We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Oh goody it begins ...TDU2 announced prematurely?

Eudemon

Oh looky looky what day it is today (in some parts of the world anyway) and lo and behold what appears in my email inbox? Why some supposed evidence that an announcement about TDU2 was made early and has since now been removed. I have to admit though, the email looked genuine, I mean it looks like it took 5 maybe 8 mins to type out but even after reading all that and checking the mail headers I arrived at 2 little attachments, well not really little but 2 images attached and when I viewed them I have to admit my scepticism subsided a little.

Now it's your turn, could this be a very cruel test of an April Fool's joke by Atari but someone managed to snag an image of it or is it somewhat true and there is an announcement coming uhh ...."soon".

I'll leave it you guys to ponder and please keep it civil, thanks.

UPDATE#1

Received an email this morning (01/04 / 04/01) showing a supposed screen capture of Google's cached version of the infogrames page. Anyone got the time to check this?

Check attachments 4 & 5 for email and screenshot itself.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that really makes me think "hmmm...?" is the image isn't Photoshopped or nothing, ok it's cropped but there's nothing been marked out as it's very easy to see when someone has tried to hide or clone stamp something just by brightening the image up.

well maybe, but why take it off, and why the day before April fool, if it is true great news but if not, i'm not bothered as i know tdu has been a huge success so they would be stupid not to continue the title

From the way I saw it, the second image looks like he's tried to get the article but it's not there BUT the text link was not removed and is still viewable along with the link to it. If you try the link itself it just redirects back to the main homepage.

we know TDU2 is in the pipeline allready dont we, i mean, vibroboy was whispering about the choice of island even before TDU1 came out

and now i cant find his post cause MANY of the users have been deleted from the atari forums database, their posts now registering as ones of guests.

Gaming_guy and Craigie22 being the biggest ones i noticed, but vibroboy is too

AND NOW I CANT BLEEDING FIND VIBROBOY'S POSTS BECAUSE ALL HIS POSTS ARE 'GUEST' ONES

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH

*rips out hair*

I doubt it.

However, TDU has been around on XBOX 360 since 16th September 2006, so It could be possible for an early 2009 release.

Maybe Atari/Eden are just planning for it.

I dunno, there is evidence to prove it's real, and the same for fake.

I don't get it? Have you actually removed a screen-shot which is why I'm confussed, as there is the cached thingy screen-shot ... or are (unlikely) being a rebel and leaving it on there? Sorry for me being confussed ... but it's annoying :p

Some please explain this to me :p

As Dodgem said we know its in the pipeline but for Tenebra to ask for the pics to be removed then it does make you think why she's asked. Ok we weren't meant to see that but its as if they are trying to keep it quiet for some reason.

Shame we couldn't see the press release then we would know what was going on.