We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion: Island Paradise v0.9.5 + Autumn and Winter Add-On

iLLusion

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. ;)

Yes, next version will have just one installer with pop-up options to install Lite, Full and will include option to select TDU Default Roads patch too. I've planned to do that with v0.9 but since I couldn't figure out how to make it in time... it was left out. I've asked Djey for some guidelines on it couple of minutes ago, so I should learn how to make it in a few days at best. :p

Thanks. ;)

Yes, next version will have just one installer with pop-up options to install Lite, Full and will include option to select TDU Default Roads patch too. I've planned to do that with v0.9 but since I couldn't figure out how to make it in time... it was left out. I've asked Djey for some guidelines on it couple of minutes ago, so I should learn how to make it in a few days at best. :p

Thank you for you effort!:thumbsup:

From now on I will only make mods for my own mod pack: Hawaiian Paradise. But offcourse you can allways use the textures within that pack for your own. The reason for my own pack is simply becouse I can make it to my own ideas. You can combine our mods becouse it will work fine, the textures from the last installed pack are the ones used in the game offcourse.

If you want to see how to make options for installing different items for you pack (GPS or not, etc) look into the install file from my pack. You can even make it more diverse by use exclude in the file (to choose different mods witch uses the same 2db file).

Okay edwin, good luck with it. Same goes for my textures, use them as you wish. ;)

I've seen that you have groups, but I still don't have even a slightest idea how to make one on my own. ^^ Share some info? :p

@wagner

Few posts above yours... :p

At the moment, as you've probably noticed, weather got only one type - morning. I'll add more types in upcoming versions. Don't worry, other types won't have a sun that glows that much.

I've seen that you have groups, but I still don't have even a slightest idea how to make one on my own. ^^ Share some info? :p

You only have to mod you install file. Uninstall works without modding. The thing is that you make groups in the install file.

In my case:

</roles>

<groups customRequired="Hawaiian Paradise">

<dependancy group="Plants" requiredGroup="" defaultChecked="True">

</dependancy>

I have split it in 2 sections (to see it better here). Your new code has to be under the </roles>.

The 1st yellow code says wich mod must be installed for the pack. You can switch te line Hawaiian Paradise with watever you want (Illusion Island Paradise);). This first code is alway's checked in the install menu and can't be unchecked. In reallity this part doesn't do anthing, just a visual thing in the install menu. It installs nothing! Its must be used however to make the install file work.

The second yellow code makes an optional groep. You give this group a preferd name (in my case Plants). The part witch say defaultChecked="True"> say's if it its default checked in the menu. True is Yes and False is no (I think).

Now you have made a group. The next step is to "put" you install code in the group:

</groups>

</properties>

<instructions>

<instruction type="installPackedFile" failOnError="True" enabled="True" comment="" group="Required">

<parameter name="bnkFile" value="#bnkFrontEndHiResPath#\LOG_IN.bnk" />

<parameter name="patchDirectory" value="\patchs\" />

<parameter name="newFile" value="fla_0013.2db" />

</instruction>

The above yellow part is the start of the install code without the specific group. The pink tekst says wether or not to put it into a group. You can simply use required to say that this part must alway's be installed. The user cannot choose this item in the menu, it always installs.

Than you get your acually choosable group:

<instruction type="installPackedFile" failOnError="True" enabled="True" comment="" group="Plants">

<parameter name="bnkFile" value="#bnkLevelHawaiPath#\CommonWorld.bnk" />

<parameter name="patchDirectory" value="\patchs\" />

<parameter name="newFile" value="v_banp.2db" />

</instruction>

The name Plants is the group name, witch must be excactly the same as the name used to make a group (light blue word).

Hopefully you get it now! :eek:

This was the simple part (witch I used). You can also choose exclude, to say "if you install that than don't install this" (can be nice to choose a weather type). But I would reccommend to not use the exclude thing until you get the 1st part working.:confused: So I'm not going to say here how to include that.;)

Succes!:thumbsup:

@wagnerpsc ;) @ScoobSTi You can get [url=http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=21152]X6M[/url] here and [URL="http://tduforums.com/downloads.php?dlid=90"]M5[/URL] here. @edwin Once again, edwin is here to rescue me. :D Thank you for writing such detailed tutorial! ;) @nineo Okay, since you really want that IP plate, I'm gonna make one soon. ;) EDIT: Plate is finished, I'll upload it in a few hours. ;) EDIT2: Here ya go: [URL="http://www.filefront.com/17343338/iLLusion - Island Paradise v0.9 - Car Plate.rar"]iLLusion - Island Paradise v0.9 - Car Plate.rar[/URL] EDIT3: Just a preview of a v0.9.1 installer. :) [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2jb9jl5.jpg[/IMG]

:) Thanks for the plate. Take a look at attached photos.

manual combinding:

IP v0.9 + License plate >>> iLLusion

1975 mod + very nice Ferrari >>> 2CV Supergt

Reflection Enhancer v0.9 >>> Turbo Lag

:D Okay, I am waiting for IP v0.9.1.

