We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Island Specific Pricing

Who

Island Specific Pricing & Availability  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Island Specific Pricing & Availability

• Yes, sounds good to me
    • No, it'd be too much hassle
    • The concept is good but it would be better if...

This is just an idea, tell me if you think it's crap

If people remember Forza 2, they will remember you could set your home region, which could be either Europe, Asia or North America, and depending on this choice cars became cheaper, or more expensive, and there were certain unlocks that you couldn't get if you were in the wrong region.

Adapting this, I think it would be cool if you could have pricing and availability changed depending on which Island you were on, considering that Ibiza is in Europe, and Oahu is in America.

For example the Mustang is only sold in the States, so you should only be able to buy it in Oahu... and a BMW bought in Europe is cheaper than one bought in Americaland, so buying it on Ibiza should result in substantial savings.

To stop people exploiting the deals, the collections should be kept relatively separate, and if a user wants to move a car from island to island, then they must pay an export fee to ship it by air (say 10% of the vehicle value) which would then take 1 in-game day to arrive (you'd get a notification similar to when you reserve a classic when it arrives)

The Fees would be removed once you buy the Yacht (which can visit either island) as you will be able to move cars freely

Interesting idea, I would add a different fuel prices (I assume fuel in US is still cheaper than in Europe...=))

Also, money rewards for winning races and challenges should be different on each island, according to fuel prices and other expenses.

Clever concept (voted yes :) ). Another interesting thing to add to it would be the cost of "importing" a car only sold in one area (for example, if you bought a Reunault Megane RS on Ibiza but wanted it moved to Oahu, you would have to pay all the foreign reg. fees, and vice versa with the Mustang on Hawaii). I guess you covered this with the "cost of moving" fee, but there usually is some substantial up-front payment (or you could pay it the first time you tried to move the cars, along with the 10% fee every time).

-Leadfoot

The pricing difference and availability difference would definitely be interesting, but I'm not sure how it would work out. While it is possible to export cars for an upcharge, I know that there are a few cars that no matter how much you paid for them, the U.S. Federal Highway Commission would never allow them to see American streets. Cars like the R34 Skyline and other sports cars that weren't built with the emissions equipment our wonderful gov't so graciously forces us to use can't be brought over to the states unless the only ever see race tracks. Suppose that could make things interesting though, import a car that isn't road legal and get chased by the cops when they see you driving it.....

I think going into legality is a bit too far, it's not really in the spirit of the game to go 'due to highway code 97882, this car is unavailible to be driven on american roads'. It's just not fun

Basically, the thinking behind it is about seeing a car where you don't normally see one, going back to the mustang example, like for like, in reality it costs about the same as an MX5 (which is common as muck) does over here, however, because you can't get a mustang without importing it, seeing it on the road in britain your jaw drops... which means that cruising around Ibiza in an imported stang would be a real head turner, particularly for people under level 10 who haven't unlocked Oahu yet

Island exclusive cars, and cheaper cars are also a really good reward when you reach Oahu... Yes, you get a whole island, but lots of people are just going to look at it and say 'been there, done that'. offering them different dealers, and cheaper cars is going to prompt people to explore the re-designed island