We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Does anyone have any tips on how to stop the windscreen misting up over night?

All of the windows and rear view mirror mist up quite badly. I've tried cleaning the windows but that didn't help too much.

I've checked everywhere in the car and there are no bottles, cans or anything that's had drinks in it so I don't know why it's so bad.

:panic:

^Welp, it seems you guys certainly do like your hardtops. :cheeky:

But seriously though, nice collection of Miatas. They really are good fun little cars, so many people on campus here have them. Before I thought they were girly cars, but they actually are great drivers cars.

Yes, yes we do :cheeky: But the soft top is on the silver one now and I think we put the hardtop back on the red one after a while.

They're amazing cars, people are too quick to judge, they have no power steering, no ABS, no traction control, can compete with cars on the road and track under $100k and give them a run for their money, they put alot of "cool cars" to shame, and they mainly give you a better driving experience overall, and it's based off a famous british roadster of the '60s...and it's a girls car? Riiiiight...:rolleyes:

Does anyone have any tips on how to stop the windscreen misting up over night?

All of the windows and rear view mirror mist up quite badly. I've tried cleaning the windows but that didn't help too much.

I've checked everywhere in the car and there are no bottles, cans or anything that's had drinks in it so I don't know why it's so bad.

:panic:

I haven't tested this theory myself but have you tried washing with HOT water? Maybe try using the in car heater in the morning? I dunno..

...or maybe pour lava on your car? Here's a bucket of it :lol:

Lavabucket.PNG

And don't be one of those tightwads who manually turns off the A/C to save fuel, in modern cars the front window demister works quicker when the A/C is on, so just leave it in auto.

Some people however recommend turning off the A/C five minutes before you turn off the car to avoid getting a musty smell inside the cabin.

Decided to get a few shots, here you go guys;

006y05435Gz.jpg

006x05435Gz.jpg

006u05435Gz.jpg

006v05435Gz.jpg

The B6ZE...might not seem like much but for something like this (a roadster), it's amazing, for a car that handles so well and puts lots of other cars to shame.

http://i3.tagstat.com/image09/c/5aa3/006w05435Gz.jpg

Koko takes the wheel! :L

006z05435Gz.jpg

I really gotta find the factory short shifter, and fast .___.;

[mod edit:] Please don't post pictures above 800kB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead.

In our car, A/C turns itself on each time the car is started, and i do not think that can be changed, checked profile options, not exhaustively though.

Eh, i am quite sure the fuel efficiency is not THAT different with it off, so we just dont bother. I wish, though, we could set START STOP not to turn itself on after each start or after we kick into eco pro mode

A/C on uses quite a bit of fuel on a cold morning for me. Takes the idle usage from 0.5gallons per hour to 0.7/8 per hour. :eek:

A/C off but the heater still on puts it to 0.6 per hour until the engine warms up then it goes to 0.1 which isn't too bad I suppose.

Seems I forgot to say here that I visited the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart and BMW Welt + Museum in Munich. :hmmm: Both of them were outstanding of course, the Merc Museum is bigger and I would say more decorated, while the BMW Museum is intimate. The car that we went there in was great too. My sister's boyfriend rented a BMW 525d xDrive Touring and boy it's the best car I've ever driven. :eek: It had M Sport package, Alcantara/Cloth seats and Alpine White color, so basically it had same options as our E91. I'd rather have a 530d or better a 530i as the 25d engine is pretty loud and not that fast combined with xDrive.

I'm in love.