We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Thought/Opinions on FM4? Post them here.

gingervette

Here are my thoughts:

-The physics are better, if only slightly. Not as arcade I suppose, I like them.

-The A.I. have no earthly idea that you exist, so be forewarned. They will hit you. Hard.

-The photo mode is better, I think. I am no expert on the matter. But I hate having to upload my photos to another server. My crappy internet never connects, so I quit trying.

-Car sounds seem to be better as well. I quite like the noise the SLS makes. I am also amused by the lack of noise my Volt makes, forcing me to watch the RPM gauge the entire time I drive so I know when to shift.

-Making money is hilariously easy. So easy that there is no reason to cheat for money this time around. I actually don't think they could have made it any easier, save for handing you money every time you turn on the game. Oh wait, they do.

-If making money wasn't easy enough, if you drive a car few times, you eventually get the performance upgrades for free, giving you no reason to spend the hilarious amounts of money you have acquired.

-You can turn the class restrictions off, which makes for a lolafiric time. Just grab a fast car, enter an F class race with the A.I. difficulty set to "professional", and watch the credits roll in.

-The auction house is a wonderful place to make money. I don't want most of the cars they offer me for leveling up, so I always put them up for auction. For some bizarre reason, other players consistently bid my vehicles to prices that are higher than their in-game value. I'm not complaining, simply confused.

-Cars are even easy to get. Almost any car a person could desire care given to you at some point, giving you even less of a reason to spend your hilarious amounts of money. Zonda Cinque? Given to you. McLaren F1? Given to you. Bugati Veyron Super Sports? Given to you. The list goes on.

Overall, I would say the game is more fun than FM3, but we will see how long that lasts.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much same as Micheal.

I don't like how they they put in tons of car's that nobody care's about like a VW Fox who cares, but they left out Gallardo LP-560 (maybe because I don't have LCE) or really anything exicting that we wanted. We keep asking for cars, and they keep giving us the exact oppisite of what we want. Only complaint.

Oh, and drifting is alot harder in this one.

Pretty much same as Micheal.

I don't like how they they put in tons of car's that nobody care's about like a VW Fox who cares, but they left out Gallardo LP-560 (maybe because I don't have LCE) or really anything exicting that we wanted. We keep asking for cars, and they keep giving us the exact oppisite of what we want. Only complaint.

Oh, and drifting is alot harder in this one.

I disagree completely, they filled out the car list and adjusted the PI perfectly. The 560 is a unicorn car now - you should read the list of them. Vette has it all right - FM4 has it's issues, all games do... But overall this is certainly the best racing game I've ever played - and I can say that very easily and with MUCH confidence.

AND ME!! :) I just converted it to AWD as I thought rear wheel drive/mid-engine might be a bit of a hand full!

well i left it completely stock and the RWD isnt that much of a problem, and my first drive was over Fujimi Kaido.

i did a complete clean lap too.

it makes a nice drifter though

It's still too easy. Sometimes it's difficult to make it to the front of the pack even though you're seconds per lap faster than the AI but once I get there I drop them like they're not even trying.

And they are overly aggressive. I've had countless races where they're just took a b-line for the side of my car for no reason before we even make it to the first corner, or try and take you on the inside of the corner using you as a makeshift wall.

Although one amusing thing is the fact that the game can't handle Pro AI in top-end R1 cars on the Sedona oval. They all go completely crazy. Some end up driving around the edge of the corners with all 4 wheels on the walls and others somehow end up stuck upside down. But the best part is when one of them is going to lap a slower/damaged car, they just either veer off straight into the wall or get a tankslapper and spin out. :lol:

But other than that I think it's a brilliant game. :)

It's still too easy. Sometimes it's difficult to make it to the front of the pack even though you're seconds per lap faster than the AI but once I get there I drop them like they're not even trying.

And they are overly aggressive. I've had countless races where they're just took a b-line for the side of my car for no reason before we even make it to the first corner, or try and take you on the inside of the corner using you as a makeshift wall.

Although one amusing thing is the fact that the game can't handle Pro AI in top-end R1 cars on the Sedona oval. They all go completely crazy. Some end up driving around the edge of the corners with all 4 wheels on the walls and others somehow end up stuck upside down. But the best part is when one of them is going to lap a slower/damaged car, they just either veer off straight into the wall or get a tankslapper and spin out. :lol:

But other than that I think it's a brilliant game. :)

a 100% agreed

Here are my thoughts:

-The physics are better, if only slightly. Not as arcade I suppose, I like them.

-The A.I. have no earthly idea that you exist, so be forewarned. They will hit you. Hard.

-The photo mode is better, I think. I am no expert on the matter. But I hate having to upload my photos to another server. My crappy internet never connects, so I quit trying.

-Car sounds seem to be better as well. I quite like the noise the SLS makes. I am also amused by the lack of noise my Volt makes, forcing me to watch the RPM gauge the entire time I drive so I know when to shift.

