We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE IT! Its safe to say I'm addicted! Photo mode is great to! ;) I'm on PS3, macospet1 is my PSN ID if anyone wants to add me.

Those are amazing, especially the Porsche shot ;) I still haven't decided whether I'll get this for the PC or PS3, also I think I'll be getting GT5 first so for now I'm just going to drool at others' pics :p

The game is amazing, addictive, stupid fun in all it's arcade glory!

Played for over 9 hours yesterday after taking the day off from work just for the game.

Only 28% into the game after all that!

Went driving around in free roam and was amazed at the approach Criterion took with some of the more subtle details in the game. Ice machines & soda machines, dumpsters, cones and advert signs outside stores, lodges, etc...

Tour bus (modern style) outside the museum & lodge areas took me by surprise!

Pay phone placements inside one of the tunnels. A call box phone by a fence with complete detail, out in the middle of nowhere.

Looping ambient sound track of people inside the coffee, doughnut shops & restaurant.

"The best coffee in whole Seacrest County".

As a developer I probably would have left things like that out and thought that people would never even notice or care to see or hear those things in a race, chase game!

The final product graphics remind me of Bad Company 2, not surprising as DICE was involved, but not as detailed as say Modern Warfare.

The creative decision to make the night really dark on unlit remote roads was a good one IMO.

Driving at over 200+ mph with only your headlights to help you see is a rush in it's self!

The 1 on 1 interceptor night time modes with the higher end cars are amazing fun!

Fugitves & suspects use tatics to elude you like 180's and other stuff I'll leave out so not to totally spoil it for everyone. But I will say chasing them at 220+ in the pitch black of night is a thrill ride you won't soon forget. I'll will say the AI in these chase modes is pretty darn good.

It seems the game may posses enough content to render repeat plays.

There are enough races & chases in all tiers, both medium & high end speed that I know I willl defintely go back for more fun, & try to top my current times.

So anyone else got more to add after playing?........

Forgot to mention the tarmac detail cracks, road patches, tire marks, etc..

Some may love a perfect looking new road, I prefer weathered.

Some of the best reflective wet road effects I have seen in a game yet.

Birds flying around. Oil platform right off the coast lighted at night not to mention the ships nearby.

The demo only exposed a touch of what we were in store for.

If it's not in store on Steam by Sunday I'll order a copy via Ebay and wait a couple of weeks for delivery. GT5 is on preorder though.

I'm not in too much of a rush to get it as I reckon I'll have a lot of time off in December (lots of time in lieu and annual leave accrued).

People have been telling me good things about this game I have to say, even a few saying not using the nitrous makes the game more of a challenge and you can originally sort of stop runaways if you side up to them and hit them against a wall or something.

Would still have been nice to be able to pit them though.

I'm intrigued to say the least.

If it's not in store on Steam by Sunday I'll order a copy via Ebay and wait a couple of weeks for delivery. GT5 is on preorder though.

I'm not in too much of a rush to get it as I reckon I'll have a lot of time off in December (lots of time in lieu and annual leave accrued).

It won't be on Steam:

Cons: Too bad they couldn't have coached the english speaking female doing the car descripts and some police calls.

Her pronunciation of 'Le Mans' is atrocious along with 'Pagani' during a police call not too mention other words in car descripts.

Hope the French, German speaking community have better luck with the language in their games!

I think they missed the tunnel ambiance with the volume dropping, they got the sound spread nicely but the volume dip is too bad.

The car engine sounds could have been more aggressive more like Forza 3 (nit picking here!) but I digress I am overall ecstatic about this game very well done for an arcade racer IMHO.

Even today there is no online freeroam in the NFS series? Ok that's sort of got me in a downer, they missed the boat on that one imo as we TDU fans are awaiting TDU2 and now it's been delayed, and as wrong and hurtful as it may sound (:eek:) ...a NFS may have filled the void.

From what I read freeroam or Free Drive as it's called is single player only. 1 on 1 Interceptor appears to be freeroam as in no closed circuit but the 4v4 and 8 player racing are closed circuits.

I was checking out the NFS forums when searching for "TDU2" on Google and this is what people are saying.

Anyone who has the game who can say for sure would be appreciated though!

Hi guys, I'm finally back from a prolonged absence due to exams... Bought this game when it was released on Tuesday and I haven't been able to stop since, it really is immense fun!

One problem I have though, and it is a pretty major one, since this is the game's most touted feature - how the heck do you use Autolog? Especially, how do you search for specific people to add to friends list? For those who know, my ingame nick is 1CarFreak1. Also, how do you access the photos you take ingame? I've taken several and would like to share them with you guys... Though to be honest, a 25 photo limit is waaaay too little.

And Diablo, everything you said there is correct

Hi guys, I'm finally back from a prolonged absence due to exams... Bought this game when it was released on Tuesday and I haven't been able to stop since, it really is immense fun!

One problem I have though, and it is a pretty major one, since this is the game's most touted feature - how the heck do you use Autolog? Especially, how do you search for specific people to add to friends list? For those who know, my ingame nick is 1CarFreak1. Also, how do you access the photos you take ingame? I've taken several and would like to share them with you guys... Though to be honest, a 25 photo limit is waaaay too little.

And Diablo, everything you said there is correct

Autolog is right there in the main menu. If nobody has broke your records you will only see "Add friends". If somebody has better records than you in your friends list, you will see them in autolog, nothing more.