We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Show us your driving videos

Camel

Speeding up was mostly about matching the music (techno-y bits), and I added game footage as a point of difference (and because I don't have a great selection of footage to choose from). Thanks for those insights, noted for next time.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i will be honest and say that i don't really know the regulations of the video, you posted the video but i couldn't get it very clear.

So, i will start asking if you have time to change it, or even record some more footage, if not, then ignore it all and goes with what you already has, which is good. Just too common and obvious i'd say.

I mean, you have used the same song he did on his, you really followed his idea, but without the same amount of footage. If i noticed correctly, the video is to show the fun and the thrills of riding a bike to you. It's your video. You can use the song you feel like for it. Plus, the video doesn't need to be 4 minutes long, as it doesn't have to be as long as the music.

What i am trying to tell you is, try to find out what you like so much in riding a bike, is the the bike community? Are the twisty roads where you lean the bike while cornering?

Other thing, but that is more technical about the video, which also would require more footage, you have always the same angle for the camera. I don't know what equipament you use to hold it, but would very interesting if you can get different angles on camera, even if you record some of them on your street. Careful with transitions and effects... even the video you used as an example carries too much on this... imagine that your video is a message, and the message, which is the fun of riding a bike, must be very clear.

And to finish, i'd remove the game part. Again, if you want something to be different, try to focus more on feelings, and sensations. And yes, i know it's not simple.

An example, for the ending, you can just use a footage of your bike, in the sunset, even better if you can only see the silhouette of the bike, and it doesn't have to be moving... and this small footage fades to black, slowly.

I appreciate that detailed response Milli, as it basically confirms my approach. :) I do need to use the music provided (that's the basis of the comp), and the main judgement is based on the editing, not so much the content or story being told. I'm entering only for the fun of it, using what I already possess, not going out to create new content for it (otherwise I wouldn't have bothered). Adding gaming scenes saved me a lot of time, and creates a point of difference. I've watched numerous other entries and do not want to stick to the same formula there. It's about being true to me, and if I don't win the grand prize of a t-shirt, then :wdd: :lol: But again, thanks for the feedback!

[spoiler=Got a response]Wow mate - awesome entry!! I'm so sorry, I've been watching my feed for this and it didn't appear - finally went looking and it is brilliant. Love what you did to the music (you took a risk there, lol, but it works so well) and great idea putting in the game footage. Top job buddy, thank you for taking the time to enter :)

Slow shifting, too much time with the clutch. :lol: But nice sound.

I appreciate that detailed response Milli, as it basically confirms my approach. :) I do need to use the music provided (that's the basis of the comp), and the main judgement is based on the editing, not so much the content or story being told. I'm entering only for the fun of it, using what I already possess, not going out to create new content for it (otherwise I wouldn't have bothered). Adding gaming scenes saved me a lot of time, and creates a point of difference. I've watched numerous other entries and do not want to stick to the same formula there. It's about being true to me, and if I don't win the grand prize of a t-shirt, then :wdd: :lol: But again, thanks for the feedback!

[spoiler=Got a response]Wow mate - awesome entry!! I'm so sorry, I've been watching my feed for this and it didn't appear - finally went looking and it is brilliant. Love what you did to the music (you took a risk there, lol, but it works so well) and great idea putting in the game footage. Top job buddy, thank you for taking the time to enter :)

Hmmm... it doesn't say you need to use the whole song though. :lol: And i don't know... it's not about a story, it's a misconception think that because a video pass a message that it has a story... and by message it could be anything, beyond words. As i said, the message could be just a good feeling after watch a video, a sensation...

This video for example:

It doesn't tell a history, but it has a message, at least a message that i understand, some may not understand same way as i do, and i think that is what makes a video cool... but maybe that's just my point of view about doing things... i don't like to make what everyone else is making, more of the same is not my thing. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest MrLolololXD

Went to the drags last night, this was the best run I recorded. 15.335 @ 93.14 mph (149.89 kmh). Need to work on my launches...

Then chucked my GoPro on the back of my car as I was leaving to grab a quick clip of my new exhaust

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought a Mobius v3 (standard lens) to use as a dashcam. Took it for a quick spin down the bypass earlier, no hooning involved because the BMW is recovering from a stuck brake calliper and the brakes still aren't right at the moment. Need to get a CPL filter or adjust the lens to remove the reflections as well. Also need to find a proper decent setting to render any possible videos as well.

Went for the adheisive mount which sticks to the windscreen incredible well - chose the adheisive mount because I get the impression it'll be less obvious than a suction mount. Taken it out for now because the BMW is off for new diff seals and fluid, rear suspension bushes and a guibo joint soon, but I'll get it wired up properly afterwards.

Part 1 of my footage from the Moto GP weekend. Hope you find it interesting!

And if you're interested, you can play Spot the Ryzza! here:

Watch from the 4m mark, where you should notice those two small bikes that I was next to earlier. I'm not too far behind.

• 2 weeks later...