The auto installer gave me an error: 'Current patch can't be installed: Patch was not applied as a critical error occured. Please contact Modding Tools support.'

:) Thanks for the plate. Take a look at attached photos.

manual combinding:

IP v0.9 + License plate >>> iLLusion

1975 mod + very nice Ferrari >>> 2CV Supergt

Reflection Enhancer v0.9 >>> Turbo Lag

:D Okay, I am waiting for IP v0.9.1.

Reflection Enhancer? :O Where is that? sounds 1337.

seems like this mod isnt compatible with turbolags reflection mod? after i installed 0.9 version, reflections are gone and im back with this plastic tdu...if any1 could give me some information it would be much appreciated

EDIT: tried both, the one with extras and the one without. Also replaced Weather.HDRI again with the modded one and still nothing. Seems like it worked with 0.89 but not with 0.9...quite sad:S

seems like this mod isnt compatible with turbolags reflection mod? after i installed 0.9 version, reflections are gone and im back with this plastic tdu...if any1 could give me some information it would be much appreciated

EDIT: tried both, the one with extras and the one without. Also replaced Weather.HDRI again with the modded one and still nothing. Seems like it worked with 0.89 but not with 0.9...quite sad:S

Hello,

I cannot check my hypothesis (can't download Turbolag mod without being member of another forum, 5 posts etc...), but there is a [Car] section in the "FX.ini" file, that is empty for me.

It is possible that Turbolag found some parameters to add there and increase the cars reflection, and light behaviour.

As this section seems to be empty by default, and most of the environment mods are playing with the FX.ini file, maybe it's the reason why it's not working anymore, as you replaced the correct file.

... and maybe I'm totally wrong :p and it's absolutely not related to this file.

Would you upload the mod (reflection) FX.ini file to check ?

Theduck38

replace WeatherDesc.ini from original tdu it works for me.

Yes, I was wrong. There are some parameters inside the weather.ini file : (as an example)

CARGLOBALFACTOR = 100.00000

CARGLOBALENV = 0.70000

CARLUMMIN = 0.00000

CARLUMMAX = 1.00000

CARAMBIANTFACTOR = 0.50000

CARDIFFUSEFACTOR = 1.00000

CARSPECULARFACTOR = 0.70000

CARREFLECTIONFACTOR = 0.00000

CARREFLECTIONLUM = 1.20000

CARCLOUDSGROUNDFACTOR = 0.20000

I wonder what happens if someone inputs (and changes) this parameters in the car section of the FX.ini....

TD38

@Austinmartindb9

Thanks for sharing that info with the rest of people around here. :) And good luck with your new monitor. ;)

@nineo

No problem. :)

@IDprofile

You've forgot to post your log file... :)

@Seizure

Nope, it ain't compatible... not with v0.9 at least. Good news is that I've talked with TurboLag couple of days back and his Reflection Enhancer will be included in v0.9.1 (as already seen on that autoinstaller screenshot). So be sure to update it to v0.9.1... :p

@TheDuck38

Yes, you are correct - reflection is determined by [Car] section in Weather.ini and Weather_HDRI.ini. :) Since I don't have time to check it right now, did you tried changing those values in FX.ini? If you did, did you noticed anything different?

@WolfMax

Since v0.9.1 is coming out in 3-4 days, I've removed the old ones. Where's the logic in that, you may ask? I'm just nuts. :nuts:

@Ken_Block_Fan

I'm glad to hear that Ken. ;)

EDIT:

@all

I would like to include new gas station in this update, do you got any suggestions? INA? Shell? BP? Mobil? Or something third?

EDIT2:

I've wrote new main page info for IP, cause the old one got outdated while ago. :p

You got your dream car and you're driving on the island with a breathtaking sceneries. Driving on Oahu should be all about making you feel special. But wait... washed out, low quality textures somehow manages to ruins that whole paradise experience? Or you are just plain bored with TDU after spending countless hours driving from one end of the island to another? No more!

Expect a complete overhaul of TDU world... Island Paradise will breathe a new life into (y)our TDU!

Starting from v0.9, due to the community feedback, IP is going to be ''divided'' into two separate installations - Full Edition and Lite Edition.

While Lite Edition ''only'' got updated flora textures that should satisfy most of the crowd out there, Full Edition aims a bit higher. Numerous tweaks & changes (like TDU2 inspired GPS map, new GPS hud, new TDU menu, new Car Light Flares, updated car reflections, new billboards, new weather... and so much more!*) are going to transform your TDU into TDU 1.5!

*Please refer to the readme file for more informations.