We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe any of you fell for this crap. Every NFS game sounds like heaven before release. God only knows how far from a 5/10 this will actually end up being.

Shift sounded excellent before release and after release it still was, imo... :p

I still can't believe any of you fell for this crap. Every NFS game sounds like heaven before release. God only knows how far from a 5/10 this will actually end up being.

Don't write it off too quickly. You should really wait until you play it or someone does a proper review before you put down a whole series of games just because they went for a different angle in some games that you might not like.

Yeah Tom you rigth. Just like when NFSMW went out most people hated becuse i didn't had many tuning features as NFSU2. But then the same people started to like it becuse the pursuits, like me.Like i said in another post the pursuit in MW is very fun becuse you can do stuff like U-turns, Stop the car and then when the cops are almost catching you set off and other things.

• 2 weeks later...
Over here, if you pre-order the game you get a code to unlock all the cars, and... that's it. :fp:

When i first see that, i though "thats actually quite good"..but now i see its bad, it takes the fun away of unlocking the cars and it means that if lots of places are offering that, online wil be filled with Veyron driving N00bs! :cry:

;343968']I was pretty infuriated about the delay of TDU2, but now I'm a bit happier:

*Shot of 997.5 GT3 RS*

Actually, make that a lot happier. :D

-Leadfoot

Nice New shot! Thankfully with Criterion games making it, it will all be the latest models of the cars! Rather than updating them every so often!

Also though i'd shair this pic with everyone.....

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/5.jpg

I'm dreaming about this game. I loved HP2, and now, Criterion is re-incarnating it! :eek:

I hope the handling stays similar to the NFS series, although i would probably settle with something closer to BP. The Dev's at Criterion said it it going to be more realistic than paradise, but not full on sim...

I'm dreaming about this game. I loved HP2, and now, Criterion is re-incarnating it! :eek:

I hope the handling stays similar to the NFS series, although i would probably settle with something closer to BP. The Dev's at Criterion said it it going to be more realistic than paradise, but not full on sim...

I recall a Dev saying someone who plays the game for 2 minutes will be able to drift at 150 MPH. There goes another NFS.

It's still more realistic than BP where you can drift at 300 MPH :thumbsup:

Well Burnout was more fun,it never said it would be sim, and more importantly, more eye candy. I still can't believe I spent money on Undercover. Worst. Investment. Ever.

I'd much rather have handling like on Paradise, rather than somthing like some of the NFS games(mainly Undercover), where it feels like your driving boats, lumbering around everywhere!

Also i don't ever recall any NFS's(appert from Shift) ever trying to be a sim! As long as a Muscle cars can't turn corners and Sporty Copues can, and Supercars are best of both...then thats what i'm happy with in a NFS game!

--------

Anyway's, though i'd post more pic's here.....

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/Need%20For%20Speed%20Hot%20Pursuit/th_viperCop2.jpghttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/Need%20For%20Speed%20Hot%20Pursuit/th_ActionBlog.jpghttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/Need%20For%20Speed%20Hot%20Pursuit/th_Action1.jpghttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/Need%20For%20Speed%20Hot%20Pursuit/th_MP4-12Ccop.jpg

Click to Enlarge the pic's!

Well if the game devs make the handling similar to BP i will be happy, but remove the thing that when you break the car starts drifting. I hated that thing in BP.

yeah NFS Porsche was sim-ish. I the present i still think that that is a hard game play with out expirience. it was Eden making it rigth?