We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gamestar June issue says TDU2 to be on Ibiza & O'ahu!

Inspiflo

O'ahu is probably the better place to go offroading with all the mountains, so I'm glad they are including it again with the new graphics engine. It'll take us a while to unlock access to O'ahu, which is good. Who cares if both islands are filled with challenges and races - we'll have 3-4 years to complete them all until a new version possibly comes out.

Also, if everyone who would still get use of TDU1 upgrades to TDU2, and make use of O'ahu in TDU2, then there should effectively be no more online TDU1 players, which means they can dedicate more resources to TDU2.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly? I don't want to see Oahu again.

+1

If they keep Oahu, then, to me, it will be just like Forza. New cars every now and again. But, you have to drive the new cars on the same old roads. It doesn't make it that interesting. I know I would get bored eventually.

+1

If they keep Oahu, then, to me, it will be just like Forza. New cars every now and again. But, you have to drive the new cars on the same old roads. It doesn't make it that interesting. I know I would get bored eventually.

ehhh. i dont know that this is a fair comparison given that you get both Ibiza AND oahu. and you wont get Oahu until you are done with Ibiza in which case im sure they will not force you to go back to Oahu. I think it will be great to at least have the option to go back. for instance if ya get bored and want to test out the LP 670 on your old favorite road.

I can understand tWm not wanting Oahu again. Some, like me and tWm I think too, have seen enough of every road and want something new. Those people don't want to have to do that whole island over again. Only if Eden does a complete overhaul on Oahu, like remaking it so it'll be at least 50% new, that would make it interesting again, but if everything's the same, some won't see the use of going back there.

Considering how many of us have exclaimed 'Wow' at the various environment mods that have been made in the past 6 months, I've got a feeling the devs with the source files will be able to make some pretty impressive improvements.

I don't suppose the PC and 360 versions of the game will come on 2 DVDs? The PS3 obviously won't have any issues here (BluRay) ;)

Considering how many of us have exclaimed 'Wow' at the various environment mods that have been made in the past 6 months, I've got a feeling the devs with the source files will be able to make some pretty impressive improvements.

I don't suppose the PC and 360 versions of the game will come on 2 DVDs? The PS3 obviously won't have any issues here (BluRay) ;)

I believe the song goes "2 is better than 1" :nanananana:

Having Oahu takes away from Ibiza, or perhaps you lot just didn't play TDU that much. How many sequels come out featuring the location of the original game? Few. I have no desire to drive round somewhere I already have been for 3 years. Time to move along, I've never seen everyone's love affair with Oahu, Ibiza will be fine.

I'm still loving the endless amount of people who've never set foot inside Europe or a Mediterranean island let alone Ibiza yet think it's so far inferior to Oahu. *sigh* When will you people get over it.

"all" is a bit exaggerated. TDU1 didn't have an achievement for buying every car or house. Buy 50 cars (amongst other things) to unlock it would sound more reasonable.

How many Tony Hawks sequels had the original Warehouse level from the first game (was it 3, 4, or more???) :)

But other games have. GTA IV has them for all 200 pigeons, all Exotic Exports, all Drug Deliveries...

And a better comparism: Fuel has it too. They are called Obsessional Stargazer/Sightseer/Painter/Collector, which wants you to collect all careerstars, vista points, liveries, vehicles, and clothing. To be honest I kinda like that, especially as it takes a while to do so it keeps you busy.

I've been secretly hoping to get both Ibiza and Oahu (well Mallorca was my first wild guess/wish) and if this rumour is true I'll be more than happy to pay a bigger prise for that.

I see nothing wrong if some1 wants to ride through already well known island, only enhanced and more detailed. I certainly do want and now looking forward to it even more...:thumbsup::D

i adore oahu and would love to see it back.

i can also imagine this would be a big plus to american gamers who do very much love waikiki strip.

obviously maps and servers would have to be kept seperate...

we would have to assertain if who we want to drive with is on the island we are looking at...

also those not keen on oahu don't 'have' to go there lol

anyway fingers crossed.

Don't get me wrong, I like Oahu but there is no need for it again. I don't see what they could really do there to enhance the game, more single player challenges... great. I suppose it could act as a sanctuary for those determined not to let go of the past and prevent them from having to fully engage with the new setting.

"Why the bitching, it doesn't matter!" Ultimately yes, it doesn't. It just seems the attitude of a fair few is that they want the inclusion of Oahu not to beef out the game but to avoid having to go to Ibiza much at all, which seems ever so petty.

Oh no tWm. is going against us again! Believe me I have more hours on TDU than the vast majority of you and love the game, but I also love evolution. No one said you had to like me for it.

Needless to say I wish against it's inclusion.

Hmmm not so thrilled about this, I'd rather have twice the detail than Oahu, having little details to look out for/notice while driving around Ibiza will be great, I just hope some of these wont be skipped so they can include Oahu.

As the saying goes, out with the old and in with the new!

I'd actually really like to have O'ahu back in, I know many a TDU player who want to see what TDU would look like with night and weather, it would add a whole new dimension to the game. Also if O'ahu does come back I'm sure Eden would have seen people saying they have driven all the roads and would probably add some new areas or whatnot to the environment. Imagine for example that the construction sites scattered around TDU were complete in TDU2 with new roads, houses, buildings etc. Would be a nice touch. :)

Also they don't have to put it in but if they choose to then seriously they are definitely going above and beyond and imo would be Phenomenal. :D

O'ahu is like an old friend and something I think you will see referenced in TDU's to come.