We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Motorsport 7 Will Not Have Toyota Production Cars!!

TurboDuck

Only 2 toyotas I care about are the gt-one and ts050. There's still hope.
Yeah their racing cars are better for me too, although I do enjoy the Celica and MR2 in the production sense. Also if this includes Lexus, then not having the LFA will be disappointing too.

Yeah their racing cars are better for me too, although I do enjoy the Celica and MR2 in the production sense. Also if this includes Lexus, then not having the LFA will be disappointing too.

yeah hopefully not. You have to see it from toyota's point of view though. If I was head of marketing of a brand I wouldn't want all that production team's hard work and effort go to waste in the hands of some 10 year old painting the cars to bright yellow with random aftermarket bumpers on it only to be driven on bright orange toy tracks.

yeah hopefully not. You have to see it from toyota's point of view though. If I was head of marketing of a brand I wouldn't want all that production team's hard work and effort go to waste in the hands of some 10 year old painting the cars to bright yellow with random aftermarket bumpers on it only to be driven on bright orange toy tracks.

I see it the other way around though. If i was head of marketing, seeing how much games influences and helps to spread a brand name, more and more real car brands are releasing cars together with a game, i think it's bad marketing to not have your car in.

I would want "my car" in the game, and i would make sure it is accuratelly reproduced, with the right colors and possible trim levels, with kits that replicate the real aftermarket kits aswell.

This sort of thinking perplexes me. A brand as big as Toyota is going to be seen in various lights and one of these is the whole street-racing thing. But at the same time the Corolla and Yaris are seen as good city cars for differing age groups. Then in the US you have the Camry which is like the ultimate highway car or something over there.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I don't get how older people might look at a riced Supra and think Toyota is for kids when the same kids don't look at a sensible Corolla and think Toyota is for old boring people.

Incidentally, I do believe a number of marketing personnel in automotive makers have lauded that their representation in games as being a core way of imprinting their name on what they hope will be their future customers.

Gran turismo may have a hand in this to be honest :mhmm: maybe they struck a deal with Toyota.

I mean I honestly don't care, yeah I'll miss the supra that's it, I hardly use toyota in games anyway.

It is possible and if it turns out to be the case, I think I will be done with GT as exclusive licensing is something I cannot stand.

Or maybe it's even worse than we thought and a YouTuber has exclusive rights?!!!!!!! :aah:

That doesn't matter, I still think gran turismo potentially have struck a deal, if turn 10 said they're upset they don't have toyota there's more to this.

And what Gran Turismo has to do with it? :lol: If it was an exclusive contract, you wouldn't see it on Project Cars 2. So yes, it does matter. :lol:

Plus, anything that makes Turn 10 upset is automatically linked to Gran Turismo and they're the one to blame? It is easier to be a price matter than anything else. Toyota wanted more, Turn 10 didn't want to pay, deal is not made. Simple. :lol:

The reason going about is simply that Toyota don't like their cars being modified. Now whether that came into effect before Turn 10 had done the deal or is because of something else is impossible to say unless it's revealed. It does seem a really weak reason, especially after the amount of time that has been, and through which has resulted in a number of their models becoming notorious as street-racing icons but hey, companies pull stupid stuff all the time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is Toyota pulling a Ferrari move?

If i remember correctly till some time ago Ferrari didn't like that their cars were able to be customized visually in racing games and that was the reason it wasn't in certain racing games.

Or like Honda not liking their cars being involved in racing games with police till NFS 2015.

Well toyota street cars will be missed but people most likely just care about the Supra or the AE86 the rest like the Celicas, Corollas and other iconic cars they don't care that much.