We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 6 {DT} - Now let's talk about it. [UP: It's Out!]

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent video, that looks like so much fun and as usual GT seems to get the bumps and such of the track right which is what I loved about the Nurburgring in GT4. Enjoyed seeing that 300ZX, always had a love/hate affair with that thing, it looks good (imo) and was fast but it was very tail heavy and would be a right handful on tracks with lots of sweeping turns. Lovely driving too, that dive down the inside at 1:48 was sublime, he got you on the fast straight and you certainly seemed to be having a good battle for a while after that. Ouch! Nasty hit at 3:34, lucky the damage isn't that realistic in this game. ;)

Five minutes in now and you're chasing down a quick and nimble NSX, he's certainly got the legs on you but doesn't seem able to carry as much speed through the tight sweeping turns like you can. Nice hugging of the inside line into the final turn to take the win by a small margin.

Would have been cool to see the replay of that race too. :D

The user, metascores are the lowest for the series.

I was just wondering how would you guys compare this to gt5?

There aren't many gaming outlets I trust more than Eurogamer and their review sums up what GT has always been about; a brilliant mess. :cool:

Gran Turismo 6 review Eurogamer.net

However saying this I think a 9 is too high for a game without decent sounds and damage implementation. An 8 would be fairer I think, but I can see where a 9 could come from as the driving feeling in GT is just something brilliant to experience especially with a decent wheel.

Excellent video, that looks like so much fun and as usual GT seems to get the bumps and such of the track right which is what I loved about the Nurburgring in GT4. Enjoyed seeing that 300ZX, always had a love/hate affair with that thing, it looks good (imo) and was fast but it was very tail heavy and would be a right handful on tracks with lots of sweeping turns. Lovely driving too, that dive down the inside at 1:48 was sublime, he got you on the fast straight and you certainly seemed to be having a good battle for a while after that. Ouch! Nasty hit at 3:34, lucky the damage isn't that realistic in this game. ;)

Five minutes in now and you're chasing down a quick and nimble NSX, he's certainly got the legs on you but doesn't seem able to carry as much speed through the tight sweeping turns like you can. Nice hugging of the inside line into the final turn to take the win by a small margin.

Would have been cool to see the replay of that race too. :D

Haha why don't you just record a commentary track to add to the video - good sum up there. I did record the replay but honestly at night time it just didn't look that good. AI headlights don't project and light up the track like the player car does, just white dots on the front of the car. Guess it's a limitation of the PS3 as to being able to compute all those complex shadows that would result. If I wasn't in a car that was 150PP lower than what was permitted I would've blitzed them in a boring fashion like I have in too many career races so far.

The lack of an AI difficulty setting is a big disappointment and something FM5 easily wins with. At least most of my time spent in GT will be racing much harder people online, and with the new Qualifying and other online race features in place and upcoming community features, along with the great driving feel, GT6 will be a good platform for online leagues.

I guess to make up for all the dupes, PD have placed a sneaky different stripe on each MX5 dupe.

Examples:

L7Jd1qb.jpg

(MX-5 Miata (NA) '89) - credits to dogw10

WVc97QN.jpg

(MX-5 SR-Limited (NA,J) '97) - credits to ZDUPH

Looking pretty good for standards.

--- Post Updated ---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RbF8wgpRdA

:D :D :D

No clips of the interior though... hmmm...

Could be an imposition from BMW not to show the interior (yet)

What he said.

The car was un-officially leaked the other day, and now officially shown today. BMW may have a hand in how much they let them do and such. Even though pictures and such are out, there's a high chance there still working on small stuff for the car, both BMW & PD.

For example every magazine article I've read on the M3/4 development, BMW have been quite specific on what can & cant be said, seen, etc. With only small test runs in the passenger seat & not much is allowed to be said of the inside.

Every car manufactures different.

As I said in the post above yours. ;)

Also don't know how long ago PD got to do all stuff for the M4, BMW may not have let them do interior stuff then.

As idle as it would be to have the full thing, red tape will have held things back. Considering the car has working wipers and the other standard cars don't, likewise with the outline of the seats when you look back when in cockpit.

What he said.

The car was un-officially leaked the other day, and now officially shown today. BMW may have a hand in how much they let them do and such. Even though pictures and such are out, there's a high chance there still working on small stuff for the car, both BMW & PD.

For example every magazine article I've read on the M3/4 development, BMW have been quite specific on what can & cant be said, seen, etc. With only small test runs in the passenger seat & not much is allowed to be said of the inside.

Every car manufactures different.

Yes, I agree but magazines etc. are a different thing. You can't compare that with an 'exclusive' partnership between PD and BMW AG. Manufacturers work on the car even after the world premiere, basically until it goes on sale (Spring/Summer 2014 in this case), however the design and things around that are known and agreed on way before the world premiere (ever seen the design patents) and in this case, the M4 Concept. BMW M Concepts are basically production cars in terms of exterior design. Spy photos of the production version interior were taken in November. Just sayin'.

My guess is that PD contacted BMW (or vice versa, who knows) a bit late and since they agreed on releasing the M4 for GT6 on the same day as the real M3/M4, PD did have time just for the exterior, data and as always, bad engine sound. Maybe this whole thing has a different background but either way, it is just stupid. Who cares about driving a NASA wheelchair on some grey planets and orange peel even on hood badges if you have a brand new BMW with no interior and with a vacuum cleaner under the hood. :rolleyes: