We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PCGames.de TDU2 article summary by tdu-c.de

Schreck

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read the stuff about wrecks, my thoughts were similar to unlocking the liveries in FUEL by finding cars that were hidden offroad. Then I thought of this concept screenshot:

Obviously that looks nothing like the pics of Ibiza already showcased, but it may shed light on the hidden wrecks scenario. Eden want us to go offroad in SUVs, so that we forget about the smaller area.

On the European forums, we once did an offroad race, from the NE lighthouse to the SW one, was great fun, and it took about an hour or two (in Audi RS4's and Lamborghini's). I went in a Koenigsegg since I figured the extra power would negate the need for 4WD if I could keep my speed up and not get stuck.

After tonnes of experance sliding backward,atempting to go up a hill in this game,I can say having awd doesn't really help.The power just goes to the back wheels anways,lol

I haven't been following the landsurface stuff for a while, does anybody think the 380 km² might miss a 0? If you do 3800/2.5 you get at 1520. Would that be a possibility?

The note at the 300SL picture also says that to buy cars you'll have to find the dealerships first. ''Quite a job, as the island is large''.

Personally im quite excited about this release. I have no doubts in Eden and im not afraid that this is going to be a failure. Im quite sure that it will be cool game.

Btw, the pictures of the cars and environment reminds me something of Far Cry 2, graphics mostly...a little blurry but yet very nice to look at. Would be great if TDU used Dunia engine lol...amazing graphics but not much reqs.

This wrecks thing...i dunno...dont actually like it...i find it a little awkward to find a wrecked SLR in a bushes? not my style

MP3 thing...not good too...im actually addicted to use mp3s in game, kinda annoying to alt+tab after every 3-5 minutes to change a song...

But we'll see...im exited and definately gonna wait it :D

Well.... I would like another type of surprises...

Is like, look! i found a wrecked enzo! ...

Maybe for example would be awesome, if you find a car keys and is of a certain car, and then you unlock it

It won't be like that...The wrecks are hidden off road so it won't be exotic car wrecks...

Good luck if you want to take your Enzo off road lol. It would get stuck everywhere.

I haven't been following the landsurface stuff for a while, does anybody think the 380 km² might miss a 0? If you do 3800/2.5 you get at 1520. Would that be a possibility?

The note at the 300SL picture also says that to buy cars you'll have to find the dealerships first. ''Quite a job, as the island is large''.

Good points, but it's still a mystery...

FUEL was form over function with a massive environemt to explore but no real longevity due to the repetition. TDU2 looks to be function over form which is good however people are starting to fear this as being a small environment with a lot of detail thus getting repetitive due to the "small" landscape.

As you can see it's difficult to get something that people just say "YES!" too, sure a massive environment full of diversity and lots to do would be the easy solution but doing that is not easy, therein lies the problem for developers.

TDU was criticised for it's mass of offroad area that couldn't be explored. TDU2 will address this but in order to keep the game under a 10 year development they have to make the environment smaller but more diverse so now we'll have people saying the offroad is a great addition but now it's too small?

LOL you see what I'm saying?

I think people might be thinking of this being drastically smaller ala MCLA style but what area did MCLA have? Anyone know? :) If I remember correctly if you looped the highway it was 10 miles. (that's only the length of the highway that surrounds the area, there's more roads and such within that rectangle of highway)

TDU was criticised for it's mass of offroad area that couldn't be explored. TDU2 will address this but in order to keep the game under a 10 year development they have to make the environment smaller but more diverse so now we'll have people saying the offroad is a great addition but now it's too small?

Yet they are right when they say it's small when they get an island thats 2,7 times smaller in km², the 381 of TDU2 is less than the 1600 of TDU1. It's also about the numbers and comparing. People just expect more in everything. More functions, more possibilities, more everything.

But you are also right that we have to wait for the game, and look at the situation at that moment.

