We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

tdu2.fr: Fabien's Feedback Report from Eden Playtest (One-77 Exclusive Screens!)

Eudemon

If you didn't know myself and Fabien from tdu2.fr were privvy to an exclusive showing of TDU2 at Eden Games. This is Fabien's report on the day, my own will be up today (4th) and I'm sure reading both will net some surprises and also some hate towards us due to what we saw but cannot talk about. :cheeky:

http://tdu2.fr/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=387

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the words Honda and S2000, i'm happy! :excited:

Breakfast approximation strictly personal relation to my car' date=' a Honda S2000, then drive, drive I have with reality is possible in the game (via a drive of course), namely driving with flexible acceleration and braking assayed but small possible drift in the corners and tight hairpins. That's good![/quote']

Seems to me like he just means that he owns an s2000

Haha great write-up Fabien, you mentioned many good things and it made me smile, one thing you neglected though was your high speed meeting with a big rock off the track with your Zonda. Remember that? :cheeky:

I'm still writing mine up and I should... no will have it up later today. (4th) It's already 1 page in Word.

well, Diablo just mentioned a track....but on which island?

anyway, here is a literal translation of the link posted above (using google translate):

Hello!

As you know, then, Wednesday, diablo of tducentral and myself were invited to come see and try TDU2 in Eden Studios and Atari games.

Many things being said, I'll start by talking about driving in TDU2 we had a lot more worried about the second trailer.

The rest of the article will be published later.

It should again be noted that the physics of the game is totally different from the first.

Where to start ...

Already tell you that what you saw in the trailer is not at all representative, level conduct, what the game today. It was cinematic. This trailer was there primarily to put you in the mood of the game

The plan of the article is as follows:

Aesthetics:

- Modeling

- His

- Visual Effects

Driving:

- General feeling of Conduct

- Differences in behavior patterns and types of transmission

- Settings

- Miscellaneous

And I conclude with my personal opinion after testing

Aesthetic

- Modeling

As discussed at the first conference, it is superb. As you will see from the photos of the conference, I was at 1 meter from the full HD LCD screen rather impressive. No details escaped me not (impact of raindrops on the ground really nice passing ^ ^).

The modeling of cars is very advanced. The outside of course, the interior especially, the remarkable quality textures (leather, suede). Needless to hide the satisfaction of Eden on this point. The details will seek to model what is behind the bumper in case you lose or the net behind the seat so that you are strictly impossible to see in the game ... We have Diablo do with these details on the position of the dev responsible for modeling. Someone (I forget his name, he apologize: S) extremely friendly, talented and of course above all, passionate! Another example. The lights and headlights of cars are very sophisticated today including LEDs, having zoomed in, I can tell you they are faithful to reality. Each LED is modeled, and each of them is a light source! The famous leather stitching is even detailed with a textured strands of yarn!! The buttons on the dashboard are modeled in detail, so many examples, they are crazy!

- Sound

Item is still very important for a perfect immersion.

They have been reworked. We find a sound similar to but more detailed TDU1. This time in the office of the person in charge of this part; closed room, two screens, large speakers all around the dev, I put myself in the center. He reviews all that is in the sound I hear.

Lots of curves on the screen. We listen to the sound of the Mustang. The idle period, then acceleration followed by deceleration. It adds to this the backfiring muffler in the rear speakers, and the sound of rolling that goes with the speed, then the sound of wind on the body, what perfectionism. All those who are not equipped with a 5.1 run fast away kit buy, it's huge! Needless to say again the passion in that office.

- Visual Effects

Turning to the visual effects when driving. Item is still very important. Although not quite finalized, the internal movements are visible. The camera pulls back to the acceleration and deceleration is looming. The shock result in a slight blur and camera movement in the vehicle just right. At higher speeds, the camera starts to shake, very very nice! The blur on the sides created by a motion blur is more subtle than in TDU1 but very realistic. The effects of excessive fan will be disappointed, but others will find their account. An effect that gives a good feeling of speed while allowing you can watch the scene when the camera moves. For Me, I would have preferred more movement when going into the curve. Deportation from the camera side to simulate the centrifugal force, or to adjust the intensity of these effects etc.. I have mentioned, the team was not closed, to see based on your responses during the beta.

Driving:

- General feeling of driving.

Unlike TDU1, the grip is felt! This is a point to a very great importance.

The weight of the car is real, but the recovery may stall adhesion unforgivable on some models for a novice driver.

How to describe this feeling? It is, to borrow the words of David Nadal, between Gran Turismo and Burnout.

A part of realism can satisfy and reward anyone who loves driving own paths or controlled braking and acceleration measured.

The arcade next to me less important can also open the game to an audience seeking fun also. Power drive without either paying attention to everything.

