We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PCGames.de TDU2 article summary by tdu-c.de

Schreck

Source: PCGames.de

Source: tdu-c.de (click for images)

Only google translation:

Now it's time and the first preview of TDU 2 is released from PC Games.

Unfortunately, I am an inveterate fan that cold shudder running down his back with such a horrible text. I mean where are we that we have to read terms such as: cars, skidding PS, PS ostentation, etc.

Since I feel like in a ghetto, and who writes so, the sense of TDU has not understood, but it still come more examples.

iesNow first to the news:

It will definitely be a story about selbige is still unknown.

The road length is to be 930 km and 310 km off-road routes, total should the island have a size of 381 square km.

As the two and a half, however, should be greater than Ohau is a mystery to me, because Ohau had a road network of 1,600 km. Just when you zusammenrechnet the area of Ohau ² is one loose at 1500 miles. Why are there so constantly talk of bigger, remains completely open, more detail would make more sense. But this is probably when the facts to 1 TDU not use their head and believes everything one is told with such a demonstration.

There is a picture of the map, individual streets can be identified and the towns and villages.

You can earn points in the free ride mode, one performs daring maneuver (eg, drift) and at high speed through the area goes, fills from these actions, a bar, so you get points as soon as one but crashes it's over with the points chase .

Race against friends go through enhanced friends list, but there are also points.

The terrain can be (auto) find wrecks, by which you unlock exclusive vehicles at dealerships.

There is only one optical damage model, which means any body damage has no effect on driver behavior and vehicle performance. There also does nothing, since there are no repairs.

I think when you reset itself to the road, the car is back in new condition. This actually represents a fair compromise, perhaps it can even turn off completely.

Unfortunately, it is confirmed what was already on the screenshots to some extent obvious that the graphics of the vehicles is very detailed, the environment, but rather looks for TDU 1st I doubt that will happen there's too much, but I think it's a verschmerzbarer point for everything that is new to it.

This can not integrate their own MP3 tracks, I doubt, for this was already possible in the first part, why Eden Games remove this also. Moreover, it is surely no problem to run an MP3 player side by side, for me personally not a noteworthy point.

It looks like Eden Games can certainly imagine to offer other than cars as DLC in the first part. What exactly is that supposed to be but was not called. Possibilities include clothing, vehicle accessories, maybe even more islands, but something like would be more likely to come out in the BP.

The most important thing in the end, to be release in the third quarter of 2010, it also confirmed the appointment on Amazon.

This will probably mean, however, that there are hardly any time for improvements and if it is ever likely to give only a very short beta phase.

How the speech can be assumed that you look at the wishes of the community takes to heart remains open, since in general are no more changes possible in such a short period of time.

The funniest for me was the comment of the author. How can the motivation be lost if we ever again can again meet up with friends and zusammenfährt. I thought if we focus only on a single part is, may be, but let's face was on the very large pack of TDU 1 MOOR (Massively Open Online Racing) on it.

In WoW none would think to call a single player. TDU is nunmal focused on multiplayer and there will always be even if you dazureicht a single player, is this not the criterion as such. Call of Duty complains but also not on the short solo missions, there is the multiplayer part what motivated a long time and here it is the same.

So I do not even Atari that invite some people that have little or no idea about a game, rather than on what you tell people here like to invite any who know almost everything. Even more so that here are probably many more potential customers than with PC Games.

Anyway I see no bright future for the print magazines, but publishers also have the time to recognize the potential of such communit such as ours.

Source: PCGames.de

Source: tdu-c.de (click for images)

Here's a quick and dirty translation. I'll leave out the opinions and speculations, and try to summarize the facts.

There will definitely be a story, however, there are no details known yet.

The length of the roads will be 930 km and the offroad tracks will be 310 km. The island's size will be 381 km².

There is a picture of the island map on which you can spot some of the roads, as well as towns and villages. (He's refering to the map picture in the magazine)

You can earn points in free ride mode by performing difficult manoeuvres (e.g. drifting) or by driving at high speed. The earned points are displayed in a progress bar. When you crash, the points are lost.

You can race versus friends from the enhanced friend list, for which you will gain points as well.

Offroad, it will be possible to discover car wrecks. Discovering car wrecks will unlock exclusive vehicles at the car dealers.

There will be optical damage only. The damage will have no affect on the vehicle's performance or handling. On the other hand the damage does not cost anything, because there will be no car repairs.

The cars will be more detailed, but the environment probably not.

Release is planned for the third quarter of 2010.

I hope this is a bit more understandable than the Google translation.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds nice, although the damage repairing system reminds me of Fuel. And sometimes I just wanna bash up a car, WITHOUT the game interfering with its automatic resetfunctions, like what the CMR series is known for. The MP3 thing ain't too bad. With winamp on the background I have more songs than the ingame radiostations so that's no point.

Then my curiousity is pulled to what also sounds like Fuel (in less ways Burnout Paradise) and makes me fear stupid imaginary buggies will be in: you can find wrecks, which will unlock at the showroom? I'd love it if this would be like those barntreasures, with expensive and exotic cars.

The first DLC by the way will most likely contain stuff including the auction house to manage your downloads.

And even if the 1250KM of roads is true, it is still a lot and now we can also get just about anywhere off road and away from the dirt tracks(hopefully).
This is just a though,but maybe theirs more to off road,then just none pave roads.Maybe they added off road trails that lead to seceret loctions,and other cool discoveres.Maybe thats what they mean't by the island being 2.5 times bigger,because the 2.5 times more details.

From what i've read there, it should be good.....ok its less roads, but i did find my self useing alot of the same roads after a while in the first one.

The no MP3 player is a downer to be honest, as i perfer to have diffrent songs for diffrent moments......Such as having the song 'On days like These' playing when i'm just cruzing on a nice road, and somthing like

on when i'm blasting it along the road at high speed!

Hopefully they add it in, and the game will work like magic.....or better than TDU anyway!

I'm not very pleased with this info, to be perfectly honest. Maybe it's better to wait some good translation, just in case.

Automatic resetting damage? Nonsense for small children. No damage at all would be better. No built-in mp3 player. Am I supposed to alt-tub all the time to switch to another song, and turn the volume up and down? Perfect conditions for windows crashin'. :mad:

Smaller island with less roads and 2,5 times more details? :confused::rolleyes:

Please Eden, don't turn this beautiful game into some 'Sims with cars' BS ok?

You can clearly see that the map is denser than TDU.

Yeah! It's gonna be fun. I've been in Majorca (the island next to Ibiza) and the roads there were amazing! I hope it's the same in Ibiza.

well,i think they were refereing to the enviroment,so i don't this thats the case,but their could be alot more content anyways.

Yeah, you're right. I don't know what they meant then, if the island is smaller..

Yeah! It's gonna be fun. I've been in Majorca (the island next to Ibiza) and the roads there were amazing! I hope it's the same in Ibiza.

Yeah, you're right. I don't know what they meant then, if the island is smaller..

diablo makes a good point maybe they were refering to density,the lack of a good translation seems to leave this questionable.

Personnaly I'm not too scared about the size of the map. I've been playing just cause 2 for a few days now, the map is 1000km^2 wide and it's pretty huge...even if Ibiza is only 500Km^2 or so. Also like someone else mentioned, we can now go offroad too so there's a lot more to do than in TDU 1. I have faith in Eden, I'm sure they wont disappoint. Also who knows, maybe they'll work on big-time add-ons with new islands like other mmorpgs.

Here's a quick and dirty translation. I'll leave out the opinions and speculations, and try to summarize the facts. No disrespect to drivefast (the author of the tdu-c.de article) intended. Just pure CarlosVega laziness.

There will definitely be a story, however, there are no details known yet.

The length of the roads will be 930 km and the offroad tracks will be 310 km. The island's size will be 381 km².

There is a picture of the island map on which you can spot some of the roads, as well as towns and villages. (He's refering to the map picture in the magazine)

You can earn points in free ride mode by performing difficult manoeuvres (e.g. drifting) or by driving at high speed. The earned points are displayed in a progress bar. When you crash, the points are lost.

You can race versus friends from the enhanced friend list, for which you will gain points as well.

Offroad, it will be possible to discover car wrecks. Discovering car wrecks will unlock exclusive vehicles at the car dealers.

There will be optical damage only. The damage will have no affect on the vehicle's performance or handling. On the other hand the damage does not cost anything, because there will be no car repairs.

The cars will be more detailed, but the environment probably not.

Release is planned for the third quarter of 2010.

I hope this is a bit more understandable than the Google translation.