We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My new car... Ford Egde Ltd.

TimBud

After hassles with stupid UAE procedures for loans and vehicle registration, I finally drove away in my new car today :)

3.5l V6 with 265bhp. Not super fast but, for a CUV its pretty decent.

Has electric everything, which is a real novelty for me... even a keycode lock system.

Full leather interior with 'vista' roof for when you need to see the sky :rolleyes:

The Ford guys in the UAE are offering some real good deals right now.

They gave me free insurance/registration/3yrs servicing/5yr engine and gearbox warranty... and a sunscreen for the windscreen. :p

I don't think its available in Europe (yet), definitely not in the UK.

It has a 20 gallon tank which will cost the equivalent of about £14 to fill up! :)

If I'm careful it will to 20mpg :cheeky:

Ever thought of buying in bulk and shipping it over to here and selling it off a rip off prices??

Ever thought of buying in bulk and shipping it over to here and selling it off a rip off prices??

I'm seriously considering importing when we move back the UK. On average car prices over here are about a third of UK prices... so I could easily make a bit of profit if I was that bothered.

VERY nice, i love that Ford have finally come out with a nice crossover. Yeah, it's not out over here in the UK yet, but i saw a fair amount in the US on holiday. Must sound pretty good with a 3.5 V6 too.

Haven't pushed it enough yet to hear the engine properly. Only another 930kms to go before I can do that. :(

I was on about the petrol ;)

ooops :o

either way I could make some easy money :)

Wow, that's one good looking car! The chrome grill, tail lights, and I really like the dials and meters inside :cheeky:

Yeah it is! :p

I was originally planning to get a Toyota FJ Cruiser or a Nissan XTerra, but I saw an Edge outside the showroom and that was it. I bet the dealer saw me coming a mile off. :rolleyes:

That's a good looking car... Better then the fugly Kuga :p Nice buy, the chrome grill is very pretty.

Nice car but I absolutely disagree with randomus. The Kuga is the better looking for me than the Flex especially in the front. I think the Kuga is the better car at all. But no offense, dude, it`s still a great car, just not the best. :)

The Kuga is the better looking for me than the Flex especially in the front. I think the Kuga is the better car at all. :)

I don't have a Flex?!

I have an Edge.

Plus the Kuga is quite a bit cheaper because its marketed to the UK. Its not really a car you can compare the Edge to. oh except that its a CUV (apparantly), but with only a 2l engine it won't have much power.

I don't think its available in Europe (yet), definitely not in the UK.

It has a 20 gallon tank which will cost the equivalent of about £14 to fill up! :)

If I'm careful it will to 20mpg :cheeky:

£14!!! It costs me roughly £50-£60 to fill up a Fiat Punto 1.2 now!

Also, 20 MPG!?! I had a 1975 Land Rover that did that MPG...

When the s**t really hits the proverbial fan, in terms of oil, the UAE will probably be hit pretty hard. We'll hardly notice it in the UK with all the tax on oil. Seriously, at least two thirds of what we pay for petrol is tax...

That car is nice though, shiny things are very distracting...

LOL, when that happens the UK will definitely notice it!

Countries like the UAE will stop exporting their oil and keep it for themselves...

But its safe here for another 50-100 years, easy. Saudi has enough for 300 years apparently. And the North Sea reserves are not doing to badly either.

When it does all kick off though, it won't matter what size engine you have, because you won't be able to get any fuel.

:)