We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GameSpot Interview with Nour Polloni - Players pay for car damage

Yes it shouldn't be made too easy, like they did with NFS Shift. I went up about 12 or 13 driverlevels after I accidentaly started a 10-lap race on the Nürburgring. And after that it's made too easy, you just have to do loads of Quick Races to get everything except a few badges of Career.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours isn't going to be as easy as they say, considering that TDU1's 'find all roads' wasn't really the driving of the roads that ate time, it was finding them all :p

With a much deeper road network I think covering each bit of tarmac will take longer than TDU1s

The total length of roads Ibiza 1240KM??

Asphalt road: 930KM?

Cross-country route:310KM??

Polloni is not mentioned in the present:Ibiza has Cross-country route!

Personal analysis:

Or 930KM road includes Cross-country route,Or Ibiza no Cross-country route?

He appears to be Chinese so give him a bit of a break. However yuhui2010 don't post everything you find as it will probably already be here, and remember to please use the Edit button.

edit.gif

My English is not very good,Please understand!This is a good site

My English is not very good,Please understand!This is a good site

When you find news, check if person say before. 2 of same thing bad.

if you make 2 message, press edit.gif button to change message 1.

I hope this helped

(And I really hope that I didn't patronise too hard!)

I just read on Gamestop.com that Test Drive Unlimited 2 will begin shipping 9/21/10! It will be $49.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3. $39.99 for PC Versions :D :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The official release date has not been announced yet and no retailers know when the game will be out, other than Q4 this year.

By the way Steveogoto, my post is not spam like you reported it to be. As Eden/Atari/NBP have not announced the release date for the game. Different retailers have different release dates for the game. Some even said December 31st.

Watch the latest videos with the senior designer for the game and also look on the official TDU2 forums.

E:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=test+drive+unlimited+2&x=0&y=0&sprefix=test+driv

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/14259171/Test-Drive-Unlimited-2/Product.html

'Location: USA' he just hasn't bothered to change the flag...

Aaaaaaanyway, as for damage costing money, I'm kinda fine with that, we more or less pay for damage now anyway, with online police working off damage to traffic. Considering we get money for cruising, I can imagine money getting to ridiculous figures very quickly (I'm sure most off us, particularly fizz, have hundreds of hours put in) so we need a system which will regulate that

thousands ;)

but the percentage of time cruising is actually quite small - i spend quite a bit of time stationary these days listening or talking to people.

but if i get money or credit just for being on the game then all i can say is "wahey!" lol

I would love this damage system, I never ram people intentionally and its quite annoying when others do, the only trouble I see with this system is that it will cost me a lot of money to keep my car respectable whilst a fleet of battered sheds attack me. This would be made easier if fuel is in the game by making them run out and not be able to afford more to catch me though. :thumbsup:

I like the idea of insurance, having it would be good backup if someone really takes a fancy to your shiny new paint job, but it would be difficult to create a fine line between the cost of it and people abusing it so they can ram others and not pay for the crashes.

If only new locations would be available in DLCs, I'd like to spend my bucks in new environments from all over the world. Mallorca is way bigger but it's too near from Ibiza to bring something different !