We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Discussion thread for The Crew Beta players

Ryzza5

I am sad as hell . Today I tried out Laguna ... And all I can say is ... They tried ... I hope they can fix it , but i bet they're to late in development to. Barely any elevation , the track is wider than usually . I'm just grateful they added the track anyways. Also , has anyone in the crew's support forum address the mirrors? Are they really leaving it like That?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sad as hell . Today I tried out Laguna ... And all I can say is ... They tried ... I hope they can fix it , but i bet they're to late in development to. Barely any elevation , the track is wider than usually . I'm just grateful they added the track anyways. Also , has anyone in the crew's support forum address the mirrors? Are they really leaving it like That?

And also the AI going backwards around the track :/.

And also the AI going backwards around the track :/.

I remember when i was in Vegas , I saw this traffic AI doing donuts in the middle of the road then and left doing a wheelie then Stopie . I thought I was a little bugged out . Lmao

I have to say that people on the Beta Forums are really rude. So much rage and hate against this game.

Granted it does has a few bugs, but it runs surprisingly well for a Beta even on a mid-end machine like mines (Havent upgraded stuff for a while now)

I dont understand all the complains about the handling. Its a bit unusual at the beginning but you get used to it and as soon as you progress the performance parts help you too.

Yesterday I was cruising around, mostly at higher speeds and I didnt even crash alot (unlike some people on the Beta Forums)

I even drive it on Keyboard, wich should be worse compared to all the controller and wheel guys... I think its a solid game and with some improvements its going to be great and the NFS guys have to trick out their upcoming NFS title to get into the competition.

If I compare The Crew and NFS: Rivals I d say, Rivals has slightly better graphics, but the 30FPS lock is worse on Rivals then it is on The Crew. Also their so called 'Personalisation' is nothing compared to the stuff you can do on the Crew.

From my point of view, Ivory Tower has hit the nail on the head with this game. Such a vast open world and customisation aswell as freedom to drive anywere was long overdue. I am not sure but probably the Crew will change the way racing games are produced.

My 2 cents.

Guest MrLolololXD
I have to say that people on the Beta Forums are really rude. So much rage and hate against this game.

~snip snap snippity~

My 2 cents.

I agree, reading some of the stuff people have been posting on there is just plain stupid. They should be grateful it even works for them! I still keep crashing on startup and after a couple minutes!

Although I must say, the 10 minutes I have been able to play and even only being limited to the area you first start in due to constant crashing, I'm really impressed with what I've seen. Although I wish the hardcore was a bit easier to slide and drift in corners, it's still not terrible like some people make it out to be. With a keyboard it feels like a cross between TDU1 and 2, which I guess kinda makes sense for it to.

Try and get this one

[spoil]Fully use your nitrous and end up at exactly 88mph[/spoil]

BTTF anyone? Wrong car though. :(

I just accidentally did it! Power-sliding my Hot Rod through Grand Canyon :D

Regards

X8X8X

I am just sad you are forced to play that guy. We live in 2014. There should be a choice. Theres games out there that are way older then this and had at least a two character choice with story arc.

And if its too much work, just make the main character a silent never seen in cutscenes character like it was in NFS Most Wanted back in the day, so you can still have your own imagination and immersion.

I am just sad you are forced to play that guy. We live in 2014. There should be a choice. Theres games out there that are way older then this and had at least a two character choice with story arc.

And if its too much work, just make the main character a silent never seen in cutscenes character like it was in NFS Most Wanted back in the day, so you can still have your own imagination and immersion.

IIRC the character in Most Wanted '06 was still a white bread hero even through the pixelation in the busted cutscene. African American protagonist in a racing game would have been cool to see or at least have the option of using as a character.

IIRC the character in Most Wanted '06 was still a white bread hero even through the pixelation in the busted cutscene. African American protagonist in a racing game would have been cool to see or at least have the option of using as a character.

LOL, who cares if the main protagonist is white or black or Asian or duck? :fp: