We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Registration

Kinder

Seriously, that ain't as hard as it sounds. All truck- and bussims, and even cargames from Russian non-professional companies, have that stuff, and custom plates were in MBWR, WR2 and NFS4 always had an empty plate with the name you gave your profile in the main menu.

Then please go do it, honestly I would buy it if you made a TDU-like game and had all the features we want.

I just can't stand the entitlement this game has brought. Have we ever seen custom plates in TDU2? Have we ever seen working gas stations? Have we ever seen sim physics? The answers to all those are no. All I see on this forum anymore is people bitching about features they were never, not even promised, but not even told would be a possibility.

It would be a whole different ballgame if they told us we were getting this stuff, but there is nothing (at least off the top of my head) that they said they would give us that they hadn't. If you don't like how they made the game, don't buy it, very simple. I'm just overjoyed that they made it at all. This isn't specifically aimed at you, just at all of the complainers.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference between not that hard to do, and for me possible to do. You go ask a mechanic to take out the engine, he'll know what to do, whereas a normal person might start it up and keep revving it in neutral till it races out of the enginebay. I never said I myself can do it, I'm saying that it has been done in games that had lot lower budgets, less skilled people, and more simple gamestructures (I doubt 18 WoS is more complex than GTA IV).

Have we seen custom plates? No and yes, because we did see the Photoshopped pictures after the playtest at NBP for Diablo and Fabien, where the Lotus Esprit had a plate with DIABLO on it. I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking for a long time that was actually possible, since nobody said immediately it was just image editing.

The simphysics is something that comes from both the beta experiences, as from the fact cars seem to rotate odd when making turns in the countless trailers. This was first said to be a consequence of the replay function using a different handling or physics system which was not very up to date at that point, however people also complained after the beta, which ran for quite a while. They promised us a good and fresh newly build driving model, but people were very disappointed even knowing TDU2 won't be a sim game, because many consider the cars to react odd to the movements they have to do. I don't know if you played the beta but if you haven't you won't understand this point. I can tell you that at its best, people will not rest on this case until the game is actually out.

Despite not a true promise, we have clearly seen three images of the SLK55 AMG having a fuelgauge next to the big RPM-gauge in a screenshot with a darktinted male driver where the weatherconditions were demonstrated. Devs eventually confirmed they tested it, and removed it from the game *while it was a rather much-requested feature*, but they also said they might add a similar thing to new gamemodes after release.

And in the end, you're wrong with stuff not being a possibility because Eden said often enough the DLC period will be as long as there's a big demand for it, and they are prepared to consider anything, up to new gamemodes and perhaps even a new location, although that will be a tough job.

Also, I like TDU2 as it is already, and I'm buying it, but why aren't we allowed to say what we wanted to see? That's how TDU2 got the stuff TDU1 didn't, and that's how it will continue to go if Eden keeps listening as they do now. That's progress, and looking at such community wishes makes the next game even better.

I don't think people complain that much, if that were to be true, people would still be whining about the disappointing car list. I think its perfectly normal for people to complain, that is the whole reason there are forums, so that people can express their idea of what the game is or should be. If most people think the game is flawed and that a lot of features could be added, than you can say they are complaining, I would rather say they are doing their job as fans.

They are not making this game for charity, we will pay for the game, we fans will be the ones that will say with our own wallets if there is gonna be a TDU3. Plus I think its normal for people to ask for fuel, license plates and stuff because this is a game that tries to represent real life after all. And even more normal is for people to ask for good physics and engine sounds after 4 years of development.

I understand your concerns, but this is a one of a kind game, so I think its natural for people to wish the game had a lot more.:)

Most are complaining about features they don't get though and I just don't believe Eden would test something, have it work and then leave it out on purpose. It defies all logic.

They tested it, it sort of worked, and they left it out because they thought it was not adding any fun to the driving. They also tested wipers with a rather basic system and they eventually abandoned it due to it being technically too difficult for those who were working on it. They also tried to give cars that have it in real, deep rear rims where they should be, but the final version of the game wasn't getting that because of other technical difficulties.

It's fully on purpose. They wanted to see it happening, but they just couldn't get it sorted properly enough.

They tested it, it sort of worked, and they left it out because they thought it was not adding any fun to the driving. They also tested wipers with a rather basic system and they eventually abandoned it due to it being technically too difficult for those who were working on it. They also tried to give cars that have it in real, deep rear rims where they should be, but the final version of the game wasn't getting that because of other technical difficulties.

It's fully on purpose. They wanted to see it happening, but they just couldn't get it sorted properly enough.

It's fully on purpose because the game would not have worked well with it. I would rather not have something in a game if it "sort of worked".

It's fully on purpose because the game would not have worked well with it. I would rather not have something in a game if it "sort of worked".

But that still means they did try it, and from what we heard, they never had problems with the refuelling and just threw it out because of what their faulty warrant-expired crystal ball said about how much we would like it/hate it. :p

@Andreaz: the Ford GT has the problem too, and I think there might be a few more cars in the game, dunno which ones though.

But basically to keep the discussion short: they never said they will 100% never think about including request X or Y, and as long as they don't, people will always request anything, just look at the fact people want big slow pick-up trucks, parasailing, more detailed oceans, an ability to control airplanes, etc etc.

It shows Eden we want it (-ish), they might put it in TDU3, or at least we'll have a nice bunch of conversations going on :p

...but why aren't we allowed to say what we wanted to see?

