We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 not in 2009?

Eudemon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while back Pere and I went looking to see if they`ll add the cars from the 6th 360 DLC to the PC version, after some number hunting we found them. They said that there would be a TDU2 and that it too would be set on some tropical island, but that was this past summer, so could change :/

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I agree completely RAPTOR, lol, I dont care when it comes out, I'm getting it the very first day it comes out! Provided it's for PC that is... I dont think I could handle seeing it splashed on the XBox shelves, taunting me!

I agree completely RAPTOR, lol, I dont care when it comes out, I'm getting it the very first day it comes out! Provided it's for PC that is... I dont think I could handle seeing it splashed on the XBox shelves, taunting me!

Lol what would you do if it was?:p

But really if the first one was for PC then the sequel should be too.:thumbsup:

What would I do if I saw TDU2 for XBox in the shops before PC? I would probably go home, sit at my desk and just stare at my wheel while twitching every now and then :P . Unfortunately, if previous patterns are anything to go by, then I think they'll do the same as the first TDU and release it initially on XBox and later port it over to other platforms.

What would I do if I saw TDU2 for XBox in the shops before PC? I would probably go home, sit at my desk and just stare at my wheel while twitching every now and then :P . Unfortunately, if previous patterns are anything to go by, then I think they'll do the same as the first TDU and release it initially on XBox and later port it over to other platforms.

No no no, you are totally wrong. You'd do the smart thing and buy and xbox 360 :cheeky:

If you're paying for it then that sounds like a plan :D however, as a student, I blew my entire year's worth of money in one month on expensive musical equipment (and alcohol) and therefore my diet now primarily consists of baked beans and pasta.

Back on topic though, is there any particular reason why the XBox was the first platform for TDU? Was it easier to code or something?

Back on topic though, is there any particular reason why the XBox was the first platform for TDU? Was it easier to code or something?

Yes, essentially. You don't have to worry too much about the networking/authentication/online servers etc. type thing, because you use Live and MS servers, but all of that had to be created from scratch for the PC version. Secondly QA for the X360 is much more straightforward - you only have one or two exact specifications to test against, and I there are several companies (MS even I expect) who can perform testing for you. On the PC there are almost unlimited variations in hardware and software to test against, so QA takes longer.