We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Show us your driving videos

Camel

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the last-gen HD Hero when it was new off eBay for about $320. They come in different packs - get the Motorsport one so that you get the car suction mount (sticks to windows or body panels (if you trust it). They released a new model recently, but the old one is still good (just a couple less features). I spent a bit more getting the extra battery pack and a 32GB high speed SD card (don't get a cheapy otherwise it won't be fast enough to write the HD video files when recording - I think it has to be 4MBps or greater, mine is Class 10 so that files copy to my PC quicker.

Also plenty of TV shows use the Go Pro - I've seen them on Mythbusters, TopGear, Bear Grills grills bears, etc :)

Well at least you'll impress Baldy (btw waiting for him to upload his Mazda 2 driving vids) with the sky. ;)

I'm more impressed with how your camera (phone with sticky tape) survives the cobblestone bumps. :)

Were you driving somewhere or just going for a drive? And of course, I've already responded to that last bit of the film when I saw it yesterday.

;452679']Look for deals on the old models. A "$300" GoPro new is realistically going to cost $500 with the stuff you'll need. I got mine (HERO 1) for $130, with mounts. :)

-Leadfoot

I guess you're right, I just found out that shipping to Finland would cost an extra $90 so I guess I'll just keep entering the daily giveaway :lol:

I'm trying to work out where LF got the $500 figure from. Sure you could theoretically spend that much on GoPro accessories + the camera, but you definitely don't need them to get going.

If you've got a decent smartphone camera you could look for a car mount that doesn't block the video camera.

I'm trying to work out where LF got the $500 figure from. Sure you could theoretically spend that much on GoPro accessories + the camera, but you definitely don't need them to get going.

If you've got a decent smartphone camera you could look for a car mount that doesn't block the video camera.

iPhone 3GS, the recording quality is far from good :lol:

I talked to my mom and she said that she could pay some of it if I start getting better grades at school.

challenge.jpg&sa=X&ei=UnsRT4XDM42f-QagvIXlAg&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHZxKigFFG7OOdhdR1-vGMf2F3EAw

Well at least you'll impress Baldy (btw waiting for him to upload his Mazda 2 driving vids) with the sky. ;)

I'm more impressed with how your camera (phone with sticky tape) survives the cobblestone bumps. :)

Were you driving somewhere or just going for a drive? And of course, I've already responded to that last bit of the film when I saw it yesterday.

:lol: Because i did a very well job. Lol

I wanted to hear the car sound @ Milli :P :(

Or did you include music....because....Fiat was making burnin sounds :p :lol: :run:

If you watch untill the end, thing that you clearly didn't, you will listen the Punto goes 0-6000rpm at leaving the toolboth. I removed the sound because the car is already silent, but yet, it is a 1.4, so it keeps at 3500 rpm going at 120km/h, listen that all the time is boring.

I drive it like i st0le it!

well my brother let me race his stock 240SX (5 speed, 4 cylinder) only thing that isnt stock is the clutch. not onboard, didnt have a mount but a buddy got a few of the videos.

hehe, i dont even have my permit :P

needs some serious suspension work before power upgrades

thats an instructor in the white helmet.

I'll have to see about doing a video once I get the MR fixed up!

I do alot of my fun driving on my own, early in the morning or late at night and don't have a camera I could mount, and my phone is 5 years old!

I believe I may have a vid of my driving the 75, but it's of me and not the road(may be able to makout the nice view as I'm driving):cheeky:

Thanks for sharing. If it wasn't for the music I would've thought it was James May driving (i.e. letting that van go in front). With the field of view (mount the phone sideways next time) I thought you were going to crash into more than a few little obstacles :p

Once thing I've noticed with these UK driving videos is that you never seem to get anywhere fast; instead you just drive through these little tiny maze-like roads. It seems that there are a lot more main roads here where the traffic moves faster and there's less faffing about with turning at intersections.

Thanks for sharing. If it wasn't for the music I would've thought it was James May driving (i.e. letting that van go in front). With the field of view (mount the phone sideways next time) I thought you were going to crash into more than a few little obstacles :p

Once thing I've noticed with these UK driving videos is that you never seem to get anywhere fast; instead you just drive through these little tiny maze-like roads. It seems that there are a lot more main roads here where the traffic moves faster and there's less faffing about with turning at intersections.

I'm not this crazy driver everyone seems to think I am, I do have my speedy moments though on the open roads. And yeah I'll be mounting the phone sideways for the next video, iPhone confuses me with which way is the best for taking pics and vids as they show up either way on the phone but not pc.

And yes the British roads are built like a maze, but once you get out into the open they are quite wide and fast (around here anyway) I'll make another vid today of my commute to work which is big wide open roads.

He probably nearly took his mirrors off several times in the making of that video. :cheeky:

I recorded 2 today, but I left my phone cable at the other house. So when I've uploaded them to YT from my phone they will be here! May take about a year though.

I wasn't speeding much at 4:40, I was almost within the 10%+2 limit! That road is so fun, shame it's not very long when you go a bit quick. :(

E: Added vid

I never assumed you were a crazy fast driver Baldy - after all you drive a little Mazda 2 :lol: (jk)

Would be cool to see you go for a spin on some twisty B roads that have a nice high speed limit Mellors. And you have a 10% + 2 speeding buffer? :eek: Here it's about 3 or 3 kph regardless. Only on roads where the speed limit is 100kph or more doe it switch to 3%.

Then again you guys are in MPH, so that makes the buffer even bigger.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.