We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA V {DT} - IT'S OUT AND IT'S SOOOOO GOOOD!!

superhyper

I really hope its set in Washington D.C. This type of city is perfect for crime, oops I mean a basis for a game based on crime :p. So many landmarks, government (imagine all the infiltration missions :D). It would cool because you'd be doing bad things in a city where sense and order is strictly enforced. D.C. used to be the crime capital of the world in the late 80s, there is so much Rockstar could do plot and mission wise if The Capital of Capitalism was the setting of the game...

Impatiently waiting for November 2nd...

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting

"Back when GTA IV was being shown to press, Rockstar representatives would stress the importance of the number in the title. As successful as Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas were, they noted, it was the game that preceded them, GTA III that was a paradigm shift. They hoped and believed that GTA IV, by being a numbered game would have and merit some outsized influence of its own. If that is still the company's philosophy, then after Grand Theft Auto IV's un-numbered episodes, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, a numbered GTA V should again merit special attention. Shifting cities was not sufficient cause for a new numbered GTA before. A change to the series' formula, however, one that gives players more than one controllable character, would."

Maybe a hint that it will be a next-gen title?

Just read about the origins of that 5 in the logo. Apparently its straight from an old 5 dollar bill that was used in the US from 1899 to 1964. 60s Grand Theft Auto perhaps? Or 50s even??

United States $5 1899

I don't think they used the same design all that time, I can't find much info about it but from what I can find Chief Onepapa/Running Antelope as he was called was only on that note in 1899. They may have kept that general design with other people for a few years but at least on 1934 bills the V logo was gone. Dunno when it was removed or if it was ever used again after that :confused: I'll quote someone else on this who I think put it brilliantly:

Well there's not much chance of a Grand Theft Auto game set in that era' date=' there are virtually no cars, organised crime is limited, and it would just be a Red Dead game.[/quote']

We gotta wait until Max Payne comes out first though. :(

I disagree, the two games are made by two different branches of Rockstar - What we know for certain is:

1. They've been working on this game for at LEAST a year. (more likely 2 or more)

2. They've made hints at it being in San Andreas OR Vice City. (I think a new city won't happen)

3: As pointed out earlier it's GTA V - Not GTA: SA 2. So there is a massive improvement in this game to earn it a numerical title. This could be playing multiple characters - or it could mean it will debut on the next-gen consoles. (I find next-gen consoles impossible to imagine, as the Xbox 720 won't be unveiled until 2013 - and sold around 2014, and that's a LONG time to wait considering the trailer is out in 7 days.)

Enjoy reading more speculation about where it will take place - it seems Washington D.C is really popular! I might be wrong about the new city thing...

Click here.

Always hate the run up to the release of a GTA game. I always have endless nights of dreaming that I've got it a couple of weeks/months early and that I'm playing it (brain randomly generates how the game plays and everything) then I wake up and have an instant sad-face because I realise it was all a dream.

Yeh, I'm sad :p