We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Discussion thread for The Crew Beta players

Ryzza5

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How? This game is terribly optimised for PC.

My laptop (i7-4700MQ @ 2,4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVidia, GeForce GT740M 2 GB) doesn't manage to run this game on HD-resolution. At 720p-resolution the game barely runs at the locked 30 FPS - which determines the speed of my car!

I so hope they will fix this!

Regards

X8X8X

Is there any way to disable player mics/chat? A lot of people have them and they are obnoxiously loud and annoying.

Yes, there is

I had to search for it as well. Nothing beats French logic i suppose :D

In your popup phone there is a Roster function

If you press that you will see all people in your current session

Click on your own name and disable voice

PS You will have to do that every thime you start the game. :susp:

Got my Focus maxed out with all level 10 gold parts. :D

Now time to get the dirt parts. :hmmm:

Lucky you, you found a car worth tuning.

The "little" car-list isn't a problem anymore thanks to the little money one earns (pay:twisted:to:twisted:win), but all the cars I'd like to buy (the American muscles) are ridiculously expensive...

Regards

X8X8X

post scriptum: the Hot Rod is epic though! I dropped something like 30.000$ on tuning it (different styles)...

Something i'd love to do is be able to map Upshift/Downshift to B/X on my 360 controller. Can't do it in the options apparently.

Yea that annoyed me at first but it's not too bad once you get used to it. Although I wish the gear changes were faster.

Turboduck stream: Twitch

Anyone got a constant flickering? It happens every 10 - 15 seconds and the screen looks like if someone is waving a magnet around the screen for a moment.

Tried to play around with the GFX settings but it does not go away. Its a brief moment so its barely noticable but once seen it cannot be unseen.

So how's the game, guys? Better or worse than you expected?

- map: astonishing

- graphics and sound: great

- handling: good (strange when driving fast in a straight line)

- multiplayer: buggy (closed beta)

- story: ok (very hard to earn money)

- performance: terrible (no way of running it at lowest settings in HD @ locked 30 FPS with my good laptop - car-speed determined by FPS)

I expected it to be great, and it is. The terrible PC-performance has to be sorted out before I buy it though!

Regards

X8X8X

Earlier today, Ryzza and I teamed up for some American Take Out. This is what happened :D

PS We drive both on Hardcore mode and those Raid specs are really good to drive through everything, but also a handfull to drive. This makes the challenge even bigger :cool:

You can also see some weird movements of the Ford, because Ryzza was hosting this race and we live on different sides of the Planet. Lots of fun, but we need gold next time :D