We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Corvette ZR-1 goes around the Nordschleife in 7:26.4!

Mb

They Nordschleife record has ben beaten AGAIN!

This time the Corvette ZR-1 was faster then the Pagani Zonda F.

The ZR-1 has 647 pk and 819 Nm which is enough to get to speeds up to 330km/u

chevrolet_corvette_zr1-fast.jpg

Nissan GT-R Fanboys just got pwnd so hard:D

The GTR is so easy to drive. 4wd and not more then 500bhp i believe, don't even care.

This has RWD and almost 650bhp! Incredible performance, and this was just a GM Engineer that drove.. Guess what happens when you put Sabine Schmitz in it!

ROFL, it may be fast round a track in the hands of a very talented driver, but an inexperienced driver will lap a GTR faster than the ZR1....

If you read my post a bove yours, it was driven by a GM Engineer from the USA. You think he knew every aspect on the ring, and he is a "talented" driver? Don't really think so.:rolleyes:

*Awaits Nige to arrive a say how great the Vette is compared to other EU cars* (j/k)

Seems like once a month the records being beat but at the end of the day they may get round the Ring that quick but no one else is gonna get near when they buy one, unless they are a racing driver.

Good on GM for getting this but why the typical PR nonsense of trying to make out that the GM engineer was somehow inferior and thus the car is better than it was. Why can't they just say right look at this, we got the car round in this time, well done brilliant. Ah but well you know we put one of our engineers in the car, yeah so? Well he can't drive as well as a racing driver, uh huh and you expect us to believe that any normal driver could pilot a high powered car through the most notorious and dangerous track on the planet just because of what the car is right?

BIG CORPORATE SMILE.

If you read my post a bove yours, it was driven by a GM Engineer from the USA. You think he knew every aspect on the ring, and he is a "talented" driver? Don't really think so.:rolleyes:

Ever thought that maybe I was typing that out during your post?

I'm still reluctant to believe this, especially considering that a race version of its baby brother (the C6R) still couldn't beat a car based on the luxury GT that is the DBR9, seriously. the whole CTS-V situation just makes me raise an eyebrow at the whole GM PR machine.