We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ye Olde Man of TDU-C Returneth

YeOldeTDUMan

Well I'm back ...

OK here goes ...

Firstly I WON'T be on the forum as much as I used to ... I was on here way too much for my own good ... so I'll be online on the occasional lunchtime (yes I work ... you'll realise that's important later) and occasionally in the evening when I get home from work ... and perhaps a bit at weekends

So for those of you who don't know me ...

I'm the Elder one ...

Yeap I'm old ... for most of you I'm most probably the age of your parents ! Or at least old enough to be your parent if you're from my neck of the woods !!!!!

I work in the CAR INDUSTRY ... well sort of ... I'm an engineering consultant ... and so I DO KNOW A LOT ABOUT CARS ... so I won't be excused for some of the rants I WILL have on the forum (oh I also read a lot of car websites and I have a brain that absorbs pointless car facts) ... this does mean recently times have been tough, but thankfully I recently (relatively) made the correct career choice and unlike 95% of my friends / ex work colleagues I still have a job ... so be warned I have very outspoken views about the state of the world at the moment.

So what have I been up to in my absense from the forum (I haven't even 'lurked') ... well the usual ... working (too much) ... driving my Alfa (too much) ... and still playing on the 360 (... well you know how it goes by now) ... the current stuff I'm enjoying are ... Fallout 3, GTA4-TLAD, Forza 2, RacePro (I haven't done much but I like it) and of course TDU still has a place in my heart (there might be another "Hybrid Presents ..." competition at some point in the near-ish future)

Well that's about it ...

So watch out for threads from me ...

Cos I'm back !

hey man, it's a pleasure to have you back! glad you're still good and that your alfa isn't being you know, an alfa. (I.e. you can still drive it, it's not an the side of the A55 with a broken everything :p)

hopefully we see the arse end of this recession very soon, most people i know are having it quite hard about now. good luck to you, and good luck to their friends, i hope they find new jobs soon.

Who's old? You?! Come on Hybrid u made me laugh :D I wonder what u gonna say about ur age in 20 years or so.

Actually u r in the best years of ur life mate! Experienced enough to do properly whatever u do, young enough to have body to give u support in this.

Kids? Sometimes they could be kinda 'obstruction element' in this scenario...believe me I know, have 3 of them...but hey, u gotta love them :cheeky:

I'm few years older than u, still have decent job in architecture designing don't know if it gonna change soon...nobody does.

...enjoying this while it lasts....

good to c u here again :cheers: