We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

We're sad to announce that the TDU1 servers will be permanently shut down

TurboDuck

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when I ordered TDU1 online in 2007 for my PS2. It was the most fun game I ever played, even though I didn't have online. It wasn't until later that I came across a video from these forums on YouTube and realized that online play was pretty awesome. So in 2008 I bought a wheel and the PC version of TDU only to find out that my computer didn't run it. Finally in 2009 I bought an XBOX 360, a copy of TDU and some Microsoft points for DLC. Soon after that, I discovered this place and the rest, as they say, is history.

I gotta say, this is the saddest day in gaming I've ever had. I really don't want to go to TDU2, it just isn't the same.

Ironically enough, I bought TDU because of a video I saw on YouTube.. which iirc was actually Diablo's (many years ago!). I've had this game for so long, on the PS2 originally, and I even own 3 copies of it (2 PC 1 X360). It's hard to imagine life without the online TDU craziness. It feels like I've lost a loved one :(

Diablo, how are we going to argue about pronounciation with Baldy without TDU?!

I wish I still have my original save file, so many great pictures on that.

It brings a tear to my eye thinking back. Alot of games Ive herd they stop online for and go "oh, thats a shame" and think nothing more(BF1942 & BF2142, both good games). But unlike TDU I was't involved with the community like i have been for TDU.

Still, least we have each other? :lol:

Atari have put the final nail in their coffin.

Surely by assessing consumer feedback, they would know instantly that TDU2 was a pile of horse manure and they just could not fix it properly (even now)

TDU1 was (and still is) an active game with a huge dedicated fan base (AKA TDU-Central) The very worst thing they could have done was kill off the original hardcore fans. TDU2 is a game for NFS wannabes, not those who actually enjoy the only decent driving simulator ever to have existed.

If Atari create a patch for TDU1 so that we can set up our own servers, then perhaps some faith in them might be restored. But if not, then I shall fart in their general direction and walk away.