We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

The Focus is actually very good in the snow. I wasn't expecting that!

I wasn't expecting to get off the driveway where I was parked, let alone make it back home and up an icy snow covered road. Well, I almost got it home, just 1 foot away from where it's usually parked.

I just stayed at my mums last night as even the A-Roads were getting covered with snow a couple of hours before we got back. That and my step-dad slid my mums Golf into the kirb when turning into their road then slid 20 foot sideways towards a parked car but managed to save it, but he was going a few MPH too fast, took some small chunks out of the alloy wheel and put some scuffs on it which my mum isn't happy about. I didn't want to risk it in the end seeing as the last mile or so to my house is all steep hills.

Came home this morning and only wheel span once on a section of road where no-one had been, wasn't even at 1/4 throttle, but the wheels span.

Sounds like your step-dad isn't a very good driver after reading the last few pages. :p

I only got one bit of wheel spin on the road too thanks to some kids who were trying to build a snow wall at a junction. :fp:

He's just a bit arrogant when it comes to things like driving in snow, he always seems to forget he isn't in his Series 2 Land Rover.

First weekend mines gone without a wash since I passed my driving test, lol. Admittedly it isn't too bad at the moment, I think it's partly due to the snow cleaning some of it off as it does. Could've washed it yesterday, but due to there being water on the roads which usually turns into mud by way of magic before it hits my car and the fact that the hose pipe was probably frozen from the snow I decided to leave it.