We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

Thought I'd write some info I have found on dem webs

- production scheduled to start this November, sales in Spring 2016, USA comes later

- Maserati/Ferrari biturbo V6 gasoline engine (450+ PS); VM Motori V6 and I4 diesels that are already used in FCA vehicles and 1.4-1.8 gasoline engines

- brand new RWD/AWD platform

- currently AR is having problems with NVH, say suppliers and that there may be delays (surprise!)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clubman's design has been leaked or seen in various spyshots for a while now, and from what i've seen so far I really really like it. The above Picture in S form with another exhaust on the right hand side and i'd love it.

Considering how little I've liked the most recent mini updates, good to see they're on the right path again.

The back of that Alfa reminds me of this:

2013-kia-optima_100421555_l.jpg

I mean, the Kia Optima is a good looking car, but not so sure on that Alfa, will need so see more of it before I can pass judgement on it.

Also that Mini Clubman looks as expected, but I really like it! Mini are on form right now, except for the Countryman and Paceman...

Alfa Romeo Giulia QV

Official specs:

- 3.0 V6 biturbo

- 510 PS

- 0-100 in 3.9 sec

- weight-to-power ratio at 3kg/PS (do the math)

- torque vectoring and "active aero splitter", carbon-ceramic brakes

- carbon fibre hood/bonnet, roof, front seats frame and driveshaft

- umm, that's all yet

Official pics:

Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-8.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-7.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-35656.jpg

]Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-10.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-4.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-1.jpg

New pics showing the Quadrifoglio Verde in Bianco:

Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_2016_oficialni_17_800_600.jpg

Alfa_Romeo_Giulia_2016_oficialni_18_800_600.jpg

Me thinks it's gorgeous. Looks like a killer.

It looks good, but it also has (imo for an italian car) too many links with other cars. And then I mainly aim at the 3-series/C-Class dashboard and Audi rear end design. For italians who always claim to be the masters of design (I won't go into what the design studio's have come up with in the past decades), I sort of expected a bit more of it.

Nevertheless it would be nice to see more of these on the street and less VAG/Volvo.

EDIT: sound:

Alfa Romeo Giulia is alive and kicking video Autojunk.nl (144704)

It looks good, but it also has (imo for an italian car) too many links with other cars. And then I mainly aim at the 3-series/C-Class dashboard and Audi rear end design. For italians who always claim to be the masters of design (I won't go into what the design studio's have come up with in the past decades), I sort of expected a bit more of it.

So much this. :nods:

Nevertheless it would be nice to see more of these on the street and less VAG/Volvo.

EDIT: sound:

Alfa Romeo Giulia is alive and kicking video Autojunk.nl (144704)

Only when looking directly at the back to I agree with you, I think every other angle and even the interior has been locked down by Alfa as something fairly different to what is in the segment. This isn't a £150k supercar, there's only so much you can do when designing a mid-compact 'luxury' car and I feel that Alfa have done more than enough to try and make their car stand out from the crowd. In an automotive world of the germans and Jaguar copying and pasting their design and pressing a 'shrink' or 'expand' button and calling it a revolutionary new vehicle I feel any criticism on Alfa for not being too unique here is completely unnecessary - they should be applauded (unless you simply don't like the design however that is completely different to the point you were making). This is the first vehicle in what I imagine to be a new design language for Alfa, something we might see copied rather closely on hatchbacks etc, so to criticize the design of this car for not being imaginative enough makes me concerned of what you'll be thinking when these new Alfas eventually come out of the shadows etc. I think the colour red is a bit overused when it comes to releasing new cars in this segment though and maybe that's one of the reasons you feel you've seen this before etc.

I love it :D It's the right balance between sporty and classy Italian design, that noise :drool: I'll take the white one with the rims from the red car I think. This is such a turnaround for Alfa (disregarding the 4C due to how low-volume it is relatively), I hope the interior quality has taken a proportionate jump too. That start/stop button on the steering wheel is so god damned cool, as is the noise :drool: and the quad exhausts, and the manual gearbox....

I can see Maserati's boardroom being rather concerned at how many Ghibli sales this may steal, especially with how hard Mazzer are pushing their sales targets at the moment.

TL;DR???: You're wrong, I'm right :cheeese:

Only when looking directly at the back to I agree with you, I think every other angle and even the interior has been locked down by Alfa as something fairly different to what is in the segment. This isn't a £150k supercar, there's only so much you can do when designing a mid-compact 'luxury' car and I feel that Alfa have done more than enough to try and make their car stand out from the crowd. In an automotive world of the germans and Jaguar copying and pasting their design and pressing a 'shrink' or 'expand' button and calling it a revolutionary new vehicle I feel any criticism on Alfa for not being too unique here is completely unnecessary - they should be applauded (unless you simply don't like the design however that is completely different to the point you were making). This is the first vehicle in what I imagine to be a new design language for Alfa, something we might see copied rather closely on hatchbacks etc, so to criticize the design of this car for not being imaginative enough makes me concerned of what you'll be thinking when these new Alfas eventually come out of the shadows etc. I think the colour red is a bit overused when it comes to releasing new cars in this segment though and maybe that's one of the reasons you feel you've seen this before etc.

I love it :D It's the right balance between sporty and classy Italian design, that noise :drool: I'll take the white one with the rims from the red car I think. This is such a turnaround for Alfa (disregarding the 4C due to how low-volume it is relatively), I hope the interior quality has taken a proportionate jump too. That start/stop button on the steering wheel is so god damned cool, as is the noise :drool: and the quad exhausts, and the manual gearbox....

I can see Maserati's boardroom being rather concerned at how many Ghibli sales this may steal, especially with how hard Mazzer are pushing their sales targets at the moment.

TL;DR???: You're wrong, I'm right :cheeese:

Basically this. :nods:

I don't see the 3 Series in it like people see. Maybe it's the side view... but then you have to realize that both are RWD sedans so the basic proportions are set (short overhangs, cab pushed back etc.). Every car these days have similiar details/sections/whatever to other cars - I remember people saying that the new Mustang looks like an Accord Coupe. There's always someone to say that. And that red start button? Copy cats! Audi's have it!!! :panic:

It looks different to the rest of the segment. Enough Italian, enough elegant and enough sporty. These cars needs to have the right amount of everything, and from what I have seeen so far I think they met the goals. However, the exterior and a 500hp QV are not all what sells.

You better not disappoint this time, pizzaboys. I do have high hopes. If the QV w/ 6MT turns out to be at least as good as the M3, my dream garage might change. :p

Reminds me of:

Kia Optima (rear)

Mazda 6 (rear and sides)

BMW 5 series (side)

Jaguar XE (headlights, front 3/4, and bootlid)

They made it mainstream for the yuppie American consumer. They took all the good parts from the cars above and stuck an Alfa front on it... not that that's a bad thing since these are all good looking sedans. Thankfully it still sounds like an Alfa. Hoping for a midsize wagon version with manual transmission. First 'normal' car I've been excited about for a while.

Bentley's boss confirmed two new cars at Goodwood. One is the EXP-10 Speed 6, which will get a different name and AWD, no RWD:

bentley-exp-10-speed-6-concept-front-three-quarter.jpg

The other one is another SUV. It's 100% sure they'll both come, they just don't know which has to come first. Seems their crystal ball is working overhours :D