We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Handling, your preference?

Eudemon

Your TDU2 Handling preference?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Your TDU2 Handling preference?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you go from other games you easily see the faults in TDU's handling, yes it's graspable as many of us have done and proved but it's off in so many places like braking, low speed turning and of course weight that it would be brilliant if they could work these out.

They even admitted themselves that the handling was off.

Unforgiving detailed sim.

I want realism all the way.

1 quick facet example.. I honestly want to be able to grab a seatbelt (using mouse) and search for the fastener with an avatar arm. Cumbersome?.. yes IRL too.

Really that isn't crazy, I simply want the SANELY fullest possible virtual trip.

FUDGE it if perhaps some fast driving starts to take skill or gets painstaking.. boohoo?

I would just drive to my limit (perhaps increasing if I would bother). EVEN if it's 60mph.

And as a bonus it would just be amusing/scary to drive too fast and crash then. :D

A kind of fun that is somewhat missing in Tdu1. :s

Really that isn't crazy, I simply want the SANELY fullest possible virtual trip.

..........And as a bonus it would just be amusing/scary to drive too fast and crash then. :D

A kind of fun that is somewhat missing in Tdu1. :s

hey why not? And after the first major crash u'll be dead meat and won't be able to play TDU ever again! :thumbsup: :nuts:

2.) When you go to drive your Enzo, what sort of speeds do you do on your exotic local roads?

130kph...I stick to the speed limit :p. I'll will mention though (since I detect sarcasm :p) that I am blessed with some of the best roads and scenery in the world - beach, rainforest and "mountains" that definitely surpass those in Oahu and most likely Ibiza, but this isn't a point I was trying to prove.

My real car argument wasn't that I had an Enzo at my disposal or that I could rip around at 300kph down the side of a mountain while upside down and on fire, it was more that the sensation of real driving (regardless of car or speed) is more fun and exciting than just sitting in an armchair pressing buttons and moving a wheel around.

If you have the best wheel in the world (assuming that'd be one of the Logitech monsters) you still don't get that driving sensation - the pleasure of a perfect gear change or those lovely forces acting on you when you brake that little bit too hard. Any controller you have will be digital, controlling a digital environment. Having a realistic driving simulation without the real bits that actually make driving fun is just tedious and annoying.

And your exotic local roads - any road in any suburb of any town in the world is more beautiful and exotic then a couple of lifeless pixels. But yeah, as you said you are not allowed to drive - so just have fun. It's a game and games are not by any means meant to be realistic - quite the opposite in fact.

I go driving in the fabulous Victorian mountains as well, and you're right Dredgey, playing TDU with a G25, TrackIR, ButtKicker, nVidia GTX 480, 24" LCD 1080p monitor isn't the same (although my back isn't quite as sore at the end of it).

The advantage of playing TDU is that I can speed, drift, crash, cruise with friends, and I'm never more than 10 seconds from the pantry or bathroom should the need arise. Games that are nearly as good or immersive as real life provide an outlet for your need for speed, which means you don't have to hoon around and hurt someone in real life. If it can teach some basic car control as well, it might even save you if you ever do get into a spot of trouble on the roads.

.... might even save you if you ever do get into a spot of trouble on the roads.
Indeed! The most important thing is to stay calm in those situations. If ur brain is quite used to deal with sudden-close-to-crash scenarios like in game, it will remain much clearer and have a better reaction. I know mine did, few times.

On the other hand, this is individual, 'cause some1 may experience the opposite affect, like reflecting in game driving style into the reality, which would cause a bit reckless and fearless driving....

Being good at an arcade racer promotes recklessness IRL. Spinning out in a realistic sim promotes more respect/wholesome fear when driving IRL

Agreed, i don't want harsh simulation but i don't want to be able to do things that are impossible in real life!

Semi-Sim.....As i'll have GT5 for more real life experance, even if its track based.

I dont really want to have to worry about fuel when cruzing, or worry about it beeing too real. To me TDU is about cruzing and beeing with your friends. Kind of a really cheap and enviromently friendly car meet, but you car is't limited to your wallet......well maybe the £40 that you payed for it, but thats all!:)

• 7 months later...

Tdu1 was an epic game, I loved it. When i played TDU2 i never thought it was possible to make the handling so arcadey and poor. Never played a game with worse handling than this game, i'd give mario kart a better rating than this game for handling!!, so dissapointed, apart from the TERRIBLE handling and the TERRIBLE hoover car sounds which are probably one of the worst ive heard the game is good

Where did you play TDU2 and if you're talking about the Beta then you're violating the NDA. Bear in mind what you were playing is still being developed and tweaked constantly. The handling I admit is an issue to those people who didn't like the standard TDU handling however for those that did it's not going to be much of a change. Notes of interest however is that Eden and Atari are looking at ways of allowing us to customise the game and it's handling to our preference and are especially looking to greater wheel support though they shouldn't forget that even people with just pads don't like only Rage Racer handling as was evidenced by the amount of pad users who will only use Hardcore mode in TDU for example.

Again though no Beta talk here thanks and if you are in it then you have a place to voice your opinion and views in that will get seen by those who matter.

Welcome to TDUCk also!

Why has Mellors voted for all three options instead of selecting 'Not bothered' :lol:

Why not?

OT: still think semi-seim would be best. if I want to take turns using guardrails I'll invent a monorail simulator, and I think a true simulator would be too serious and a bit difficult, especially for a game like TDU2.