Yet they are right when they say it's small when they get an island thats 2,7 times smaller in km², the 381 of TDU2 is less than the 1600 of TDU1. It's also about the numbers and comparing. People just expect more in everything. More functions, more possibilities, more everything.

But you are also right that we have to wait for the game, and look at the situation at that moment.

TDU1 wasn't 1600KM², it had 1600KM of roads. TDU2 supposedly has about 1250KM all together.

If I remember Vibroboy he said the "Over 1000 Miles" in one of the videos was due to the roads equalling 1060 miles, which is just over 1600 km.

Now look at the TDU map and see how much real estate is without a road and is just open, it's quite vast. Don't judge and jury it until you've seen it.

LOL you see what I'm saying?

Yes, but nobody said it's gonna be easy, right? It's their job to make an reasonable ratio between quality and quantity. The games are evolving and prospering in every way. It's quite understandable that all of us asking for something bigger and better at the same time, is it?

Yes they might reduce a playground to make it more interesting but it certainly shouldn't be 3 or even 5 times smaller than the old island. I can swallow the actual Ibiza area, and that's 571 sqkm, but anything smaller than that would be....very disappointing.

TDU1 wasn't 1600KM², it had 1600KM of roads. TDU2 supposedly has about 1250KM all together.

Oh yes, it was. both. 1,545.4 km² area and 1000 miles of roads

This is how rumours and disinformation start. *sigh*

There's more articles to come in the coming weeks so why don't we wait and see what they say as well as more media releases that should hopefully be coming also. Some of you seem to have made your minds up about the game already.

Some of you seem to have made your minds up about the game already.

It's basically one individual that has a major gripe with the topographical scale. For everyone else that wants to game and enjoy it, you'll hear not a complaint.

It won't be like that...The wrecks are hidden off road so it won't be exotic car wrecks...

How do you know that ;)

A car going 200 plus could go a long way from the road given the right terrain and providing it missed bit obstacles. Some may even fly off the edge of cliffs to get to places they otherwise couldn't access.

Just because you find them offroad does not have to mean they were driven offroad to get there.

TDU2 from the looks of concept arts might include waterfalls, more gorgeous scenery and etc and that has a high replayability value

TDU has got waterfalls. You must have played with the waterfall glitches surely?

This is how rumours and disinformation start. *sigh*

There does seem to bit some very bold assumptions in this and other threads... :rolleyes:

I'd like to start a rumour about the new Eden Island, if I may.

In TDU2 its actually a huge floating island above the the main island.

And you need to drive up a rainbow to get to it. :lol:

How do you know that ;)

A car going 200 plus could go a long way from the road given the right terrain and providing it missed bit obstacles. Some may even fly off the edge of cliffs to get to places they otherwise couldn't access.

Just because you find them offroad does not have to mean they were driven offroad to get there.

If you know the story of an exotic car that crashed at 200+mph then flew through a forest for a few miles, tell me.. :rolleyes:

The wrecks will probably not be hidden near a road....They will probably be hidden deep inside the landscape to incite people to drive off-road.

Here's a quick and dirty translation. I'll leave out the opinions and speculations, and try to summarize the facts.

Offroad, it will be possible to discover car wrecks. Discovering car wrecks will unlock exclusive vehicles at the car dealers.

It's basically one individual that has a major gripe with the topographical scale. For everyone else that wants to game and enjoy it, you'll hear not a complaint.

uhm...some1 called me? C'mon, I wont to enjoy this game just as much as u, I only thought this is the right place to express my opinion about the subject. I'm not assuming anything, only commenting some unconfirmed hearsays started by some game magazines.

There's lots of contradictions about the size of the new island.

From what I've heard so far, most convincing information is that u will be able to drive arond the island in 40 minutes. We could drive a circle around oahu in 50 minutes with A class car and I'm sure on Ibiza we won't be able to drive very fast as easy as we used to. So this makes sense to me.

And this is the end of me discussing the size of the island until we get some official info. Promise...;)