We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Project CARS (pre-alpha) - Screenshot Thread *ARCHIVED*

Ozzmcom

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather a game be beyond my current PC's potential - means that I've got something to look forward to if/when I upgrade.

Compared to say playing GTR or Race 07 10 years later and it looks 10 years old.

With my specs I can play with most stuff on Ultra with a simple AA.

You'd need a monster rig later on to play at DS9X (which renders 9x the resolution and then downsamples). There are also options for DS2X and DS4x, or basic SMAA, or light-on FXAA.

You'd need a monster rig later on to play at DS9X (which renders 9x the resolution and then downsamples). There are also options for DS2X and DS4x, or basic SMAA, or light-on FXAA.

And this ladies and gentlemans, is what i call "speaking computer". A really complex language that only a few are able to speak. I am not one of those few.

I'd rather a game be beyond my current PC's potential - means that I've got something to look forward to if/when I upgrade.

Compared to say playing GTR or Race 07 10 years later and it looks 10 years old.

what were your specs ?

I was going for 30 fps so I'm able to set everything to ultra (with shadows exception of high) , high FXAA + DS4X with my 760gtx

I'm confused... are you saying Australians can't afford a 750 or you can't?

I bought the 680 GTX 4GB when it came out. Typically I only upgrade on every 2nd generation.

turboduck

I remember starting out playing TDU1 at 640x480 with a $60 ASUS 265mb graphics card that was too tall for my desktop case, so I had the lid unlocked, resting on it. Must have got around 25FPS at the time, playing with a keyboard. :)

When you start working and can afford to upgrade you don't have the time to enjoy it anywhere near as much. :(

I'm confused... are you saying Australians can't afford a 750 or you can't?

I bought the 680 GTX 4GB when it came out. Typically I only upgrade on every 2nd generation.

turboduck

I remember starting out playing TDU1 at 640x480 with a $60 ASUS 265mb graphics card that was too tall for my desktop case, so I had the lid unlocked, resting on it. Must have got around 25FPS at the time, playing with a keyboard. :)

When you start working and can afford to upgrade you don't have the time to enjoy it anywhere near as much. :(

I think he is saying that Australians earn a lot of money. In other words, you're rich. I'd say that too, it is even in your name! :lol:

I am saying we can't afford it.

680 gtx?

Lol i could even get 660gtx.

Milli, i am not saying they earn lot, but much more than us for sure.

Actualy, they do earn a lot.

But we wont get anywhere with this so lets not continue that discussion.

Even when i start working i cant make that big upgrade, i would be happy with previously mentioned 750ti which is 150 € here, and i5 4440 for 180€

• 2 weeks later...
I think he is saying that Australians earn a lot of money. In other words, you're rich. I'd say that too, it is even in your name! :lol:

Where in my name? :confused:

yeah but they have to put up with John Farnham so it's only fair

I don't put up with him, rarely hear from him actually.

Great simple visual explanation of how AA and MSAA works, showing off a new performance variant called MFAA, coming on the new 9 series cards

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...