We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Motorsport 5 {DT} - Turning current-gen car lovers into next-gen car gamers

Soundwave

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they had made them more powerful with twice as much cost, nobody would have cared about the graphics anymore, everyone would just have been super mad about the price (kinda like now, for Xbone at least, but way worse).

And not all new innovation has to do with improved graphics, that's a thing I'd love to see more people understand..

Just my 2c.

And let's say PS4 is the successor of PS3, it's the next generation after the PS3 amirite?

Graphics aside.

200 cars (ish)

2 new tracks?

Driveatar...

I'm not seeing the improvement here. Especially since Greenawalt and Turn 10 have completely shut out the hardcore sim racing community. No endurance racing, no tire degradation, no fuel consumption.. The more I see about Forza the more upset I become, because a franchise that I once loved has now turned it's back on me, catering to 5 year olds and people who love micro-transactions.

I've watched the two ISR videos where they show their first hour RAW playing FM5 and GT6 and based on that alone Forza looked better.

Better visuals

Better sounds

Better AI (yes really)

Better presentation

Better first car choice

All of that aside though, while I will be picking up GT6 this Friday, I have no plans to get FM5 :lol:

Nobody have ever tried back out after get in Honda and see the Fit. That's the first thing i'd try...

"Are you sure to buy the car?"

"clicks no"

and check to see if others are now open. Other than that, i'd just sell the Fit straight away and buy something cheaper. Instead of 30.000, you will have 17.250 to buy your first car, which isn't much different from all other GT's.

And if you guys are waiting GT7, why not wait for FM6? I get the feeling that FM5 is like GT3.

If they had made them more powerful with twice as much cost, nobody would have cared about the graphics anymore, everyone would just have been super mad about the price (kinda like now, for Xbone at least, but way worse).

And not all new innovation has to do with improved graphics, that's a thing I'd love to see more people understand..

Just my 2c.

And let's say PS4 is the successor of PS3, it's the next generation after the PS3 amirite?

don't get mad, that was my point, consoles are most of the time usless. you can get a 500$ PC that can run everything that console can and plus its a PC, so you can do even more than a console can.

btw, lol'ed at "Xbone" i think thats how MS should called it in the first place....

If they are just boys they probably won't be able to afford the console anyway. I'm sure everyone is expecting a big drop in sales when comparing FM4 and 5. It will be interesting to see how GT6 sells by way of comparison.

But boys are never able to afford, their parents otherwise... :hmmm:

And i don't really care about GT6 sells that much, because i will get it anyways. And will get GT7 eventually too... and GT8, and GT infinite... :lol:

don't get mad, that was my point, consoles are most of the time usless. you can get a 500$ PC that can run everything that console can and plus its a PC, so you can do even more than a console can.

People who buy a console buy because the games it has. Some games can be played only in consoles, such as FM4 and GT5. ;)

The question is what do you prefer. If you prefer to spend on a computer, good, buy your computer and be happy. I prefer to play on my PS3. It's easier and more simple. I don't need to care about graphics and settings, and my computer specs and mouse and installing... etc and etc... Just buy, quick install and play. :lol:

Edit: And of course, to play GT5, GT6 in a few days, and GTA V. :lol:

Doubt you could get a PC for $500, a $600+ PC sure. Remember a closed box such as a console can do more as it doesn't have to balance (Microsoft love this word) everything it has to do and the games are - well not at the start - optimised for the specifications and the coding can be a lot more dedicated, commonly known as 'coding to the metal'.

I've seen realist PC players (not the PC Master Race) state that about a $700 machine would be needed as these guys account for everything (MB, CPU, RAM, GFX, HDD, OS etc) and not just the addition of a single Graphics card. :) Though they also feel the PS4 may require a touch more due to that whole GPGPU that will become more prevalent in the future.

In regards to Forza 5, they redid a number of the models and improved them for Horizon so I don't get the whole lack of cars deal in FM5, also I find it quite funny how Dan Greenawalt said FM5 would have "hundreds of cars". Well gee let's think.... what number would be the absolute minimum to make that statement true? Yep, 200. :nuts:

There's something unsettling about FM5 and the way Microsoft has made it turn out, Turn 10 must get annoyed by it too I would imagine as it's putting a spotlight of disappointment on their franchise. However when it's the boss who owns you I guess you have to tow the corporate line to the smallest microtransaction mediantransation gouging letter!

For all of it though they are simply seeing how far they can screw people before they go enough!

btw, lol'ed at "Xbone" i think thats how MS should called it in the first place....

My PC was $850 and it's on par with consoles. I'm just sayin'.

Regarding Forza's downhill slide, Turn 10 is disillusioned about what people want.

My PC was $850 and it's on par with consoles. I'm just sayin'.

Regarding Forza's downhill slide, Turn 10 is disillusioned about what people want.

you over paid then.

--- Post Updated ---

People who buy a console buy because the games it has. Some games can be played only in consoles, such as FM4 and GT5.

that's the only reason i would buy a console, just for those few games. as for GTAV, its coming on PC next year

--- Post Updated ---

Doubt you could get a PC for $500, a $600+ PC sure.

you can get a 500$ that can run games like consoles at normal settings. also with mantle coming there can be up to 50% performance increase with AMD cards. now whats holding us back is DX, so i hope that mantle will change all that.

for some reason YT is broken, so i cant link a video to show that you can get a 500$ PC

there we go