We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Using a Volkswagen Jetta TDi until a replacement can be found for my Yaris. Been doing a lot of comparing to my Camry in case my next sedan prchase is not a Toyota. It drives ok, braking is too responsive though and it sounds like a truck, and I got it up to 150 yesterday - I don't like the fact it has a seventh gear, but else I do quite like the DSG system and the creature comforts not found in the Toyota.

Guest turbo lag

Yep, the Versa thing is an old person's car. :(

Anyway we got the Legacy back a couple of days ago, looking all fresh. There's still a bit of a sign of a dent but it's only underneath the wheel arch that you can see it. Oh well.

Guest turbo lag

Ouch, that sucks major. At least it wasn't a hit and run I suppose or you'd have to foot the bill or whatever. I know what it's like to lose a car completely, but I hope you get something nice as a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have two vehicles currently. The first is a camper converion (work in progress) on this little beast, smokes through traffic surprisingly well even with the lights removed.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z23/Rebuilda/Automotive/DSC00979.jpg

And the daily driver is a little smaller and a whole lot more fun.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z23/Rebuilda/Automotive/IMG_4824-1-1.jpg

Roof off is a bit windy, roof and windows off it's like sitting in a hurricane at 70mph.

Got another of these in the garage but it's been modified to have popup headlamps and no bulges. Looks totally different and much more up to date.

Oh yes she is ;) Drove a alfa test car last winter and i was in love. This is my first alfa and it sure is not my last :D

My 75 is my first car :twisted: And this is love for life :) My co-clubmembers says, that Alfa-owners has strong heart, but weak mind :monkeydance:

My 75 is my first car :twisted: And this is love for life :) My co-clubmembers says, that Alfa-owners has strong heart, but weak mind :monkeydance:

Haha that is true =D alfas are really bad cars really but there is something about them when you look at them and drive them that just feels right!

Well the engines are never bad and the chassi design is flawless but when it comes to panels and electric stuff it just falls apart :D

It's not plagued by rust? Looks good. Nice car.

Actually no! i was really suprised when i first saw it. i was expecting it to be.. well brown =P

Turns out it has been in a garage for 19 years and has been "rust" fixed and painted twice.