We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Open Beta coming!!

Eudemon

I'm probably the only person that cares about this but why is the Gumpert Apollo in the Garage with the other cars? It's already been confirmed it will be a club exclusive car so technically it shouldn't be sitting in some randoms Garage.

Also Tool. I've been hearing rumors those pics have been taken from the closed BETA, hence Aliasing & & craptastic visuals (not every tester has a top of the line machine). So hold your flames for a bit.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good point about that Apollo... Seems very unlikely to me that they have so little licenses, that if they wouldn't put the Apollo there, they had to either leave an empty spot or show a car which was not licensed yet...

Btw, wasn't there a discussion on why showrooms in TDU2 have been shown containing a mix of different brands? I think that's perfectly possible, there are countless dealerships with many exotic brands in it, perhaps one of the most famous ones being http://www.autosalonsingen.de

About those badges things, I'm not too fussed about that, I don't know how other brands do this but I know Audi and Merc have that option in their optionslist for the cars. At Merc it's under the exteriordesign options and it's free. They shouldn't charge you for that anyway, you can remove them perfectly yourself, they're just 3-dimensional decals.

I'm probably the only person that cares about this but why is the Gumpert Apollo in the Garage with the other cars? It's already been confirmed it will be a club exclusive car so technically it shouldn't be sitting in some randoms Garage.

I think that they are trying to control the flow of info to keep the suspense and hype building, hence they are only showing us the cars that are confirmed within environments that they want to promote, but don't necessarily fit in the game 'for display purposes only' - same goes with the dealerships, I'm sure the Devs have just dropped all the confirmed cars into that dealer to fill it and not give too much away (except for the R8, of course).

Devs can put any car in any garage. Thefact that they only have a small number of cars that they can or are allowed to publish in photos would add to the reasoning for mixing exotics with other cars. There is also the possibility that clubs can buy non-exclusive cars, or they could be owned by club members who park in the club garage when they meet up in the house.

Well to be exact 9600GT Extreme. Anyways

No Interior > http://d3.e-loader.net/NBah7VC2GR.jpg

4 months yes but seriously.. Call me ungrateful but I have never seen such a game with all these 'bugs' or 'Glitches' I sure hope that their testers etc notice all that.

Very true i believe they worked to hard on the scenery instead of the games actual meaning but i hope they get there acted together before launch date.

Anyone noticed the carbon textures are not correct? They should be in a somekind of \ /shape (\ Being one side of the car and / the other side)

oh.. ..your right, unless there is different versions, but I doubt it.

Also the texture seems to stretch larger the further off you get on the bonnet?????

Below, (far headlight)... 100% larger than true size (40 vs 14-20 lines).

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/03/koenigseggedition_2.jpg/

http://d3.e-loader.net/NBah7VC2GR.jpg

Zonda looks very nice. Really loving that Q7 though, more shots of that please!

When I Went To The Store With My Parents To Get Groceries, When We Got On The Freeway, I Saw 4 Audi Q7's!! Every Time I Saw A Q7 I Got More Eager And Eager To Drive A Q7 In TDU2! Can't Wait Till I Drive Teh Q7!

:monkeydance::excited:

I'm also hope we're able to extend the beta period by changing your computer's date like on TDU1 :ban::D:D:D:D

LOL, did that actually work? (Wasn't aware of the beta at the time, so I'm not familiar with it too much.)

Also, was the TDU1 beta the whole island or just sections (or time limited? or online? or not? or...)?

-Leadfoot

I didn't have the first beta, but I'm guessing they won't give us the whole island (def not both of them), since the download servers would be pretty hammered (and I don't really fancy downloading 5GB or more for a Beta (I'm sure work won't mind though) ;)