classic. It goes pretty much everywhere with me :P

I thought it had broken last week because the sound through my earphones kept dropping out in one ear-piece then the other. After a bit more investigation it turns out it was my earphones that were on their way out (wire must be split or something because if you move it slightly the sound will drop out in one ear-piece) which I'm much more happy about. I only ever take my iPod out of it's case to clean it so it's pretty well looked after and never knocked about so it shouldn't die on me yet (2 years old).

Following on from my last post in here I bought some new earphones. Sennheiser CX400 IIs, I loved my CX300s but I didn't think the CX300 IIs were enough of an upgrade so I went for some CX400s this time. They come with a nifty volume controller and the cables to each ear-piece are of equal length so that won't annoy me now. I tied the cables on my CX300s up with a cable tidy because I didn't want to put the longer cable around my neck like it's meant to be :p

Haven't tried them out yet because I've finished work for the week and won't need them until Monday morning but at least they're here.

6012506494_65f82ed133_o.jpg

CX400-II Precision by GTAMADDOG, on Flickr

I've got the one with the annoying different-length cables - I still don't put it behind my neck though. I can usually tuck it inside my suit jacket on the train.

That was the thing with me though is that I only used them on the bus because I liked to be able to hear traffic coming when I was crossing roads instead of looking most of the time, so I just got the iPod out and put the earphones in once I was on the bus. Then the stupid longer cable would keep hitting my chin or my face because it would never straighten out properly. Pikey cable tidy bodge fix and it was job done for me :p

I like the Bang & Olufsen earphones (really good quality) I have, but the only problem with them is that I can't really listen to music too loudly because they emit so much noise into the space around me, which usually ends up with me being told to turn my music down so it's got to be these in-ear jobbies for me.

What's the point in listening to Rock and Metal if it isn't loud.. :p

I had a pair of CX-400 IIs a while ago, the sound quality is great but I found them to be wayyyyy too fragile for my liking. I don't take my earphones through a warzone or anything but I don't think I should have to take so much care when wrapping them up putting them down on a side. They broke way too easily and I didn't even put them through too much. I'm now on my fourth pair of £9.99 Skullcandy in-ear Buds, a third of the cost of a pair of CX-400 IIs. Not as good sound quality but I don't feel like I have to treat them like some fragile ornament.

The volume control comes in handy, but one of the problems I had with them was the going into the control thing coming loose. I might try out some cheap JVC in-ear buds next, they look hard wearing. If anyone else can recommend some really hard-wearing in-ear earphones it'd be very much appreciated.

I had a pair of CX-400 IIs a while ago, the sound quality is great but I found them to be wayyyyy too fragile for my liking. I don't take my earphones through a warzone or anything but I don't think I should have to take so much care when wrapping them up putting them down on a side. They broke way too easily and I didn't even put them through too much. I'm now on my fourth pair of £9.99 Skullcandy in-ear Buds, a third of the cost of a pair of CX-400 IIs. Not as good sound quality but I don't feel like I have to treat them like some fragile ornament.

Yeh, I read about them being fragile but I also read about the CX300s I have being fragile and mine lasted a few years of being stuffed in the front pocket of a bag which I threw around like there was nothing at all important in it so I was more than happy with them. I'll see how the CX400s go anyway, they were £30+ on Play.com but about £15 on Amazon, I don't know what Play.com is doing at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...