We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Calster's "Fleet"

calster17

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've even seen the facelifted ZS before, do that :nods: Get the engine later :p

The 45/ZS are the rarest of the 3 I find, the facelift's even more so.

When I was last at the pub talking about it, we got to thinking how the KV6 engine(Rovers 2.5 V6) should slot right into my car...which would be an idea over a Honda engine. :cool:

Some small 'upgrades' to the look of the car.

Covered the 'wood inside with some sticker wrap.

8713431215_80669c1e9b_b.jpg

The Dash. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

Personally it's came out really well, some small air bubbles sadly, but It looks fine now it's been there a few weeks. Just done the top part for now, still not sure whether to do the rest (around the Vent switches, down by the gear lever & handbrake). If anyone's intrested, this is the wrap i used.

8713431209_690f3102f4_b.jpg

The Civic's Engine. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

An engine shot, relised I haddent put one up as of yet. The writing was done by my friends...

Will be painting the rocker cover soon, waiting on a rocker gasket to come first & going to do them in a onner. Shand blasting FTW! :D

And the newest thing, the Boot cover cover.

8714552928_c94829b407_b.jpg

Boot Cover, Cover. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

Why the Finish flag? Small boring story why.

Oh, Btw I know it's the wrong way in the picture, it's been changed to be the right way since then. :)

More to come soon, such as the alloys I've picked. :nods:

What's with the GTA4 blue filter on your photos?

I got a new phone(Sony Xperia), they all seem to be like that when the sun's out.

Had a look under my car at work, found the hole in the exhaust, sadly it's over a bracket so slapping a bean can over it wont be easy....going to try some repair paste and see if that'll hold out until I get a new exhaust, the whole system is rusted badly.

Also getting a new sticker made up for the car. :D

Leme guess the sticker name.... Blown Exhausts? :D

I see what you did there. :lol:

Nah, "I drive your Granddads car, It drives incredible". Was going to get it if I got the 75. When I see other Civic MA,B or C's it's always older people behind the wheel, and I like the song Thrift Shop

• 3 weeks later...

The blueness has been sorted on my phone, someone had left the protective film on it.....

Anyway, a few updates on the car.

Last weekend I got round to patching up the exhaust, the hole was the size of a golf ball...and was before the silencer. I also fitted my rocker cover gasket, as well as checked the tappets. All of them were fine, other than the inlet's for 4th cylinder which are a bit loose, but will be adjusting them when give the rocker cover a sandblast and re-paint. All thats left to fix is the rear wheel bearing, which I'll be getting done by September. :nods:

Now One thing that is baffling me is i'm loosing oil somewhere, its the head gasket and it's not leaking out the sump. Unless I'm burning oil, but it does't seem to be doing that ether! But when you top up your oil every weekend due to it...I really don't think it was the oil leaking out where the rocker cover gasket had broke! :-x

Next up is the new alloys, which I'm ordering next week! So expect to see them on when I get back from being in Edinburgh. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Look at this piece of crap I found in Fraserburgh today!

*Pic of epic car*

:D

I should feel flattered, a random took a picture of my car! :D Who needa a supercar! ;)

Also being Fraserburgh, you should know everything is crap. ;)

Should have left a note in the window or something. :nods: Also did you miss the Austin Maestro just down from 'Wolf'?

On another note, they arrived!

295642_10151609098711132_1127113316_n.jpg

419046_10151605579801132_1107367516_n.jpg

The Alloys are Caliber Eclipse's,with Falken ZE912's. Now need to lower her slightly.

Nice. The 912s are brilliant tyres for me. Will look much better when lowered too.

I'm finding them really good, actually seeing an advantage in grip than before, making it more like the Clio was! The alloys are bigger & wider than the original Honda ones though, now 15" by 195(all round), and the Alloys are offset by +38 which has brought them inline with the wheelarch.

Good thing I did get new alloys, although the tread on the front tyres was fine, the sidewalls on the inside were cracked all round, and quite deep in places. Rears ones were fine though(look new still, thank you last owner)

With lowering it, I'm not wanting to go too low, so for now I'm going to settle with some MG ZS springs & dampers, as being the same car as mine, they fit right on and are lower than the Honda/Rover setting. Will play around and see, wanting it for handling as opposed to looks, even if there is a bit of gap between the wheel and arch.

With lowering it, I'm not wanting to go too low...

Meh, that rim style screams to me Stance Nation!! If you're going for handling though, screw springs. You want coilovers. Springs are mainly for appearance, some even worsen handling. If I were you I'd either save up for coils or buy swaybars and then save for coils later.

I'm still new to what to do for suspension and whats better for what. :nods:

I'm going to be getting rear anti-roll bars off a Rover 45 or MG ZS soon though, I'd like to get her lowered by the 27th of July but wanting to keep the money(Spent near £700 on the Alloys/Tyres and a Gun)

I've got to fix the exhaust first though, the downpipe & the Cat are no longer connected, so you can guess how loud it is, not to mention the vibrations & smell i'm getting. Got a new downpipe & middlepipe(current one is patched up alreday with a bean can by myself) and the cat on it is okay to keep useing. So hopefully fixing it tomorrow.

I'm finding them really good, actually seeing an advantage in grip than before, making it more like the Clio was! The alloys are bigger & wider than the original Honda ones though, now 15" by 195(all round), and the Alloys are offset by +38 which has brought them inline with the wheelarch.

Good thing I did get new alloys, although the tread on the front tyres was fine, the sidewalls on the inside were cracked all round, and quite deep in places. Rears ones were fine though(look new still, thank you last owner)

With lowering it, I'm not wanting to go too low, so for now I'm going to settle with some MG ZS springs & dampers, as being the same car as mine, they fit right on and are lower than the Honda/Rover setting. Will play around and see, wanting it for handling as opposed to looks, even if there is a bit of gap between the wheel and arch.

Good idea, it's what I'm doing too. The only reason I got pretty much new everything for my suspension is to get it setup properly for fast road and it should handle miles better. I could drop it pretty much to the floor and give it stupid amounts of negative camber or "stance" but to me it looks ridiculous and will also make it handle like a damp flannel.

Aren't those Work Equip replicas?

They are replicas, at £350 for just 1 Equip 03 alloy with no tyre...well you can guess. :lol

Good idea, it's what I'm doing too. The only reason I got pretty much new everything for my suspension is to get it setup properly for fast road and it should handle miles better. I could drop it pretty much to the floor and give it stupid amounts of negative camber or "stance" but to me it looks ridiculous and will also make it handle like a damp flannel.

Yeah, rather it handles and I get fun from her, than have it as a show car and have to worry about speed bumps & pot holes!

Should have left a note in the window or something. :nods: Also did you miss the Austin Maestro just down from 'Wolf'?

I saw that, yes.

Also, you bloody copy cat! I've had mine since September!

I love all this talk about modifying suspension for handling. Mine is fine-handling as it is! It's been through Glen Shee several times at perfectly legal speeds, honest. Also, I cannot see the point in lowering my MX-5. It's low enough as it is. I've already got scrapes on the underside of the front bumper!