You are. We are! It's just that there's no point in pointing out these missing features when there's less than three weeks left until the game is released. Of course, after the second installment of TDU gets old and stale, it makes sense in saying what we want for the next game. ;)

TBH, I would have liked it if Eden spent more time working on adding and perfecting wipers/fuel/license plates/physics rather than spending the time giving us a thousand ways to customize the characters/houses which tbh, many of us players could care less about. I get that this game is supposed to be extremely social or whatever but when you're driving on the islands, at least for me, I could care less of how my character looks like; I'm more focused on the driving aspects of them. Regardless, I've already pre-ordered the game and will be buying it, though I am a bit disappointed since this game had the potential to be a huge success, but I guess Eden had to make compromises.

TBH, I would have liked it if Eden spent more time working on adding and perfecting wipers/fuel/license plates/physics rather than spending the time giving us a thousand ways to customize the characters/houses which tbh, many of us players could care less about. I get that this game is supposed to be extremely social or whatever but when you're driving on the islands, at least for me, I could care less of how my character looks like; I'm more focused on the driving aspects of them. Regardless, I've already pre-ordered the game and will be buying it, though I am a bit disappointed since this game had the potential to be a huge success, but I guess Eden had to make compromises.
Totally agree, i like how they've obviously tried to cater to everyone but, my only hope is they don't/havent compromised anything important, such as the cars, handling physics etc, the house/player customization is definatly something i could live without as i (and many others) will be in the interior view, driving 99% of the time, not painting walls in my house, as above i've also pre-ordered a copy and sure it will be a fantastic game.

Guys, I didn't wanted to start a flamewar or something. It's just a my POV which I wanted to share with us.

It's not like I don't appreciate new features, God no! When they confirmed new island, dindicators and nightlights and other stuff I was like 'Weeee, best day EVAR, I always wanted it in TDU!'. But then beta came around and I was massively disapointed - Ibiza was kinda small comparing to Oahu, night wasn't dark enough, indicators and lights didn't work properly (indicator draw distance was about 20 m [dunno if that makes any sense]), photomode and wheelspin were horrible.

These are little things (well except island) which could be easly fixed (I bet) or added. I'm one of people who say 'Do something properly or don't do it at all'. I really don't understand the 'We can't do anything with this because of some blablabla reasons' policy. I mean, come on Eden! Don't leave issues, face them! And listen to our propositions!

About the carlist, I was thinking about Lamborghini. Lambo is now owned by Audi. We have milions of Audis on carlist, so why can't we have a lil bit less Audis and have couple of Lambos instead? Is there anybody who will drive TT-S when we have TT-RS?

The 'money reason' is like WTF because of above point. I bet Audi licences weren't cheap either.

I really hope there will be Lambo DLC, even If I hate those cars, I know loads of people would like to have them in game.

About the customization, I completely agree with posts above. I also think I could live without it but I guess I'll spend some time making my place look good. It's one of this things you really don't need but you enjoy using them.

I was getting more and more dissapointed with every new screen/trailer they published but I'm going to preorder this game hoping they will solve issues ;)

Even better, both Zonda Cinque and Tricolore has the same set of rims.

Since they are so lazy why don't you go make your own game with interior indicators and custom plates?

I really didn't wanted to answer that because of presumptuous and provocative style in this post, but answer is simple.

I don't know completely anything about either programming or modelling. I just have no skills.

And I'm not old enough :P

I think EDEN somehow had a little trouble setting priorites. Everybody knows that most fans care the most for the cars and not character and house customization. Yet, there are more official trailers about the island and the life and whatever than about cars, so I guess its perfectly normal for people to be angry. They boast about the fact that TDU2 is all about community and fans, so I wanna know who asked for so much concern for housing and clothes instead of focusing on cars and racing itself.

As I already said I don't hate the fact that those features were added. I just thing that the importance they give to it is just too much, specially since there is so much to be done in the driving part.

• 2 weeks later...

Every new feature is welcome, but I think its kind of ridiculous the fact that you have thousands of clothes and ways of furnishing your house, but the car indicators don't even work properly. This is game about cars, the priority should be cars. I welcome every housing and clothing feature, but after they have done their work on the cars.

EDEN added decals and wall painting but removed extremely important options like the Seat Adjustment, Shake Camera or Blur Effect. Hopefully this can be all fixed with patches, but when the updates and DLCs come out, most people have already completed the game, so things won't have the same impact they would have had if they were in the final build.

I am greatly surprised by most aspects on TDU2, the graphics are awesome, specially for a game of that size. The day/night cycle, the weather and all the fun stuff, but it feels kind of bad to notice that certain small things that are easily added ir fixed were completely overlooked!

They started TDU2 from scratch, so they haven't "removed" anything (technically). I'm sure they borrowed some resources from the TDU1 development. I agree with the driving aspect receiving first priority, but I don't think everyone on the team were responsible for everything. (i.e. you'd have one group doing the car stuff, another group doing the house/avatar/customising stuff), so by the end of it all you'd have a certain amount of both. Having too many people work on one thing can be detremental sometimes.

They started TDU2 from scratch, so they haven't "removed" anything (technically). I'm sure they borrowed some resources from the TDU1 development. I agree with the driving aspect receiving first priority, but I don't think everyone on the team were responsible for everything. (i.e. you'd have one group doing the car stuff, another group doing the house/avatar/customising stuff), so by the end of it all you'd have a certain amount of both. Having too many people work on one thing can be detremental sometimes.

I couldn't agree more with your words and I am quite sure that EDEN tried their best to deliver the finest experience possible. Sometimes aggressivity and disappointment shadow reason and rationality, but I just think that posting several complains and ideas is the only way that some new or old things can be added via Update/Patch. That is why I think that now is the time to start posting our ideas of what should be in the first updates, because the sooner things are fixed, the more we can enjoy them in the final game.:thumbsup: