We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

General Motors vs. Chrysler Corporation vs. Ford Motor Company

gingervette

Which do you think is best?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is best?

• General Motors
    • Chrysler Corporation
    • Ford Motor Company

It's the classic American debate. So which do you think is best?

I believe the best is General Motors. They have the Corvette, the Camaro, the CTS, the Escalade, and lots of other great vehicles. :) I will be a Chevy lovin' man until the day I die!

I've never liked American cars. Everything Ford makes is soulless and pointless though the guy who lives next to my house in Bankstown has a Mondeo, which is quite nice looking if nothing else.

Chrysler has Dodge, which makes the Viper, but it also makes the Ram, Charger and Challenger, so it balances out. And I don't think anything good has ever come out under Chrysler's name.

GM...well it owns everything. I walked down the street this morning and saw many Holdens and a Daewoo. My friend owns a Z06, which is good from a distance, but its plasticy outside is awful. Cadillac makes the CTS-V which is possibly the worst looking car ever made. Hummer's are good for stretch Limos only, I've never even seen a Buick, Pontiac have had there day in the sun and should be killed off and I lived in Qing Xi for two months and saw just one Wuling, so they can't be great.

I vote for GM, solely because it made the Saab 99. Which, depsite the fact it is Swedish, beat my Toyota in an off-road Rally two weeks ago.

I prefer Ford to the other two. Ford to me, seems to have more refinement than the other two, from experience from at least one of the cars from each manufacture.

Chrysler:

I've never been a fan of Chrysler due to their quality and the fact they don't handle well (rented a 300 in Puerto Rico)....excluding the Dodge Viper, but maybe a 300C might change my mind.

General Motors:

With GM, I'm impressed with interior quality in the Escalade, but I need to be in a lot more cars to be sure (been in Escalade and DTS). What I don't like is their powertrains in some of their cars. The Escalade has problems deciding to shift gears with two overdrive gears (probably because it's a rental), but there is no center console. I'm not a fanboy of GM, but I don't want them to die. There's the CTS-V, Corvette (one of my favorite sports cars), and Camaro.

Ford:

I'm impressed with how they've changed. Quality has changed, but then again everyone has. Powertrains are getting a lot better with plenty of power and refinement (like GM), although I wish they would have more powerful engine in the 3rd generation Navigator. They've always seem to meet my family's needs and right now, they are doing better financially then the other two, and haven't taken any bailout money yet. I forever will be a Ford fanboy, and no day in my life I'll change to the other two. Plus, they made the first premium full-size luxury SUV from America, and also made the first American premium full-size luxury SUV with IRS!

Don't forget the Ford GT!

Tehe, what a manly car there Speed :p

GM may have lots of supposedly good cars, but they do own every brand that ever was, so it's not exactly fair to say that they are greatest. I tihnk FPV is one of the greatest things in motoring though, so my vote goes to Ford; just not their American operations.