We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Project CARS (pre-alpha) - Screenshot Thread *ARCHIVED*

Ozzmcom

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

YAY! Finally got it working! Notice the small arrows on the bumper showing those rings where you hook it for towing.

I will do something else in the hood. And, if possible, can you get black rims in it? Or i do have to choose it?

I love Imola! :D

In this shot, are the wet tire/tyre marks on the corner markers real? I know the Simbin games have them too, but they disappear quickly.

Currently each track has a "racing line" and a "wet racing line" (i.e. you drive slightly differently in the wet to keep tyres from overheating). There's been some discussion as to how dynamic this needs to be as it would use a fair amount of resources (staff time and system specs) considering 90% of the time everyone drives the same way around. Bit hard to follow since I wake up to find 10 new pages worth of posts to read in that one thread. :)

Skids marks are dynamic, although there might be a few 'permanent' tyre marks around as you would expect (tracks aren't always cleaned perfectly after every race). The whole reason why I joined last year was to make sure I could have my say. I'm honestly surprised I don't hear from more of you on those forums since you can be fairly vocal after a game as been released; this is the perfect chance we've all been waiting for. None (or hardly any) of those forum muppet types we saw @ tdu2.com either which is great.

• 3 weeks later...

There's another comp for the BMW M1 ProCar - liveries must be 1970's style.

Any photoshop wizards keen to have a go?

BMW M1 Procar Livery Contest - Rules & Discussion

BMW M1 Procar livery contest

You can submit your own livery design in the next 3 weeks.

Deadline will be Wednesday, December 19th.

After the deadline we'll start a poll, where everybody can vote for his favourite.

The Top 5 liveries will be official part of the game.

If we think some more liveries deserve a place in the game, we will decide to add more.

But there is no guarantee for that. Our artists will decide if and how many more we'll add.

Here are the rules.

Please read them carefully!

Liveries that don't fulfil the rules will not be accepted.

1. Only fictional liveries are allowed.

The livery has to be a fictional design with only fictional logos.

For legal reasons, real brands/logos/designs are not allowed!

In the Painting forum you will find a PSD sheet with the fictional brands we used so far. These are free to be used.

You can create your own logos as well, but they need to be legally waterproof and your own creation (stealing from any other source is not allowed!).

Web URLs that don't belong to SMS and any real brands are not allowed in any way.

For legal reasons we can't allow any real BMW logos on the liveries. These would only be allowed, if BMW officially approves the liveries (which will not happen soon).

2. Design and colours

Design and colours should not be too close to any real life livery, because this can also cause legal problems.

The livery design must be the artist's own creation, without stealing from other sources.

Of course this is a rule with discussion potential: How close is too close?

If a livery loosely reminds or hints you to a real livery, it can be acceptable.

The Dev team will decide from case to case what is legally acceptable and what not.

3. 1970s/1980s Style

The M1 Procar is from 1980. We'd like to create a set of liveries that fits the era of the car.

So the livery design must fit to that era.

We don't want to see any things on the livery that were not existent yet in the early 1980s (cell phones, internet/URLs, etc.)

Chrome/matte effects and complicated patterns were not used in that era as well.

Here you will find a style guide to give you some inspiration: CLICK ME!

We will be very strict with these design rules. Liveries that obviously don't fit the style rules, will not be allowed for the contest!

4. Numbers

You are free to design your own windscreen banner and numbers.

The design of the numbers must fit the style of the era (classic design, see style guide!)

There must be a number on the bonnet and on each side of the car.

5. Other illegal content

Rude material (nudity, bad language, etc.) and political opinions/logos are not allowed on liveries.

6. Layered PSD files

PSD file with all layers needs to be submitted to SMS.

Ideally all elements, logos, etc. are on separate layers.

This is needed in case we need to adjust liveries for legal or technical reasons.

Liveries without layered PSD files won't be accepted!

Please keep the original size of the livery template (4096x6144).

7. Submitting PSD files

PSD files can be zipped and uploaded to the usual web file hosters (Mediafire, Rapidshare, etc.).

If you don't want to share your PSD with everybody, you can submit the link to me via PM only.

8. Only 1 submission per member

I know we have a few really good artists here, that could easily do a full set of liveries.

To give everybody a chance, we'll limit to submissions to 1 per member.

9. Version updates

Before you submit your livery, please make sure it is final.

I don't want to see quick shots, that will be updated again, please.

You got 3 full weeks, so more than enough time to improve and finetune your livery before the deadline.

Submission thread will be opened on Wednesday December 12th, one week before deadline.

10. Names + flags

It is allowed to put your name on the car in the usual places where you find them on real GT cars (roof or door).

No nicknames! They must be real names (or at least sounding real).

Flags on cars (e.g. besides the names) are allowed, but they must be the official flags of the country.

11. Spec/fresnel maps

Spec/Fresnel maps should only be done, if they are really needed.

Sometimes less is more and a good livery is not defined by as many special effects as possible.

In the end we will certainly review the winning liveries and optimize them before they become game content, i.e. unnecessary spec/fresnel maps could be removed or resized.

12. Wheels

ATM we can only use the silver real rims.

If we find it necessary to add another rim colour, we might add that as well later.

So you can paint wheels for your livery, but the winners will only be able to choose from the given options later.

• 3 weeks later...