We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What software do you use??

Nodz86

I'm looking to get some phot editing software but not sure what to get and the difference between them all, so I was wondering what you lot use.

I cant afford the stupidly expensive CS3 plus CS4 is due out soon aparently but Elements 6 is in my price range.

Also whats Coreldraw like is that any good.

The software is mainly going to be used for manipulating pistures and making skins for ETS and other games.

All help/opinions appreciated

Photoshop Elements is useless, we have it in college and I can't stand it, very un-user friendly.

I'm not that Keen on Cs3 either, CS2 is the best for me, I've tried a lot of the Photoshop versions and CS2 is the best in my opinion, GUI is good, easy to use, most tutorials on the net are directed for CS2.

• 2 weeks later...

Photoshop CS3, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4, Phohotshop Elements.

Adobe Photoshop and Cordel DRAW Photo-Paint work very simillarly. I prefer Photoshop, as that's what I've always used. However the person I sit next to in Graphics is able to do very good things with Photo-Paint too :)

However I still think Photoshop is ever so slightly better.

Paint.NET and GIMP are excellent free packages. GIMP is the best as they nicked code from Photoshop, then weren't allowed to sell it because of that!

• 3 months later...