-Making money is hilariously easy. So easy that there is no reason to cheat for money this time around. I actually don't think they could have made it any easier, save for handing you money every time you turn on the game. Oh wait, they do.

-If making money wasn't easy enough, if you drive a car few times, you eventually get the performance upgrades for free, giving you no reason to spend the hilarious amounts of money you have acquired.

-You can turn the class restrictions off, which makes for a lolafiric time. Just grab a fast car, enter an F class race with the A.I. difficulty set to "professional", and watch the credits roll in.

-The auction house is a wonderful place to make money. I don't want most of the cars they offer me for leveling up, so I always put them up for auction. For some bizarre reason, other players consistently bid my vehicles to prices that are higher than their in-game value. I'm not complaining, simply confused.

-Cars are even easy to get. Almost any car a person could desire care given to you at some point, giving you even less of a reason to spend your hilarious amounts of money. Zonda Cinque? Given to you. McLaren F1? Given to you. Bugati Veyron Super Sports? Given to you. The list goes on.

Overall, I would say the game is more fun than FM3, but we will see how long that lasts.

:lol:

Not hating, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxxF6VFiAgI

I find the physic's much better over 3! I found that on 3 your car would somtimes just go "okay your drifting now!", even if your car had little power, somthing that I just could't get used to thanks to the Great physic's of GT5! F4's physics are much better, can actually drive cars! And have less Aids on(Everything off but manual clutch). So Means I can now enjoy higher powered cars!

Graphics wise, its about the same for me on my TV, looks better than 3's overbrightness/darkness.

Thoughts about when pitted agents GT5? Its about 40/60 in my eyes..why? When it comes to cars, sure Forza has cockpit for all the cars, but I find that I'm not useing half the cars. GT for me has more cars I prefer(Obscure Japanese stuff and Kie cars), also the face no cockpit view dosn't bother me that much.

Not wanting to start a fanboy war...Just stating my personal opinions! I'm a fan of Both the games!

I find the physic's much better over 3! I found that on 3 your car would somtimes just go "okay your drifting now!", even if your car had little power, somthing that I just could't get used to thanks to the Great physic's of GT5! F4's physics are much better, can actually drive cars! And have less Aids on(Everything off but manual clutch). So Means I can now enjoy higher powered cars!

Graphics wise, its about the same for me on my TV, looks better than 3's overbrightness/darkness.

Thoughts about when pitted agents GT5? Its about 40/60 in my eyes..why? When it comes to cars, sure Forza has cockpit for all the cars, but I find that I'm not useing half the cars. GT for me has more cars I prefer(Obscure Japanese stuff and Kie cars), also the face no cockpit view dosn't bother me that much.

Not wanting to start a fanboy war...Just stating my personal opinions! I'm a fan of Both the games!

The brightness/darkness (Contrast) still strong, if i may... look the M5 video.

Your opinion is your opinion, i respect, i also love Kei cars. :lol:

Uh, yep - the clouds, and thats the ONLY thing that is the same. They hired Pixar to do their lighting, and it turned out amazing.

I don't care about who they hired, but you can't deny that Forza 4 is the 3 just tweaked. Trees, clouds, road textures... everything is the same. Sorry, but it is.

It is on the video!

I don't care about who they hired, but you can't deny that Forza 4 is the 3 just tweaked. Trees, clouds, road textures... everything is the same. Sorry, but it is.

It is on the video!

You're downing a game series you have never played - and until you play it, you won't get it. And even WHEN you play it you won't get it because GT5 is just absolutely god to you. This is fine, I respect your opinion, but never, ever say that Forza 4 is exactly like 3 because it isn't even close.

Forza Motorsport 4 is the pinnacle of racing games, and this is the thread to talk about it's strengths and weaknesses, and you have not played it, or Forza 3, or Forza 2, or Forza.

The trees, clouds and road textures are still better than GT5 imo, because all Polyphony cared about was making 200 cars look good. Just my opinion, having a friendly debate here, so no one freak out. :)

You're downing a game series you have never played - and until you play it, you won't get it. And even WHEN you play it you won't get it because GT5 is just absolutely god to you. This is fine, I respect your opinion, but never, ever say that Forza 4 is exactly like 3 because it isn't even close.

Forza Motorsport 4 is the pinnacle of racing games, and this is the thread to talk about it's strengths and weaknesses, and you have not played it, or Forza 3, or Forza 2, or Forza.

The trees, clouds and road textures are still better than GT5 imo, because all Polyphony cared about was making 200 cars look good. Just my opinion, having a friendly debate here, so no one freak out. :)

:lol: Way to overreact. Really nice buddy. (y)

Coolest thumbs up award goes to you.

Edit: Nononono... vegemite looks gross, i don't eat things that looks gross, sorry. :lol:

I did not even mention GT5... I am just pointing out how Forza 4 looks like Forza 3. Watch the damn video, then we talk... ok? Watch, impartially... and look. Ok? You can do that? If is too hard to you accept that fact, i am sorry...

Edit: Well... no, i can't judge, but that is food... But even so i am free to have my opinion and point out facts about it. :lol: