We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2012 Season!

Camel

Grosjean made an amateur mistake forcing hamiltion in dangerous unavoidable situation in a dangerous corner putting all drivers at risk.

I read somewhere he has been suspended from one race and was fined 50,000 euros (I shall try to find the source)

Edit:

Romain Grosjean has been given a one-race ban for causing the first-corner crash at the Belgian Grand Prix.

The 26-year-old Frenchman, who has been involved in seven first-lap crashes in 12 races this season, was also fined 50,000 euros (£40,000).

BBC Sport - Belgian Grand Prix crash: Romain Grosjean banned for one race

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great race bar the first corner.

I don't like Alonso when he's in the car but I don't want to see him nearly lose his head. :eek: And it's about time something has been done about Romain, I read somewhere that he's been involved in 7 first corner incidents in his last 12 races. I know they're not all his fault, but still... Should've been more than a £40,000 fine too imo.

Frustrating race from my perspective. My guy was out at turn 1, yes I'm talking about Lewis which makes me a Hamilton supporter. I'm glad that Alonso is okay after what was a hefty smash. And the right drivers got punished. That was 100% Grosjean to blame for that. Meanwhile, major congrats to JB as that has been a long time coming. Oh well, as they say, onwards and upwards to Monza where I hope McLaren will beat Ferrari on home territory with a 1-2, as they (and Red Bull) beat them at Silverstone.

Shocking crash at T1, even though I'm not a massive fan of Alonso my heart stopped when he didn't move at first. A ban for Grosjean was a bit harsh when most of his accidents are caused by inexperience rather than, say, too agressive driving (*coughmaldonadocough*) but hopefully he'll learn from that. Seb did amazing (I've heard people say he can't overtake..), would have loved seeing Kimi cross the line first but the problems with the softer compound made that impossible. Not a massive fan of Button either but a great drive from him nevertheless, could have definitely been worse with, for example, the other Mclaren winning :cheeky:

Could have definitely been worse with, for example, the other Mclaren winning :cheeky:

:hi5: :cheeky: :D

Romain Grosjean has apologised and vowed to learn after causing a frightening first-corner smash in the Belgian Grand Prix for which he was hammered by the stewards.

Grosjean appeared shellshocked as he spoke, but was honest in admitting to his faults as he said: "I accept my mistake. I misjudged the gap with Lewis. I thought I was in front of him. It was a small mistake, but a big incident. I'm very sorry, and I'm just glad nobody is hurt. That's the main thing."

:mhmm:

As ever the penalties are never consistent. But I guess that's what happens when the FIA are dealing with a compatriot (or Ferrari)

Other drivers would have been given much harsher consequences for such a basic and ignorant error, that took out innocents.

Hopefully Grosjean will learn.

Such a shame for it to start that way because Spa is one of the best circuits on the calendar. :(

He was driving down the normal driving line for that corner, I doubt Alonso himself would have done anything different (the only difference being that Alonso wouldn't have obviously gotten a penalty for it :lol:). He held his line and Alonso just tried to push into the gap with no luck. Finnish commentators both thought that he did nothing wrong (other one of them is Mika Salo, you might have heard of him as he kinda drove F1 back in the day, he has also been in the stewards).

_full.jpg

Think what you think but, even though the DNF makes it insignificant, I still think that the penalty wasn't justified.

:rolleyes:

You can see from that image that Vettel is already moving back over to the other side of the track away from Alonso which means he was closer to Alonso in the moments before.

Watch this before it gets taken down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_qvsjfKMsg

Alonso gave a lot more room last year than Vettel did this year. You can clearly see that in the video. End of.

Todays race was alright, although I feel very sad for Button going out like that. I was extremely pissed at Vettel forcing Alonso off the track and I think his penalty was well deserved, although it's a shame the alternator failed on his car again. Not a great weekend for RBR. Massa did awesomely well and Alonso leaves this weekend extending his lead which is nice. :D

Gotta say that the penalty on Vettel was harsh, especially given the history.

Alonso should be play football not drive F1. So often he's only achieved because he's thrown a tantrum and got his mummy to sort his problems out, because he's not man enough to do it on track.

I don't want Vettel to win any more than the next man, but its a shame it ended for him like it did.

Even more of a shame for Button... at least he left the track with some gentlemanly class though.

• 2 months later...