How does this translated into driving? Say for example you can not cut through fields and hoped to feel nothing. The car will be slowed and will skate. A clean driving will be necessary to make the good times. The drift is as fashionable as possible, without excess, however. I could try my hand at a big curve downhill, drift, it is playable, I was at the pad, not too familiar with but it does. There was some amusement in the pins. Breakfast approximation strictly personal relation to my car, a Honda S2000, then drive, drive I have with reality is possible in the game (via a drive of course), namely driving with flexible acceleration and braking assayed but small possible drift in the corners and tight hairpins. That's good!

The roads are much more smoothed, the number of polygons that have been multiplied by 4, the car jumps over even the worst road in the game where the devs put me to test me ^ ^! Huge appreciation, now driving is pleasant even in the mountains, etc. identified in the pins.

If you happen to take a jump too fast, the car off course, but do not fly long. The weight makes it come back down to earth.

In a big crash, yes ... bah, I went into a series of barrels. I have already mentioned in the previous section. In the first TDU, the devs had deliberately prevented this phenomenon. This time, no limit, but the car will not fly either. The crash happened at

200km / h, I got 5 or 6 tons ...

- Differences in behavior patterns and types of transmissions:

An adjustment period is necessary as in all games. For me who do not drive with the wheel, after two hours of play, I began to take my bearings with the pad.

But where the game is interesting is that you must learn to drive with every type of vehicle, car or even at all!

Because the physics engine is developed enough that the conduct of a propulsion or a different drive and still different from a 4x4 as the Audi TTRS.

While a logical drive oversteer, traction inevitably go straight into a turn taken with too much optimism. The 4x4, she will hang well on pavement, very hard. The overshoot at the end of the slide restore grip to the car that you send into the background if you do it at the wrong time!

The line between the different transmission technologies is completely different, as in reality. That alone will spice up the pipe and makes things difficult. But besides this, each car will really own behavior. In the same category of power, with the same type of transmission, two competing cars will behave quite differently for you to find your preferences. This game does thus not restricted to conduct that differs only in the category of your car. Everything worked, the important roll the Mustang is almost nonexistent on the Pagani Zonda which itself engages the pad but you kill the arms if it decides to drop out. To all fans of G25 and other flying, prepare yourself to be bullied!

- Settings:

Another strong point. Access to options allow you to access settings options, including driver assistance. For each vehicle tested, I've gone from one extreme to another, all aids turned to nothing. Driving there is even more interesting. On a clean driving, the difference is minimal or nonexistent. Where aid is in their view, it is during heavy braking, stall or phases of acceleration out of bends. Clearly, aid disabled, it will beat you with your car anytime! This is something that will allow everyone to find his account!

- Miscellaneous:

Some details in bulk.

- One of the questions that came up concerned the pilot's movements such as rotating the wheel to 900 °. This unfortunately will not be visible. The explanation is as follows; the animation is labor intensive, because in addition to more complex movements of arms should be able to properly handle any gearshifts. This is not impossible, but it requires a lot of time and work they have preferred to use on other points.

- Devices (steering wheel, pad etc..) TDU1 will like even better and managed to the maximum. I mentioned the emergence of LEDs on the new G27 may be that they will not run at the beginning, but they will work over for sure.

- At very high speed, in TDU1, the asking of the wheel slightly off the road, the land carries with it a loss of control inevitable. In TDU2, this is no longer the case, the car continued to fly straight and even if the road is slightly elevated.

I will continue this part of the answer to your questions in bulk later.

What I think:

I think you'll understand, my expectation was high. I was honest with David and his team NADAL, if the conduct in TDU2 remained the same as TDU1, I stopped everything. There, all me going very far. After a long game, I came out totally reassured. Note that the version tested was the latest of only 2-3 days. Today, the team looked forward to the upcoming beta to refine this. The largest is done. The debugging and final adjustments can begin. If you knew the impatience within me today. The free rides ahead of us will be absolutely brilliant!

I had the right to choose a screenshot. Choose the car and place. It should reach me tomorrow, it will be recognizable by the plate or will be registered "Kidzou" ^ ^. A photo of me was taken in hand by David pad, it should also reach me soon. Unfortunately that's all I could give you. Be warned that a new trailer arrives, very classy too ^ ^.

@ Soon to read the article!

Come to react on the forum and ask your questions, I will try to answer the best!

That was a gr8 read, but Diablo when u write up yours could u mention if the Aston Martins "Power Beauty Soul" lights came on in the dash (that is if you drove an Aston)?

Can't w8 for this game!!!

Is it really so important to Shelby_Guy that the game include such a minute detail that you have to ask in every single post? C'mon dude. I want a 2000GT, but I don't spam.

Maybe I'm just irritable tonight, but it's really getting annoying.

Is it really so important to Shelby_Guy that the game include such a minute detail that you have to ask in every single post? C'mon dude. I want a 2000GT, but I don't spam.

Maybe I'm just irritable tonight, but it's really getting annoying.

I know it's such a minute detail, but it's just really important to me. I'll stop asking though and just hope it gets answered.