We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 in Production? + Details [!UPDATE #2]

Eudemon

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like as traffic cars? cause I think having them for driving around would be a little too weird.

No I want them to be driven so you can run over other smaller vehicles. Would be nice to to be able to run over cops to, or push them off the cliff or something. May not be practical.. i donno, but I think it'll be cool.:lol:

Don't underestimate those Tractors and Dump trucks they can be pretty fast.:lol:

ohh I forgot... include some Pickup trucks too, like Toyota Tundra 4x4 or Ford pickup or something.

• 1 month later...

it would be wicked if the pc version could be run with PhysX fluid particals. so that it would actualy flood in some plases and create small damns in the rouad that the car could spin off from :)

the the wipers could actualy work to get water of the windscreen:)

PhysX would do a lot to the game if it was included on the pc. as far as water particals go at least

It wouldn't only be limited to PC by the time this game arrives as I got a message from a PS3 zealot informing me that it is supposed to be getting PhysX support also. Not sure if that's true or not but he seems excited about it for some reason.

It was Nvidia that did the graphics for the PS3 right? If it was then the GPU is more than likely of running PhysX as most modern Nvidia GPUs are.

yep. nvidia designed the gpu in the ps3

all gpu's from the 8800 and up is PhysX ready

It wouldn't only be limited to PC by the time this game arrives as I got a message from a PS3 zealot informing me that it is supposed to be getting PhysX support also. Not sure if that's true or not but he seems excited about it for some reason.

not the entire game only for pc but on the pc version it would be able to run PhysX to get better fluid particles and so on

yep. nvidia designed the gpu in the ps3

all gpu's from the 8800 and up is PhysX ready

Which is why it's a shame the PS3 chip is based on 7000 series architecture ;)

But PhysX can be run on any central processor too - x86, powerPC, Cell, Broadway - hence why they've been giving away the SDK for things like the PS3 and Wii as well.

Havok runs even better though, hence why it was used in TDU and should hopefully be used in TDU2.

Hello to know some things in this hearing "According to GRY-OnLine, part of the next series of Test Drive Unlimited, is in development for PC and Xbox 360. The game is expected to come in 2008, but exactly when is not clear.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 will include licensed vehicles on the most famous automobile companies such as Ferrari, Maserati, Bugatti, Pagani, Saleen, McLaren and others. The new game will be in off road cars (with 2 and 4 wheels), 4x4 jeeps and cars, motorcycles and ATV-s. Will attend and brands such as Lamborghini LM005, Mercedes GL, Audi Q7, Hummer, Range Rover, VW Touareg and many others.

Gamers will have the opportunity to drive their vehicles at various coverings - streets, highways and black (off road) routes. The total length of these roads and streets will exceed 2400 kilometers (!). Weather also is a variable will be changed from foggy to rainy, sunny, even if there will be storms from time to time. Surprise is that the day will change to night. There are several new options multipleyar.

We hope this rumor to be fact, and soon you the trailers and screenshots of the new Test Drive Unlimited 2. Thanks in advance and tell or write a personal message about it that I have no patience to game . Thanks in advance

Hello to know some things in this hearing "According to GRY-OnLine, part of the next series of Test Drive Unlimited, is in development for PC and Xbox 360. The game is expected to come in 2008, but exactly when is not clear.

amm we are in 2009 o.O that means the game is really coming lately out or its just a small mistake :P

• 2 weeks later...
;159690']1. There would be more ruined cars' date=' and the bodykits are all ugly, [...']

Nay. Yes, they may be ugly. So what? It's a game. If people want to ruin their cars...

Me personally, even in NFS, little as I've played these late games, I still always likes the stock body best of all.

2. They should just focus on a huge range of cars, that way the cars 3D models look good. If they put in mods, it would detract from the effort on car bodies.

Why not do both? You don't have Atari design the bodykits? Trust it to the community! Give the game a proper plug-in system like in Fallout 3. Well, hoping for GECK is too much, but at least make a simple tool for players to stuff their bodykit into an in-game shop and release it. And then let anyone design as many body kits as they want.

[ In online games, this might increase server load, but that's easily solved by only loading bodykits on cars than are near you - or, better even, introducing a peer-to-peer connection for this data. And only if the player turns the option on. ]

There's some stuff that requires professionals, such as coding, and a lot more that doesn't. Not just custom challenges, but models and textures. And a lot more.

2. Car customization is ok, but WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT IS that the game needs to have accurate physics data. The gear ratios on our cars in TDU is way off. The acceleration and top speed just isn't quite the same as real cars.

That's not the most important bit. This is just a minute inaccuracy.

The biggest letdown in TDU for me is physics engine itself. It's not just that it's unrealistic, rather it's unrealistic and not fun.

Try and play NFS Porsche Unleashed. Yes, the physics aren't super-realistic, but it's just the feel of the thing. It feels absolutely mechanical. You can feel the wheels, how they are touching the road, how good the road is, how much grip do you have. You can feel the car's engine and transmission. On the screen, the car actually tilts in turns, depending on how stiff the suspension is, and the weight shift affects everything. The tires and the brakes squeal in hard corners, and you feel it through the wheel as well. You can almost play it blindfolded, for you can always tell what car you're driving and at what speed just through the wheel. You don't doubt for a moment that there's a real rack and pinion in front of you.

A minute drawback is that with the exception of a few tracks, the road is always dry and the tires are apparently soft (not the stock kind, but quality performance road tires), but can you call it a drawback even? It's loads of fun, it's more fun even than rFactor or Dirt.

In TDU, it feels like you're driving a hovercraft. There's no grip at all. IRL, if you turn the wheels to the lock and step on the throttle, you make a bit rough U-turn. In TDU, the vehicle just spins out in a cloud of smoke. IRL, the car only lets go after you overstep the limit. In TDU, it seems to be hydroplaning all the time. Negotiating corners is no fun, it's solely a matter of braking enough before entering the corner - playing with throttle and brakes through it is pointless.

High-speed driving is even worse. IRL cars keep their direction very strongly, you need to wrestle them away from it, while in TDU they're just waiting for a finger touch to the wheel to turn 45 degrees. And it's better not to mention the force feedback, what is it connected to - a randomizer?

Of course, it's nowhere as terrible as Need For Speed (any other than Porsche Unleashed), but being better than that is not much of an achievement.

Really, if they just fix the physics, it won't be a game any longer - it will be a drug.

[mod edit:] Please do not double post, use the edit button, thanks!

WOW, do you think it will be set in Oaho again. I don't think they can create another island in that short amount of time. Anyway, i'm a little skeptical about how true this is and if it is there is NO WAY it will come out in March, it will be when the new xbox comes out or maybe the next one after that.

well the part that says they will probably not create a new island or place might not be correct cause if u look at the top left of this picture you'll see a globe so there could be a chance of that

• 3 weeks later...

hi, there,

i think that the most suitable place for tdu2 is the alps. yes, they are not an island, but it will be the most wonderful place to drive exotic cars... spagetti roads, beautiful landscapes and so on...

The only thing about having a landlocked city/region is: How are the boundaries going to be formed? I, for one, do not want an "ETS Style" barrier going across everything.

Maybe if the boundaries are formed like "The Getaway" that'd work.