We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your desktop!

Eudemon

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Setup - ~600KB - 3200*1080

Not technically my desktop, but still it shows my new workspace and it really is a technical wet dream. Running Ubuntu Linux on the right CRT monitor and Windows 7 Ultimate on my left LCD monitor.

Want to go out and buy a copy of OS/X so I can run Windows and Mac simultaneously but dunno if I can be bothered. This is just my toy setup, I may post my business setup or my entertainment setup if I get bored, both of which are much more monstrous than this.

Windows 7 is really cheap compared to older versions, you can get the OEM version of Home Premium from the PC shop for around $140. I got the Ultimate Retail version on the day it came out for $398. The Ultimate Retail version of Vista, by comparison, was around $700. Even Windows XP Pro still sells for around $200.

I'm currently using a 'Mountains' themepack which I downloaded from somewhere ages ago.