We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 6 {DT} - Now let's talk about it. [UP: It's Out!]

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted the DLC cars in GT5 sounded better (usually with stock exhausts though) but how long is it going to take them to update sounds for 100 cars? Or even 300 of them?

I believe it would be changed all of them, in one update. A big update, like the standard cars "interior".

I doubt all cars will be 'fixed'...i mean who is going to moan that the 1998 Daihatsu Midget doesn't sound just right.

But at least there going to fix them...could be like other racing games where they say "HERES DAY 1 DLC!!!!11111!" 4 months in advance. :huh:

Rather have polished physics that don't want to make you enter a drift when in real life that'd never happen(I've compared with GT5, another game not on PS3 and IRL with an MX5 at 30mph and a basic corner) rather than pitch perfect sound.

Flame suit on and fire extinguisher in hand.

Driving Physics > Sounds

I mean after all, sound is a by product of driving, not the main part of it. And for a game to be a good driving sim, i'd think physics are more important.(sure the Sim's that F1 teams use don't have pitch perfect sound or tip top graphics, and focus on the physics?) :mhmm:

Think i'll bring a firetruck as backup for my flame suit.

Driving Physics > Sounds

I mean after all, sound is a by product of driving, not the main part of it. And for a game to be a good driving sim, i'd think physics are more important.(sure the Sim's that F1 teams use don't have pitch perfect sound or tip top graphics, and focus on the physics?) :mhmm:

Think i'll bring a firetruck as backup for my flame suit.

This. And if i may add, cars are way more silent from inside. Because acoustic isolation.

When out on a spirited drive(or as the 'yoof' call it, 'hooning') or just out to the countryside & mountains , the road & the fantastic views are what I'm focused on(mostly the road, but can still take in the views), the sound is really just there, merged with the road and wind noise.

Only pay attation to sound when I start up to check it sounds fine, when on the move if the 'normal' sound is interrupted by something like a rattle about, exhaust gets a hole in it, scraping over a bump or a spring snaps.

It's just I focus on other things than sound, I'd be lying if I said the sound was't important to a car, but when I'm driving it's not.

Know the sound of my car going up the rev's, what sound to change at and such but its just there. Even when I've driven cars with fruitier sounds, it's when I'm not moving I'll admire it's sound", but will admit the cheeky sound of the turbo and spooling it up is nice but wears off after the first few minuets.

Were all different in what we like about cars, and the same with driving.

In the end, if I wanted to drive in the best driving experience...I'd get in my car.

If the sound sounds car like then I'm happy with it, If a car had polka music playing from the exhaust then i'd be annoyed*, I know im in the minority here with my view but that's just me.

* Ive nothing wrong with Polka music, in fact

I honestly don't know why you guys keep bashing it.

I'm just doing it to throw in a counter, sure there not perfect but no need to keep hammering it in every time something with GT is shown. :mhmm:

Also maybe i'm doing it for the lul's...

This, exactly. :lol:

Everything that is posted about GT, doesn't take long to someone say:

Oh the sounds!

Vaccum cleaner!

My ears!

Why don't update the sounds?

Doesn't take much effort to read and know about it... like i said in an other forum, GT5 is the way it is, and took so long because the PS3 system is complex to work with, and as Kazunori said once, it's almost powerful as the PS4, main difference is that PS4 is more simple to work with. They said they are working on how the PS3 system works with GT sounds. So, update it, or make a good sound may be way more harder than we think!

Actually, many things are way harder than we think... these things are way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too complex for us, who only see the final product and believe it's just record and play a file.

Not to mention, as i said before, in the end of the day... they sold 10.000.000 copies... with the "horrible" sounds.

Edit: Also, obviously we do want better sounds, but bash that on an internet forum isn't going to help or change anything, if i really want to change something and make my opinion listened, i can do better than just bash the sounds like a little 15 years old hater.

So, we're just blabering stuff with no reason and inteligence, bashing other things just to make the ones that we like, "better"?

Yes, i see... and, i am done trying to explain, you're right.

The SOUNDS SUCKS! Vaccum cars! Excuse me while i am out to go play a real game, with real not digitalized piece of crap sounds, before my ears explode.

Lost your temper a bit, huh...

No one in this thread is bashing on anything. Someone said he doesn't care much about the ingame sounds and noise, other reacted to the person saying that the sounds in his opinion are important and that this area should be improved in GT5/6. Does this sound like a mindless and unfounded discussion of 12 years old teenagers?

Also, this has been previously debated in another thread.